Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT New York

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2022 | 4:25 pm

I have an upcoming booking next week at JFK for a XCAR for 27 days. I was wondering if they would upgrade me since I have Gold status. Does JFK location have a good selection of Merc or BMW cars since I am not a fan of Volvo? Do I have a better chance of free upgrade if I were to rent from other locations such as Battery Park or LGA? I'd appreciate any info since I haven't rented from Sixt since Covid started. Cheers.
Old Jun 25, 2023 | 8:29 am

Which location is...decent for a booking? I keep reading bad reviews for most SIXT locations in NYC
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2023 | 1:43 am
10 Years on Site

Any recent experience?
I am a National EE and usually loyal to National, but Sixt rate is only about 55% of National - for a BMW X1 (or similar). My experience w/ Sixt is super limited, only 1 rental (at SFO). The car itself was great (BMW 640i cabrio), was renting a standard cabrio, and got double upgrade to the 6-series (normal upgrade was a 3-series), but the reservation process is so bad (took 1 hour plus from arrival to driving a car). With National, I could go in and out in 5 min.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2023 | 11:29 am

Consolidating conversation:

Apr 18 2023
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35181507-post650.html

Car Class Reserved: Mid-Suze SUV

Car Received: Toyota 4Runner

Nothing special here, wasn't upsold or upgraded.

--

Car Class Reserved: BMW 5 Series

Car Received: BMW 5 Series

They attempted to get me into an X5 or X6 as they didn't have any 5 series, then they found one and sent me on my way.
Old Dec 9, 2023 | 11:30 am

December 2 2023
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35793032-post91.html

rented WFAR at JFK in Nov. Was going to be an X5, they let me upgrade to XFAZ (X7) for $20 more per day. If anyone is curious, looked to be almost entirely BMWs at that location at least for the premium options.
Old Dec 13, 2023 | 2:51 pm

December 10, Battery Park Location
Sixt Plat Status

Booked: PCAR (3 series), offered 430i Gran Coupe xDrive, 430i 2 door RWD.
No one class free plat upgrade available.
Offered BMW X5/6 with parking assistance pro, headsup display, 360 camera for $17 a day, took it.

Other cars available:
GMC Acadia, Mazda CX90, Toyota Corolla/Camry, X1, GLB, Nissan Murano also spotted in the lot.
Old Mar 17, 2024 | 10:17 pm

Has anyone seen the new 2024 Audi Q8 yet?
Old Apr 22, 2024 | 1:29 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Ambassador, Sixt Diamond, National EE, HH Diamond, Hertz PC and a lot more
XFAR@JFK

Will pick up at JFK in a couple of days - booking is for XFAR, will it be X5 or have any other cars in this category been seen?

And one additional question: has anybody seen if they have any X5 in their fleet with the multi contour seats instead of the sport seats?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Old Apr 30, 2024 | 12:22 am

Originally Posted by Dr_Fly_A_LOT
Will pick up at JFK in a couple of days - booking is for XFAR, will it be X5 or have any other cars in this category been seen?

And one additional question: has anybody seen if they have any X5 in their fleet with the multi contour seats instead of the sport seats?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Both the X5 and X6 I had out of battery park had the multi-contour seats
Dr_Fly_A_LOT likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2024 | 12:25 am

Originally Posted by MosheYehuda
Has anyone seen the new 2024 Audi Q8 yet?
Haven't seen any Audi in SIXT NY fleets
Old May 11, 2024 | 4:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Ambassador, Sixt Diamond, National EE, HH Diamond, Hertz PC and a lot more
X5 JFK

Originally Posted by Aaron Yim
Both the X5 and X6 I had out of battery park had the multi-contour seats
The X5 we received was brand new and had the multi contour seats - also very nicely equipped, just no advanced driving assistance features

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.