Wiki Posts
Search

hotel suggestions, Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2003, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
hotel suggestions, Singapore

I am taking advantage of the great fares to SIN in mid-July and thinking about hotels. I'm not a real fan of big places, though I see that folks are getting the Concorde through Priceline for mid $30s a night.
I've found the Inn at Temple St. in Chinatown on several hotel broker sites. Any thoughts? From the www site, it looks quite nice.
Thanks.
tom
Old Jun 15, 2003, 9:19 am
In Memoriam

Have recently returned from S'pore and I stayed @ the Concorde. I have stayed @ both properties a number of times. I would recommend Concorde over the Inn @ a USD30 rate. Normally Concorde goes for 60 and the Inn for 30. Some prices for both properties will include breakfast. The rooms @ the Inn much smaller and the walls are paper thin, no elevators @ the Inn, small bar and eating area, PC can be rented and it is located in middle of chinatown. Concorde larger and in an open area close to the River and they run a nice Happy Hour @ the lobby bar. You might want to check out www.asiatravel.com for further info on these and other properties.

------------------
UNITED WILL STAND
Old Jun 15, 2003, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Thanks for the suggestion. Its just that I so dislike big hotels. I'll check them both out.
tom
Old Jun 17, 2003, 5:02 am

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold
If you're looking for a more intimate place I can recommend the Berjaya Duxton - there's a decent rate at http://www.asiatravel.com/singapore/...ton/index.html though I'm sure there's better ones out there. Rooms are a touch small, but nicely appointed and the staff are friendly. Also in my experience they have by far the best pastries at breakfast that I've had in any hotel in Singapore so far (and been to 12 different ones that I can recall). It's a bit out of the way, but only two blocks to the MRT, and it's close to Eat Street in Chinatown for a more authentic eating experience than the likes of Boat Quay or Clarke Quay.
Old Jun 17, 2003, 11:06 am
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
For completeness I'll mention the YMCA Orchard, quite well located and inexpensive You don't go for the pastries at breakfast, though. http://www.asiatravel.com/singapore/ymca/index.html

The area around the Duxton is a bit Wild West at night for some tastes, though the hotel has a lot of atmosphere.
Rich

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.