Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Two levels of Sixt Platinum: one with upgrades/one without

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two levels of Sixt Platinum: one with upgrades/one without

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
The E-Class can be PDAR or LDAR in Europe, I really doubt it is an XDAR which the S-Class belongs in.

In the U.S., S90 along with E-Class are XDAR but certainly not for Europe. More likely either PDAR or LDAR. The Benz can be PDAR (the cheap E200d, for instance) but the Volvo S90 costs more than the cheapest E-Class so I am willing to bet it is in LDAR.

A very nice car. I tried to get that in Paris but somebody got it so I wound up with an Audi A7.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:09 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

I have the fake Platinum and have been upgraded the last 2 of 3 times.

Las Vegas - Reserved a PCAR, got a XCAR (Volvo S90)
Seattle - Reserved a PCAR, got a XCAR (Cadillac CTS)
Los Angeles - Reserved a XCAR, got a XCAR (Cadillac CTS)
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:53 am

I had requested a status match a few nights ago via Hertz PC to Sixt Plat, and I've received the following email confirming that my matched Plat status does give Free upgrade to higher class group. I am in the states, so this should give me double upgrade, whilst the email conf. only states "Free upgrade to Next higher car group."

I'll test this status next rental and see if I'll indeed get an upgrade.. tho I know it's pretty YMMV anyway.

Dear xlckx,

Thank you for your e-mail and documentation.
I am very happy to welcome you into the group of our most important and exclusive customers with the Platinum Sixt Card.
You may log into your personalized My Sixt customer page at sixt.com/mysixt and be able to enjoy all of your benefits from Sixt:

Free upgrade to the next higher car group.*
A discount of up to 15%** on Sixt rent a car and Sixt rent a van products
A discount of up to 20%** with Sixt limousine service Exclusive offers from our Airline, Hotel and other partners
Free additional driver(s) for all rentals in the United States****
Update your customer profile information One-step reservation: use the details from your last rental for your next reservation
Control and access to past rental contracts, invoices and bonus miles
Continuously updated offers and information via facebook.com/sixt
Great mobile and smart phone access via iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, Bada and sixt.com/mobile
Old May 30, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Has anyone tried to re-register another profile if one's Plat is "fake"?
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I have Platinum and received no upgrade today. Counter rep said he only had high end cars - so a standard car is what I reserved and a standard car is what I got (Toyota Corolla). He refused to give me anything higher (again stating he had no full size and wouldn't go higher). I do not have the 10 rentals required for upgrades (although he didn't mention that as being a reason). Frustrating but not unexpected. It's why Sixt is not my preferred car rental company.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.