ST Elite Plus maintenance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN (*A Gold), FB Platinum (ST E+), M&S Elite (*A Gold), Finnair Plus Platinum (OW Emerald)

Hi FT Community,

I am already *A Gold Member (M&M SEN) and now I am trying to make a top tier status on ST also, so I looked at the several FFP's.
Therefore FB will be a good oportunity becoming Platinium Member (and maybe later for life ;-) )

Now my question: Is there a cheap way to get (and later maintain) this status with flown miles? (segments will be extremly time consuming)

THX & ng
Old Nov 3, 2010, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Cheap way : simple answer = No. Since the change in mileage accrual of FB in april 2009, all cheap fares earn 25 or 50% of distance flow (or 25 to 50% of 750 miles for European flights). So if you don't fly P/J class or full-fare Y class, it's very hard to qualify gold or plat
So the cheapest way to qualify gold/plat is by segment, even if it's time consuming. But you will be probably happy tospend more time in the air ?
Old Nov 3, 2010, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M SEN (*A Gold), FB Platinum (ST E+), M&S Elite (*A Gold), Finnair Plus Platinum (OW Emerald)
That's pitty :-(
A few cheap long distance eco (evt. biz) trips would be my preffered solution (that means maximizing flight time instead of the time wasting on the ground and waiting inside a lounge for boarding :-P ).

Is it maybe easier/cheaper to get elite+ status on another FFP of ST with flown miles?
Old Nov 4, 2010, 9:12 am

Programs: AZ CFP, OK Plat, LH FTL, SPG Plat, HH Dia, MR Gold, Carlson Gold, BW Dia, PC Plat AMB, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by mib1
That's pitty :-(
A few cheap long distance eco (evt. biz) trips would be my preffered solution (that means maximizing flight time instead of the time wasting on the ground and waiting inside a lounge for boarding :-P ).

Is it maybe easier/cheaper to get elite+ status on another FFP of ST with flown miles?
If you have the chance at all to fly AZ, look into MilleMiglia. Business will get you triple miles. Two return trips FCO-EZE will get you E+.

Pi

Last edited by pieterde; Nov 4, 2010 at 9:13 am Reason: spelling
Old Nov 5, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: United 1k (finally!), Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by pieterde
If you have the chance at all to fly AZ, look into MilleMiglia. Business will get you triple miles. Two return trips FCO-EZE will get you E+.

Pi
Looking at this on AZ's site, AZ's J class is actually amazingly cheap, for an international flight like that; I could even consider buying those tickets out right!
Old Nov 7, 2010, 2:27 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
OK Plus

Czech Airlines' OK Plus will match your Star status to Skyteam:
http://www.csa.cz/en/portal/loyalty_...card_match.htm

If you do decide to give it a try I am happy if you use this referral link:
http://www.csa.cz/en/ok_plus/okp_reg...promo=12343006

Cheers!
Old Nov 8, 2010, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by pieterde

Pi
The one I think is the best value and I've posted in a few threads before is CDG-SYD return with 2660€ earning you 66k qualifying miles.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bungler
The one I think is the best value and I've posted in a few threads before is CDG-SYD return with 2660€ earning you 66k qualifying miles.
Hi bungler,

What is the exact routing? CDG - HKG/SIN - SYD via AirFrance Website (price in February ~4000-5000€!?!)? crediting miles to FB or MileMiglia?

thx & br
Old Nov 9, 2010, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by mib1
Hi bungler,

What is the exact routing? CDG - HKG/SIN - SYD via AirFrance Website (price in February ~4000-5000€!?!)? crediting miles to FB or MileMiglia?

thx & br
The routing is CDG-FCO-KUL-SYD. It is a 3xw and at the moment you can only book up until end March '11. Book on www.alitalia.com/en_en . Fare is quite widely available, for example going out this 23/11 (07.00) and coming back on 25/11 (arrival the next day at 11.05). Be sure to check in the review page that all flights are business as sometimes they will give you economy if business is sold out. You'll have to have a MilleMiglia account to get the 300% miles (these miles are then valid across all Skyteam of course). It's a bit long if you're doing it just for the miles, although all those hours in business and a quick visit of Sydney are a plus obviously.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA, DL,
Are you sure the route via KUL would get Sky Team qualifying miles? These flights seem to be operated by MH, so I am not sure whether they qualify towards the status.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 2:30 pm

I'm pretty sure those miles are qualifying... It's an AZ I class which always is.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA, DL,
I think they are pretty vague in what they have on their website:

using Alitalia and Air One flights, SkyTeam Partners and with other Partners, wherever expressly stated.

I had a case like this before, where I used Sky Team coded flight, and I got the miles, but they did not qualify for the elite status. I think it would be wise to double check with the mileage program.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 6:26 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
I do not know the situation with AZ's programme. But you would not get Flying Blue level miles for the MH flight because you get Flying Blue level miles with AZ only when the flight is also operated by a Skyteam carrier. But for members AZ's programme this might well work.

Last edited by cityflyer369; Nov 9, 2010 at 6:27 pm Reason: add on
Old Nov 11, 2010, 10:21 pm

You would certainly need to be with AZ's MilleMiglia, and you would get miles, but perhaps a little phone call to +32 06 2222 just to check they are qualifying would be safer.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 5:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by bungler
You would certainly need to be with AZ's MilleMiglia, and you would get miles, but perhaps a little phone call to +32 06 2222 just to check they are qualifying would be safer.
looking at their reglementation, it is not very clear about qualifying miles, except for Skyteam partners.
But, I am surprised to read this: "From this years, thanks to an extension of the milleMiglia Program deadline, you can continue to accrue miles up to the 31 December 2012 and redeem them by 30 June 2013." !!!

http://www.alitalia.com/FR_FR/Images...052MMguide.pdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.