FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotel in Singapore - Please Help
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2005, 7:37 am
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sadiqhassan
Hey.

Ignore my last post.. I had submitted the wrong dates on their website However, the promotion is no longer on, and I will have to pay the regular $130 USD a night rate, still much less than the Shangri La ($175) and MO ($185), so Ive decided I will just stay there, people have even told me they are family friendly.

Does anyone know whether it would be better to get 2 regular rooms, or the 4 seasons suite (which will turn out to the same price)

The 4 seaons suite looks great, but there are 4 of us, only 3 beds (we will get one free) and 1 person will have to be on the couch
Although it does look really niceeeeee

Thanks
And I thought you had locked in the S$160 rate - What happened? Anyway, now while the Regent is nice I wouldn't compare the experience to the FS. Of course two rooms will be more convenient and you could also get an isssue with free bkfst for 4 people with having booked only one room at the FS if that is included in the rate. You might want to check on that.

Suite at the FS is top though with four people (2 adults/ 2 kids?) it might be a stretch. Regent will be fine and with two rooms more convenient though the price would bug me a bit. Both properties are very close to each other so location won't make the difference.

Regarding staying within walking distance of Orchard Rd. This can mean anything between a 2min and a +20min walk depending on where you are coming from and where on Orchard you want to go to/meet. Taking the MRT from Bugis where the IC is located takes about 10min and you have at least two different choices for stops on Orchard Rd with Somerset and Orchard (Is Dhoby Ghaut still on Orchard? - I don't think so. Anyone?). Not so bad IMHO. Choice is yours though. Trains run about every 3min during most of the day and 7min in the late evening/night. And they ARE on time for what it's worth. 10 months of past project work in SIN and the MRT never failed me once. Switching trains in City Hall (next stop after Bugis) is a bit of a hassle but not really a problem once you figured it out.

Cheers ...