Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel in Singapore - Please Help

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2005, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Ive stumbled upon a an excellent rate - The Regent Singapore for around S$160 a night in breakfast. How far of a walk is it from orchard road, and do they provide extra beds? 3 of us will be in a room

Many Thanks, I am extremely happy i found this website - its so helpful :-)
Old May 19, 2005, 11:49 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Just got back from Singapore and stayed at the revamped Oriental Singapore (one of the Mandarin Oriental properties)...

It was AMAZING! Stayed on the 21st floor (Club room level) and gave the Four Seasons and Ritz a run for the money.

In my opinion, the Oriental is "THE" only choice...

Blessings to all,

Patrick
Old May 20, 2005, 5:58 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Ive stumbled upon a an excellent rate - The Regent Singapore for around S$160 a night in breakfast. How far of a walk is it from orchard road, and do they provide extra beds? 3 of us will be in a room

Many Thanks, I am extremely happy i found this website - its so helpful :-)
Well the Regent is very close to Orchard Rd. Get out of the hotel and walk up the street and make a turn and there you are on Orchard Rd. However, this is not the central part of Orchard Rd. It is more at the end of it and probably 3-5 min to the Hilton and from there roughly another 5 min to the Orchard MRT stop on the corner of Orchard Rd/Scotts Rd. The hotel is quite nice and the rate sounds pretty good. Haven't stayed there myself and only been in the lobby, but some colleagues were quite happy with it.

I'm sure an extra bed can be arranged (depending on the room category/size) but it may incurr extra charges. If it is a small child then mybe it's for free. Check with the hotel prior to arrival.

Cheers ...
Old May 20, 2005, 10:07 am
Original Poster

The extra bed at the Regent is indeed free.

Thanks
Old May 27, 2005, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone know how far the intercontinental is from orchard road?

Thanks
Old May 29, 2005, 4:26 am
Suspended

Does anyone know how far the intercontinental is from orchard road?
No, its not within walking distance. Probably 5-10 mins by car/taxi under light/moderate traffic condition, while on the MRT (underground) its 5 stations away (change train at City Hall).
Old May 30, 2005, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by mario33
No, its not within walking distance. Probably 5-10 mins by car/taxi under light/moderate traffic condition, while on the MRT (underground) its 5 stations away (change train at City Hall).
But note that the Inter-Cont is in Bugis, a major shopping area in itself, so you may not need to go to Orchard Rd at all...
Old May 30, 2005, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks,

family friends who live in Singapore insist that i stay withing walking distance of orchard road, and now the regent in sold out arghhh

back to the drawing board **sigh**

thanks for all your help

sadiq
Old May 30, 2005, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Hey.

Ignore my last post.. I had submitted the wrong dates on their website However, the promotion is no longer on, and I will have to pay the regular $130 USD a night rate, still much less than the Shangri La ($175) and MO ($185), so Ive decided I will just stay there, people have even told me they are family friendly.

Does anyone know whether it would be better to get 2 regular rooms, or the 4 seasons suite (which will turn out to the same price)

The 4 seaons suite looks great, but there are 4 of us, only 3 beds (we will get one free) and 1 person will have to be on the couch
Although it does look really niceeeeee

Thanks
Old May 31, 2005, 7:37 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Hey.

Ignore my last post.. I had submitted the wrong dates on their website However, the promotion is no longer on, and I will have to pay the regular $130 USD a night rate, still much less than the Shangri La ($175) and MO ($185), so Ive decided I will just stay there, people have even told me they are family friendly.

Does anyone know whether it would be better to get 2 regular rooms, or the 4 seasons suite (which will turn out to the same price)

The 4 seaons suite looks great, but there are 4 of us, only 3 beds (we will get one free) and 1 person will have to be on the couch
Although it does look really niceeeeee

Thanks
And I thought you had locked in the S$160 rate - What happened? Anyway, now while the Regent is nice I wouldn't compare the experience to the FS. Of course two rooms will be more convenient and you could also get an isssue with free bkfst for 4 people with having booked only one room at the FS if that is included in the rate. You might want to check on that.

Suite at the FS is top though with four people (2 adults/ 2 kids?) it might be a stretch. Regent will be fine and with two rooms more convenient though the price would bug me a bit. Both properties are very close to each other so location won't make the difference.

Regarding staying within walking distance of Orchard Rd. This can mean anything between a 2min and a +20min walk depending on where you are coming from and where on Orchard you want to go to/meet. Taking the MRT from Bugis where the IC is located takes about 10min and you have at least two different choices for stops on Orchard Rd with Somerset and Orchard (Is Dhoby Ghaut still on Orchard? - I don't think so. Anyone?). Not so bad IMHO. Choice is yours though. Trains run about every 3min during most of the day and 7min in the late evening/night. And they ARE on time for what it's worth. 10 months of past project work in SIN and the MRT never failed me once. Switching trains in City Hall (next stop after Bugis) is a bit of a hassle but not really a problem once you figured it out.

Cheers ...
Old May 31, 2005, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Thanks very much for your response, I didnt lock in the rate because i wasnt 100% sure of my dates when I found it and the rate was nonrefundable. I think we will just stick with 2 rooms, the rate includes tax and breakfast so its not that bad.

Cheers
Old Jun 3, 2005, 11:13 am
Suspended

Ive stumbled upon a an excellent rate - The Regent Singapore for around S$160 a night in breakfast.
If you dont mind me asking, which website did you use to get this rate ?

I am thinking of taking a trip down south during one of the weekends.

Thanks.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

It was on www.asiarooms.com or www.asiatravel.com I dont remember which. The same rate is available on the regent website for SGD$180 ++ inc breakfast
Old Jun 22, 2005, 5:20 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
I opened a thread in the SQ forum with the same question.
As fare as I see no internet rate hits my DER-Tour rate which is
88 Euro PanPacific or 86 Euro Le Meridien all per/night/room incl. taxes/fees and ABF for 2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.