Search

S'pore 01 Jun-Let's Go Racing

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2007, 9:34 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

S'pore 01 Jun-Let's Go Racing

http://www.viator.com/tours/Singapor...d18-3695RACING

I will arr SIN early am 28May through afternoon 02Jun. Staying at www.1bnbsingapore.com This trip and the one I have planned for Sep to Kyoto will be my last two longhauls as I have just about exhausted my supply of M+ miles.

I will be at my leisure during my stay, so, if anyone cares to join me you are very welcomed. Having been to SIN over the years a number of times I am going to revisit some of the places that I have fond memories of. I have not set my schedule as yet, a few places I will visit, brewerkz, cafe Iguana, Golden Village(gold class) World City, Goodwood Park hotel for afternoon Tea, lobby lounge at Holiday Inn Atrium(reasonable happy hour and live house band) and top it all off Fri night at the races.

Should any of you who reside there or are visiting there care to get together let me know.

headinclouds points out by using MRT to races instead of by tour about USD20 can be saved for betting!

Last edited by 1000k00; May 4, 2007 at 6:39 am Reason: to add last paragraph
Old Apr 26, 2007, 1:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Thanks for the invite, 1000k00. It sure would be delightful to see you, but, sadly, we are Seattle bound that weekend.

Let us know if you are ever in the Emerald City. We would love to hook up for a drink or dinner.

Best regards, Punki
Old Apr 26, 2007, 5:06 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Punki
Thanks for the invite, 1000k00. It sure would be delightful to see you, but, sadly, we are Seattle bound that weekend.

Let us know if you are ever in the Emerald City. We would love to hook up for a drink or dinner.

Best regards, Punki
Punki, would have been delightful to see you and Hunki in S'pore again!
If I ever get to SEA it would be my honor and pleasure to hook up with y'all!

John
Old Apr 26, 2007, 8:51 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
I might be able to join you for a drink or so after work! We see how it goes on when the dates comes closer ya?
Cheers,
f4fJ
Old Apr 26, 2007, 8:53 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
I might be able to join you for a drink or so after work! We see how it goes on when the dates comes closer ya?
Cheers,
f4fJ
Ya
Old May 1, 2007, 7:35 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

bumping more for more replies!!
Old May 3, 2007, 2:00 pm

I am scheduled to be in SIN 31-May to 4-June. I may be interested in going, but the tour does seem a bit pricey. Round trip on the MRT between City Hall and Kranji station, which is across the street from the race track is $4. The entrance fee to the club level is $20. And that is SGD or about $16 US.
Old May 4, 2007, 6:24 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by headinclouds
I am scheduled to be in SIN 31-May to 4-June. I may be interested in going, but the tour does seem a bit pricey. Round trip on the MRT between City Hall and Kranji station, which is across the street from the race track is $4. The entrance fee to the club level is $20. And that is SGD or about $16 US.
I am not adverse to saving a few $, it is that I do not walk as fast as I once did.
I make the train ride at about :41 EW13 to NS7 plus transfer time at EW24. It seems we would have to do the outbound during rush hour. A 6pm depart seems to be sufficient.

If I might suggest an afternoon High Tea at Goodwood Park Hotel on the 1st(2:30-5pm) or Raffles.

John
Old May 4, 2007, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by 1000k00
I am not adverse to saving a few $, it is that I do not walk as fast as I once did.
I make the train ride at about :41 EW13 to NS7 plus transfer time at EW24. It seems we would have to do the outbound during rush hour. A 6pm depart seems to be sufficient.

If I might suggest an afternoon High Tea at Goodwood Park Hotel on the 1st(2:30-5pm) or Raffles.

John
If i remember correctly from when I went to the races in SIN it's not a very far walk from the MTR station to the track. It's a fun time at the races there. Just remember place plays out for 2nd and 3rd unlike here in the us and the "dividends" are based on a SG$5 bet.
cheers
howie
Old May 11, 2007, 1:15 pm

Looks like I'll be postponing my June trip to SIN to later in the year.
Old May 14, 2007, 6:15 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by headinclouds
Looks like I'll be postponing my June trip to SIN to later in the year.
Sorry we will not meet.
Old May 15, 2007, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
hey John, I can highly recommend 1BnB - stayed in 2 rooms with the wife and 2 teen lads 28-31 Dec last year. Great value, and great staff too.

I'm sure they'll remember the Kiwi guy with the Thai wife that stayed then !

I'm thinking about trying to do teh SIN do on 29 Jul - might try a Tiger cheapie ...

Cheers, TK
Old May 16, 2007, 10:45 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
hey John, I can highly recommend 1BnB - stayed in 2 rooms with the wife and 2 teen lads 28-31 Dec last year. Great value, and great staff too.

I'm sure they'll remember the Kiwi guy with the Thai wife that stayed then !

I'm thinking about trying to do teh SIN do on 29 Jul - might try a Tiger cheapie ...

Cheers, TK
Hey Rod, thanks for the heads up on 1bnb. You are seond FT'er I know that has stayed there and enjoyed it! I am looking forward hungrily to the cooked breakfast. My SQ flt arrives fron NRT about 0120 on 28th, I arranged to have them pick me up as I figured Taxi might have a little trouble pinpointing it exactly. The S$'s I am saving here will easily cover my local transport!

Have you eaten at the Iguana Cafe before? If not you will enjoy the tucker and libations!
John
Old May 22, 2007, 7:28 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Last bump

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.