Wiki Posts
Search

Laundry in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by tomy77
So which Ibis is this? Both ibis has DIY?
Is it for guest only?
Thanks,
I believe both have a laundromat but I only have experience of Bencoolen St.

I believe in theory only guests are supposed to use the Bencoolen St Ibis's laundry room...
Old Jun 14, 2012, 7:04 am

Laundromat at Boon Keng MRT Station

I've been looking at the same problem as I'll be soon passing through Singapore on the way to and from Bhutan. There seems to be a 24 hr laundromat at Boon Keng MRT Station [URL="http://www.laundrymart.com.sg/index.html"]
Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by TracyYap
I get my clothes cleaned regular from Laundry Cleaning Service.
So far have no problem with their service.
Tried their service before.
They are pretty reliable!

Another good laundry company in Singapore is E Home Services & @bsolute Solutions Pte Ltd
Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by typical
I believe both have a laundromat but I only have experience of Bencoolen St.

I believe in theory only guests are supposed to use the Bencoolen St Ibis's laundry room...
Yeah, Novena does have a laundry room as well. And I am sure they would prefer that only guests use the laundry.

My apologies to tomy77, while I was in Orchard Rd, I didn't make it up as far as the Holiday Inn.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA Silver, DL, AA, WN, Marriott, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*, National Exec
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
There's also a few places in Orchard Plaza that do laundry. (Off Orchard Road, near Somerset Road up near the Holiday Inn). Bottom floor is mainly tailors etc, but upstairs has other interesting places. (tailoring etc).
We used Laundry Day which is on the ground floor of Cuppage Plaza right behind the Holiday Inn Orchard City Centre, a few blocks from Somerset MRT. S$12 for the first 3kg and S$4 for each kg after that. A week's worth of clothes between my wife and I was just over 5kg for some perspective. Dropped off when they opened at 10am and had it done by 1pm same day. Nice couple that worked there. They offered to deliver to the Holiday Inn no charge so not sure if they deliver elsewhere, something to ask if that interests you, we picked it up from them. Wash/dry/fold and bagged up for us, I don't think they did dry cleaning.

http://laundryday.atspace.com/
Old Mar 25, 2013, 2:04 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
As an update, I'm using the EasyWash (easywash.sg) near Lavender MRT (a few minutes walk away). There are a few other locations, including one in Chinatown. They are open 24 hours, but don't try to come on a Sunday (apparently laundry day for those without machines at home).

Price is $5 and up for a wash (depending on size of load and cycle) and includes detergent. Drying is $1/5 minutes.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:06 pm

Programs: AOPA
Laundry Near Hilton?

I think the Hilton is on orchard road, any laundry place close by?

Last edited by teddy25; Jan 18, 2014 at 10:16 pm
Old Feb 19, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.6MM bis
Originally Posted by teddy25
I think the Hilton is on orchard road, any laundry place close by?
This info is probably too late for the poster, but here it is anyway.

Just found a place in Orchard Towers called Express Wash, unit 02-12. This is in the rear tower (Jason's Supermarket is on the first floor). Haven't tried it, can't say if it's any good. Just walked past and saw it (it's not Victoria Dry Clean which is a few units away and dry cleaning only). For the poster: it's across Orchard Road from the Hilton.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 9:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA GS
Also place at B1 in Far East Plaza next to elevator is fine if you can catch it open. I typically use the place at on b1 of Scott's square at 6 orchard road. YMMV.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by dsgtc0408
This info is probably too late for the poster, but here it is anyway.

Just found a place in Orchard Towers called Express Wash, unit 02-12. This is in the rear tower (Jason's Supermarket is on the first floor). Haven't tried it, can't say if it's any good. Just walked past and saw it (it's not Victoria Dry Clean which is a few units away and dry cleaning only). For the poster: it's across Orchard Road from the Hilton.
Can confirm this is still there, at the top of the staircase, slightly to the left on the 1st level.

Originally Posted by redrusty1
Also place at B1 in Far East Plaza next to elevator is fine if you can catch it open. I typically use the place at on b1 of Scott's square at 6 orchard road. YMMV.

Can also confirm all places above still there and operating.

There is also rosabelles , http://www.rosabelle.com.sg/
Basement, Far East Shopping Centre #B1-21 (Next to Hilton Hotel)

I was looking for a laundrette around the western side of Orchard Rd which offered a quick and fast service at a relatively good price.

It seems most outlets offer a 3-5 day turnaround, so either plan ahead or pay the 100% surcharge for overnight express service.

Be sure to drop off your washing in soon as they open, as the pick up service comes early to take it to the washing facility

Otherwise, if you want to do it yourself,try the laundrettes a bit further away of western orchard rd area. -

http://sqlaundromat.com.sg/
http://wonderwash.com.sg/
http://www.easywash.sg
http://www.laundrymart.com.sg
Old Apr 24, 2016, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Few weeks ago I used Aunty's Laundry, which is in the "International Building" next to the Thai Embassy on Orchid Road - right next to the Marriott and just over the road from the Hilton.

Can't knock the service - dropped my laundry in just after they opened at 10am, and it was ready at 3pm, with everything nicely folded up and sealed in plastic bags. They would also have dropped it off directly to the hotel for free.

Only catch is the price - S$50 per load (5kg).

If the alternative is hotel prices then I'd certainly recommend them (especially if an employer is paying!).
Old May 11, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Originally Posted by docbert
Few weeks ago I used Aunty's Laundry, which is in the "International Building" next to the Thai Embassy on Orchid Road - right next to the Marriott and just over the road from the Hilton.

Can't knock the service - dropped my laundry in just after they opened at 10am, and it was ready at 3pm, with everything nicely folded up and sealed in plastic bags. They would also have dropped it off directly to the hotel for free.

Only catch is the price - S$50 per load (5kg).

If the alternative is hotel prices then I'd certainly recommend them (especially if an employer is paying!).
Do they pick up at hotels?

Staying at the FS Singapore and was wondering if there was anything close by that did laundry by weight?
Old May 11, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by anaggie
Do they pick up at hotels?

Staying at the FS Singapore and was wondering if there was anything close by that did laundry by weight?
Find nearest HDB estate and they should have coin operated machines there.
Old May 14, 2016, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Yeah, it is harder to find a laundromat near the tourist areas. But if you're willing to ride the MRT, there's a branch of easywash immediately outside the Braddell MRT station. That means no trudging through half of Singapore with your laundry. Especially easy if you're staying at the Sheraton (Newton) or the Westin (Downtown). Come up the escalator, turn left into the parking lot and walk straight. Can't miss it. And best of all, on the other side of the road, there's a McD's with air con (because the laundromat doesn't have).

Last edited by abraxis; May 14, 2016 at 12:53 pm
Old Jun 11, 2016, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Update on Aunty's Laundry

Just used it during our 7 day stay in Singapore.

Dropped it off around noon, and the laundry was back in our room by 6pm same day. Neatly folded and packed in small plastic bags. And then all of those bags were packed in one bigger bag. This was my only minor issue -- too much plastic used.

It is approx a 5 min walk from the FS and very close to the Grand Hyatt, Hilton and Marriott. They will even pick it up if you want.

Considering we are a family of four, we had 7.75kgs of clothes and paid 100SGD. We would have paid 3 times that amount in the hotel for sure.

It would have been cheaper at a laundromat for sure, but we would have lost that day of sightseeing, so it depends on your priorities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.