A terrible experience with Sixt.

Old Jun 14, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
More importantly HOW did it get resolved? (I'll understand if that isnt public...)
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
More importantly HOW did it get resolved? (I'll understand if that isnt public...)
Through FT member Flying Lawyer writing to them and re-aquaniting them with the facts of the case, in German, and very convincingly, evidently.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:44 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I am happy to send them a lawyerish letter. This brings things normally back to earth.
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Through FT member Flying Lawyer writing to them and re-aquaniting them with the facts of the case, in German, and very convincingly, evidently.
I would have been more than happy to write them a "lawyerish" letter in Hebrew.
JonNYC likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884
I would have been more than happy to write them a "lawyerish" letter in Hebrew.
This would have been a challenge even to the nicest Bavarian people. Seriously. It depends how you deal with the people. I am more on the very kind end and speaking friendly to the right people brings better results compared to yelling and shouting at call centre agents.
JonNYC likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:50 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
1,000% love the ending to this story ^
JonNYC likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Cool

This would have been a challenge even to the nicest Bavarian people. Seriously. It depends how you deal with the people. I am more on the very kind end and speaking friendly to the right people brings better results compared to yelling and shouting at call centre agents.
Certainly can't argue with the results ya got for me! Thanks again!

Originally Posted by daveland
1,000% love the ending to this story ^
Me too. And, they got that €500 (and then some) back pretty quick, here's my current Sixt rental:
Attached Images  
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:35 am

Hey flying lawyer, can you please help me. I have a similar problem with Sixt, Just like JonNYC

I sent a pm to you.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 4:46 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Are they still renting high performance cars with summer tires in the middle of winter?
What good outcome could ever come out of this?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:00 am

I have kind of a similar issue with them.

In December last year I went to Barcelona and rented an opel corsa at the airport. I also rented it with snow chains. At the counter they provided me with a Key and the snow chain kit and they said were the car was parked. Nothing else, so no verification of a kind was done before receiving the car but on the contract there was indication of rim scratches.

During our travel to Andorra, I was always careful, and only used snow chains once.

Unfortunately when I went to deliver the car, at the airport, I was late for my flight so I didn't had enough time to check the car with the assistant.

A few weeks later I've received an email with "supposed" rim scratches that I've done to the car. I knew the car was given to me already with rim scratches, it's on the contract, but now they are saying that the scratches are deeper and it needs to be fixed, so they decided to bill me for the repair. I replied saying that I wasn't aware of new scratches, and I was careful when driving, but they ignored it and so did I.

Today I've received an email from Profaktura Auslandsinkasso GmbH saying that their client (Sixt) contracted them to collect my bill and now i have to pay more money because I didn't pay it on the right amount of time, plus all the expenses from Profaktura Auslandsinkasso. So I'm not sure what I should do. Honestly I think that Sixt is trying to make me pay for all the rim damages that were done before I rented the car.
I was careful, like always, I didn't drive on dangerous roads, most of them were highways so I'm surprised with it.

What should I do? Should I contact Flying Lawyer?
Old May 7, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: Flying blue, Avis, Sixt , Miles and More
Angry Collision Damage Waiver- for nothing

To add to the list of troubles with Sixt- I discovered that collision damage waivers are really at the discretion of Sixt, and their policy is to deny everything.

I recently rented a car and while driving on the highway I put my coffee down and accidentally swerved into the side bumper rail. It was a complete accident (my first one) and at the time I thought, thank god I got the collision damage insurance (which cost me half of the total car rental price). The car was only physically damaged. I returned the car and reported the incident and was shocked when instead of a bill for the maximum amount as part of the insurance, I had the full bill- over 13,000 (which when I look up the value of the car, is the value of the entire car).

When I asked why the full amount, it is allegedly because of "gross negligence" on my part and therefore the insurance I paid for is invalid. I have been asking for an explanation of how drinking a beverage is "gross negligence", and have received none, only directives to pay. I am left wondering why even offer collision damage insurance if it is not really an offer. Also I want to add that finding the information for the insurance and its exclusion criteria was one of the most difficult things I have done recently, and so at the very least transparency would be appreciated.

I am a Premium customer at Sixt, recently switched over from Avis, and it's safe to say I will never return to Sixt again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.