Laundry in Singapore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Laundry in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2011, 1:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
I have used this place before my washer and dryer were connected in my house.

http://wonderwash.com.sg/

Coin-operated, self service, laundromat. They have German imported machines. They have a range of sizes, all self-dispensing soap, and all sorts of fancy stuff. A nice place and reasonable compared to per kg places around the city. It's in Geylang, but in fact a top notch place and often the owner stops in to check on things- particularly on the weekends.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:56 am
Original Member

Conrad hotel

Any recommendations near the Conrad?
Old May 1, 2012, 10:51 pm

I get my clothes cleaned regular from Laundry Cleaning Service.
So far have no problem with their service.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 6:55 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by c210473
I was recently in Singapore and in desperate need of a laundromat. This page is highly rated in a google search of "laundromat singapore", so I thought I should sign up and let you all know that this laundromat has closed.

This was confirmed by a nice staff member in the shop shown in the right of the google street view.
Anyone know cheap one near Orchard, preferably by hilton? And preferably by kilos?
Old Jun 9, 2012, 7:36 pm
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T959V Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by tomy77
Originally Posted by c210473
I was recently in Singapore and in desperate need of a laundromat. This page is highly rated in a google search of "laundromat singapore", so I thought I should sign up and let you all know that this laundromat has closed.

This was confirmed by a nice staff member in the shop shown in the right of the google street view.
Anyone know cheap one near Orchard, preferably by hilton? And preferably by kilos?
Dhoby Ghat/Ghaut.
Please don't take this serioisly
Old Jun 9, 2012, 9:22 pm

If there are any left in Orchard Plaza, that's pretty close. However last time I went, it just seemed to be tailors, massage places, karaoke bars etc. But didn't look too closely.

Back in SIN in a couple of days, might have time to go for a wander...
Old Jun 11, 2012, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
If there are any left in Orchard Plaza, that's pretty close. However last time I went, it just seemed to be tailors, massage places, karaoke bars etc. But didn't look too closely.

Back in SIN in a couple of days, might have time to go for a wander...
Please do.
Would really appreciate it if you could report back.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
I ended up going to the Wonderwash in Bukit Merah two weeks ago. Can't fault the machines at all. The place is a bit back-of-beyond though, but on bus routes.

I saw a laundry place in International Building, almost opposite the Hilton. No idea about price or service - I prefer DIY when in a hurry.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 9:15 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife
Original Poster

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
3 1/2 Years after posting this question, I still have no idea where to get laundry done while in SIN. Maybe some of the locals can help out by posting some suggestions. Come on, pleasssssse!
Old Jun 12, 2012, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
3 1/2 Years after posting this question, I still have no idea where to get laundry done while in SIN. Maybe some of the locals can help out by posting some suggestions. Come on, pleasssssse!

What more are you looking for?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:34 am
formerly known as 2lovelife
Original Poster

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Albeit it's been a while since I spent an extended time in Singapore. I had tried to search out a few of the earlier mentioned places (2-3 years ago suggestions) with no luck.

I don't need anything. But it looks like this thread gets bumped and clicked on a regular basis, which I take to mean that other travellers have the same confusion regarding laundry, etc.

So, I simply asked if any locals or frequent Singaporites could comment on places they have found or seen.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
So, I simply asked if any locals or frequent Singaporites could comment on places they have found or seen.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18741553-post23.html

I've also done DIY laundry at the Ibis and Mercure hotels - the Ibis is substantially cheaper but the machines are a bit smelly.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by typical

What more are you looking for?
Well it would help with more locations, particularly touristy area (orchard rd).
Wonderwash has limited areas.
But thanks for the update.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well it would help with more locations, particularly touristy area (orchard rd).
Wonderwash has limited areas.
But thanks for the update.
There simply aren't DIY places in touristy areas (except for the Ibis, I guess) - and there aren't very many in Singapore in general. They're not very popular, it seems.

There are little shops that'll take your washing and do it for you all over the place, including in many of the malls listed in the thread - several of which are in touristy areas... and collect/delivery services are popular too.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:09 pm

So which Ibis is this? Both ibis has DIY?
Is it for guest only?
Thanks,

Originally Posted by typical
There simply aren't DIY places in touristy areas (except for the Ibis, I guess) - and there aren't very many in Singapore in general. They're not very popular, it seems.

There are little shops that'll take your washing and do it for you all over the place, including in many of the malls listed in the thread - several of which are in touristy areas... and collect/delivery services are popular too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.