SIXT New York

Old Jan 21, 2020, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

SIXT New York

I may be renting a car from SIXT in August. Do they only have US Cars on site? Does anyone have experience with SIXT NY?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, National EE, Hertz President Circle, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Thomas_DE
I may be renting a car from SIXT in August. Do they only have US Cars on site? Does anyone have experience with SIXT NY?
its only caddys
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 9:51 am

Judging by the Google Maps photos, it's only Cadillacs with FL plates.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 9:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I rented a great Escaladeat the Wall Street location a couple of years ago. Brand new car, very friendly staff. I returned it almost empty because I couldn't be bothered to find a gas station in lower Manhattan, and they told me not to worry about it. I was never charged. Great station.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
For a data point, friend of mine rented from this location this past month and got a Volvo XC90 SUV. Seems they've expanded from Caddys.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 10:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Another data point. Saw that Sixt is now at JFK right above Hertz. I saw a whole bunch of Volvo XC90s, XC60s, S60s and S90s parked ready for people to take the cars. The Volvos were the reason I was looking at the roof thinking that Advantage must have gotten new Volvos but then saw a Sixt sign.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Just dropping a data point from SIXT Battery Park. Requested and received a Jetta (solo traveler, no need for upgrade). Couldn't beat ~$140 all in for NYC-PBI (thanks, Autoslash for finding this rate) and wouldn't hesitate to rent from again.
Didn't love that I got the car with less than a half a tank as I didn't want to stop so soon into my road trip, but otherwise all good with this rental and the car. Slight surprise as someone who doesn't much drive to find that the Jetta had USB-C and not USB, but was a non issue to stop and buy a cable which I can use on my computer.
Return at PBI was super easy and customer service after the fact was fast and issue quickly handled.
AutoSlash and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by travellingcari
Just dropping a data point from SIXT Battery Park. Requested and received a Jetta (solo traveler, no need for upgrade). Couldn't beat ~$140 all in for NYC-PBI (thanks, Autoslash for finding this rate) and wouldn't hesitate to rent from again.
Didn't love that I got the car with less than a half a tank as I didn't want to stop so soon into my road trip, but otherwise all good with this rental and the car. Slight surprise as someone who doesn't much drive to find that the Jetta had USB-C and not USB, but was a non issue to stop and buy a cable which I can use on my computer.
Return at PBI was super easy and customer service after the fact was fast and issue quickly handled.
They were probably quite happy for you to take it down there for the season.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 5:31 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by LondonElite
They were probably quite happy for you to take it down there for the season.
Yep!
I wasn't sure we'd see the Drive In rates this year. Had one quote (Dollar, I think) in the $300s but everything else was normal. So this was lovely
Old Dec 1, 2020, 8:17 pm

I'm curious how many miles and what state the car was originally from. Now that Sixt is expanding again in the US, one-ways seem to be more available, and sometimes competitively priced.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 8:05 am

whoops sorry I missed this notification

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
I'm curious how many miles and what state the car was originally from. Now that Sixt is expanding again in the US, one-ways seem to be more available, and sometimes competitively priced.
Florida plates, 12,863 miles.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 9:31 am

Florida plates, 12,863 miles.
Ha, that's funny. It seems that car was beat up over the course of 2-3 peak seasons, FL last year, NYC this year, and now FL again next year.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Ha, that's funny. It seems that car was beat up over the course of 2-3 peak seasons, FL last year, NYC this year, and now FL again next year.
and it may well be able to drive 95 on autopilot
I haven't owned a car for about ten years so I'm not up on the latest models and packages but it did make me chuckle that the radio had no autoscan feature, but the charger was USB-C. Mix of old and new worlds.
Old Dec 11, 2020, 5:43 am
Suspended

and it may well be able to drive 95 on autopilot
I haven't owned a car for about ten years so I'm not up on the latest models and packages but it did make me chuckle that the radio had no autoscan feature, but the charger was USB-C. Mix of old and new worlds.
But did it have digital radio?
Old Feb 15, 2021, 8:26 pm

Ive used SIXT a buncha times, always competitive rates and seem to have a much sleeker/newer fleet. When I used in airport I was disappointed with customer service (though I was given sweet low mileage Volvos both times) but the downtown NYC location has on both locations I used it, been fantastic. Super busy so a very long wait, yes, but not bec of the staff, just bec of demand.

I was upgraded from a premium small car to a nice new s60 the first time, and second go round they upgraded me to an X1 from a regular SUV rental. I always check out their rates when Im renting now in NYC area, shame its such an inconvenient city location.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.