Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blacklane in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 1:00 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uk1
I know it's tempting fate .... but used them yesterday for the S class .... and it's a great service. I've booked my next transfer and plan to use them when I can.
Thanks for reporting. Was the driver waiting at arrivals for you with a name card? I've got a roundtrip S Class booking as well, but a bit concerned about the arrival as I won't have phone nor email access until I can get a SIM card upon landing, so won't really have a way to get in touch with the driver (though I assume Changi has WiFi I could connect to?).
Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:25 pm
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by LM225
Thanks for reporting. Was the driver waiting at arrivals for you with a name card? I've got a roundtrip S Class booking as well, but a bit concerned about the arrival as I won't have phone nor email access until I can get a SIM card upon landing, so won't really have a way to get in touch with the driver (though I assume Changi has WiFi I could connect to?).
Yes, exactly as you leave. You're walked a few yeards and you wait 5 minutes whilst he fetches the car. We evidently have the same driver going back so this guy might be yours as well ........ his name is Vincent!

If so ... say I recommended them! It is good they understand the power of the interweb
Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:51 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by uk1
Yes, exactly as you leave. You're walked a few yeards and you wait 5 minutes whilst he fetches the car. We evidently have the same driver going back so this guy might be yours as well ........ his name is Vincent!

If so ... say I recommended them! It is good they understand the power of the interweb
Perfect, thanks! I won't be there until April, but if we get Vincent, I'll be sure to pass along your best
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold
I'll be arriving there on February 5, and plan on trying the Blacklane service. I'll post here on how it goes.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:32 am
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

thanks for all the great reports! Looks like I'll schedule this for my parents trip in February. Wonder how it'll work for a train arrival....

FDW
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:34 pm

I booked my Blacklane pickup from Changi to ParkRoyal, and I received the confirmation email a little while later. flight is in a few days. will report back on how it went.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LM225
At SIN, there are free computers with internet access at different spots airside in the terminals. In T3, there are a bunch of these near the escalators that take arriving passengers down to immigration. There's an information desk there too. [They're almost on top of the growing wall with plants if you know what I mean.]

SIN will also give you a passcode for some amount of free internet access on your own computer or other device, but you must ask for this at an information desk. IIRC there's one in T2 after baggage claim and on that level, land side. The password is long and annoying to type, so it's not at all a painless way to get internet, especially compared to some airports that just let anyone have unlimited use (like the systems in some hotels that give free internet for all and make it quick and easy to get onto the system).
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
SIN Changi free internet update

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
At SIN, there are free computers with internet access at different spots airside in the terminals. In T3, there are a bunch of these near the escalators that take arriving passengers down to immigration. There's an information desk there too. [They're almost on top of the growing wall with plants if you know what I mean.]

SIN will also give you a passcode for some amount of free internet access on your own computer or other device, but you must ask for this at an information desk. IIRC there's one in T2 after baggage claim and on that level, land side. The password is long and annoying to type, so it's not at all a painless way to get internet, especially compared to some airports that just let anyone have unlimited use (like the systems in some hotels that give free internet for all and make it quick and easy to get onto the system).
There is no longer a need to get a code off a live person.

At the free internet terminals, there are some that has a station with a passport scanner. you scan you passport and it gives you a 5 digit code good within the next eight hours.

Getting a code from a live staff person is also 5 digits now.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:38 am
Original Poster
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Just to offer some more feedback. My parents arrived by train at the Woodlands Checkpoint and were met promptly by a driver in a S-Class. I had made the arrangements so I recieved a text about the driver name and that they were arriving...

FDW
Old Feb 3, 2015, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

This is VERY, VERY outdated information MSPeconomist. Since about 2 years ago, the system has changed. You simply connect to the Changi Wifi, open your browser, enter your phone number (no problems using any kind of foreign number), get a text message with a 5-digit code, enter it in the browser, and you're connected. No time limit (at least nothing like 30, 60min etc.) - and fairly fast.

edit: I just see that someone else already corrected it. Just gave another (for me, even easier) way how to obtain the code above.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:56 am

I landed at 1am this morning, when I exited the door thru customs, the driver was there holding a sign up with my name on it. Also, when I powered up my phone when the plane landed, I received a text with the driver's name and mobile #. Nice Mercedes E class car, everything worked out great.

I just booked the return ride with Blacklane for my 5am pickup for next week back to Changi airport.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 2:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
This is VERY, VERY outdated information MSPeconomist. Since about 2 years ago, the system has changed. You simply connect to the Changi Wifi, open your browser, enter your phone number (no problems using any kind of foreign number), get a text message with a 5-digit code, enter it in the browser, and you're connected. No time limit (at least nothing like 30, 60min etc.) - and fairly fast.

edit: I just see that someone else already corrected it. Just gave another (for me, even easier) way how to obtain the code above.
I had to get the long code from a person in Janaury 2014, just slightly more than a year ago.

Sorry. I'm glad that the system has changed.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, Skywards Silver
Bad Blacklane experience

I booked a Blacklane for 2pm and the car arrived at 6am! Then Blacklane still charged me for the screwed up booking.
Messages to them about this screw-up went unanswered and unresolved.
Not impressed and wouldn't use them again.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 11:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by pollycat
I booked a Blacklane for 2pm and the car arrived at 6am! Then Blacklane still charged me for the screwed up booking.
You posted the same comment in the Europe forum about Zurich!
Where did you book the service - Singapore or Zurich? If the latter, why are you posting here? If the former, why did you cross-post about Zurich?
Old Jan 19, 2016, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by pollycat
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
You posted the same comment in the Europe forum about Zurich!
Where did you book the service - Singapore or Zurich? If the latter, why are you posting here? If the former, why did you cross-post about Zurich?
@:-) Isn't Singapore and Zurich 8 hours apart?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.