Raffles Hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Raffles Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2010, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are all of the suites named after someone? Have there been recent renovations made to this property?
Old Jul 8, 2010, 2:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Are all of the suites named after someone? Have there been recent renovations made to this property?
Unless something happened during the last few months, no renovations since the hotel was closed for major work in about the early 1990s. The rooms are well maintained but have old TVs and old sofas and arm chairs. The bathrooms are dated, but in a somewhat classic/elegant way (reminiscent of the Waldorf Towers in NYC, but large bathrooms).

This is basically an all-suite property. (The possible exception would be a wing of executive rooms which I've never seen, but which seem to sometimes be available at a cheaper rate.) All are individually decorated but have the same furniture.

Most of their rooms are Courtyard Suites (base level). The Palm Court Suites are generally the same but in a different area of the hotel. The eight or so personality suites are scattered throughout the hotel and are like the regular suites, but have added knicknacks associated with the personality; to me, some look old and cluttered, but they could be fun for a unique hotel experience. So far, we have about a hundred suites which are essentially the same, although note that some properties might classify them as junior suites because the sitting areas are small (although they all have dining tables and chairs) and the large bedrooms are windowless.

Then there are about ten real one and two bedroom senior suites on the upper floors of the main building in the main building. These are considerably more expensive and could be classified as penthouse or presidential suites in other hotels. They probably cannot be booked on line.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

Most of their rooms are Courtyard Suites (base level). The Palm Court Suites are generally the same but in a different area of the hotel. ....
Be careful with the Palm Court Suites. When looking at the hotel from Beach Road there is large lawn to your right that is the Palm Court. I found the suites here to be peaceful, quiet, and relaxing. The way here from the main building is off the tourist path as it dead-ends at a hotel guest only-gate.

However, the hotel now also calls the rooms on the left side of the main building Palm Court Suites, even though they face a much smaller courtyard with a fountain and no grass. The buffet restaurant (I forgot its name) is on the other side of the courtyard, so there is much less of a sense of openness. These rooms are close to Bras Basah road, and traffic noise easily entered the room. The way here is along a busy tourist area of the hotel.

I was quite unhappy when I booked a Palm Court suite a year and a half ago and was placed in the 2nd room type, but I was moved without difficulty.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Raffles assistance?

I appreciate this is a very old thread but so is Raffles.

Intending to stay at refurbed Raffles Dec 3-6 - any clues as to how we might get some sort of trim from listed rates? TIA ^
Old Jul 26, 2019, 7:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
I appreciate this is a very old thread but so is Raffles.

Intending to stay at refurbed Raffles Dec 3-6 - any clues as to how we might get some sort of trim from listed rates? TIA ^
AFAIK Raffles is currently closed for renovations and expected to re-open at the end of 2019. IMO an early December booking is a risk. YMMV.
Cruiser Elite likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi.

there was a lot of noise in the hotel on friday as rennovations are still ongoing but the gift shop is open with nice root beer and some of the shops are open also. You could also have a look at some of the courtyards

regards

tbs
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:11 pm

AFAIK Raffles is currently closed for renovations and expected to re-open at the end of 2019. IMO an early December booking is a risk. YMMV.
Yes currently closed for total refurb but reopening in August.

They have ‘Opening Package’ but that promo finishes Oct 31.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
The hotel website is indicating re-opening on August 1 currently. I will be at Singapore on September, hoping re-opening hype has slow down by then that I will able to enjoy Singapore Sling at the Long Bar without a long waiting line.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 11:43 pm

Definitely re-opened - Raffles Singapore - so again I ask does anybody have any clues as to getting a rate trim post the re-opening promo period?
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
I looked for dates at during the last week in September and they had no rooms available

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.