Wiki Posts
Search

A terrible experience with Sixt.

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2016, 7:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Todays:

..the invoice is about 1.011,92 Euro. Attached you can find the copy. We got a chargeback of your credit card company about 994,23 Euro.

In this case you only paid 17,69 Euro for this invoice.

Please finally tell us, what`s wrong with this invoice, what do you imagine?

Kind regards

Kathleen S.
Agent Accounts Receivable Management
Old May 18, 2016, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Todays:
Unbelievable. I would not reply.
Old May 23, 2016, 7:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

And today's:

We looked again into your matter.

As a goodwill gesture we reduced your invoice amount again and increased the discount to EUR 150.00.

We beg you to pay the remaining EUR 894.23 till the 27th of May 2016.

If the amount is not paid by specified date, we will transfer this matter to a collection agency.

Kind regards,

Johanna W.
Customer Service
Old May 23, 2016, 7:13 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Updated my FT signature as well.
Old May 23, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Quite amazing...

"Please finally tell us, what`s wrong with this invoice, what do you imagine?"

Really?! "finally tell us'???

It is as if each successive clerk that gets the file has no knowledge of the prior issues- the car problem, the chargeback; sixt's failure to respond to the chargeback; etc.
Old May 23, 2016, 12:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
...It is as if each successive clerk that gets the file has no knowledge of the prior issues- the car problem, the chargeback; sixt's failure to respond to the chargeback; etc.
Yep, that seems to be -exactly- the case! And I find it bizarre!
Old May 23, 2016, 2:27 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
You drew me into this via your sponsored Twitter post. To think they pissed a customer off THAT MUCH just roped me in. If ONLY these reps had any sort of access to the file on this rental. If only they didn't need to ask you why it hasn't yet been paid and BEG for your payment. If only.....

Old May 23, 2016, 3:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by daveland
You drew me into this via your sponsored Twitter post. To think they pissed a customer off THAT MUCH just roped me in...
They most certainly have indeed. If they contacted me and said "hey, how 'bout half?" I'd instantly agree (or would have, anyway.)

Now, instead, I'll spend every penny they are looking for on telling this long, stupid, pathetic story. Every. Single. Penny.

I've never -ever- had an experience like this with any travel related company. Ever. And that's 15+ years of posting here and being considered a pretty darn knowledgeable member and frequent flier who's NOT looking for something for nothing. I never stay in chain hotels-- always splurge, I rent expensive cars, etc. These people at Sixt just couldn't -be- any stupider.

Originally Posted by daveland
...If only they didn't need to ask you why it hasn't yet been paid and BEG for your payment. If only.....

Language barrier even accounted for, the people who are writing these emails are abject dimwits.
Old May 24, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Wow - unbelievable! Haven't rented a car in Europe yet (we like wine too much to do that) - but I will sure as hell stay away from Sixt if we do!

Thanks for sharing this story - hell of an entertaining read.
Old May 31, 2016, 4:55 am

Programs: AA EXP
Please keep us posted. This is entertaining.
Old May 31, 2016, 6:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Today's, the promised letter from the collection agency:

We have been instructed by our above mentioned client and are authorized to collect the following overdue claim.

We expect your payment of the total amount due by 14.06.2016 to the following bank account:
Assigned claim (see following page)
Interest (see following page)
Creditor’s collection expenses + possible charge-back fees
1,3 rate as per §4 Abs. 5 RDGEG in accordance with no. 2300 VV RVG
of 894,23 EUR
Mail and telecommunication lump sum in accordance with no. 7002 VV RVG Address investigation in accordance with § 670 BGB

Total claim
EUR 894,23 EUR 1,55 EUR 20,00 EUR 104,00
EUR 20,00 EUR 0,00 EUR 1039,78

Account holder: Bank:
IBAN:
Profaktura Auslandsinkasso GmbH
Commerzbank / Dresdner Bank Address: Haihover Str. 8, 52511 Geilenkirchen DE37 3908 0005 0280 9928 00 BIC: DRES DE FF 390

Should you wish to settle the claim by credit card we kindly ask you to complete the attached form and return it accompanied by a copy of your credit card (both sides) by mail or email.

Due to non-payment you are obliged to reimburse the arisen costs in accordance with §§ 280 para. 2, 286, 288 BGB.

Payment for full satisfaction of your debt shall be effected to us.
If you are unable to settle the total amount due we expect a prompt part payment and your part payment proposal on the attached part payment schedule.

In case you keep a German bank account, a standing order may be set up by us. Otherwise, please ensure the due remittance of each payment yourself.
(For submitting by e-mail please use www.bid-coburg.de/schuldnerportal/)

Further measures will be taken with costs to be borne by you after the deadline has expired.
Old May 31, 2016, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Today's, the promised letter from the collection agency:
Just awesome.
Old May 31, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: AA PLT, 3MM, DL Plat, Hertz PC, SPG Gold
Wow....the saga continues.

btw, I have a 2013 M5....has the Super Sport summer tires.....tried to drive it once in a little bit of ice/snow......couldn't make it out of the driveway.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yojimbo
...btw, I have a 2013 M5....has the Super Sport summer tires.....tried to drive it once in a little bit of ice/snow......couldn't make it out of the driveway.
Amen. HOW these idiots didn't/don't know that us beyond me. That's before one even gets to the fact that the tires were bald and mismatched.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
So now that the collection agency tried to reach you, what happens next? Can you just ignore them or do you risk getting into any legal issues?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.