FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-510/)
-   -   Blacklane in Singapore (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore/1638380-blacklane-singapore.html)

FlyingDoctorwu Dec 18, 2014 12:07 pm

Blacklane in Singapore

My parents will be arriving on the Eastern and Oriental and then departing out of SIN. The hotel has quoted a transfer charge of 300 SGD for both transfers. I've seen blacklane at a fraction of the cost (total of $80 usd). I know blacklane uses local transfer companies; does anyone have any experience with Blacklane in singapore or recommendations for car service. Prefer something arranged versus a taxi.

thanks
FDW

jpatokal Dec 18, 2014 7:21 pm

S$300!? That's absolutely ridiculous. You can get a perfectly reliable prebooked Mercedes transfer for S$50 from Comfort/CityCab: https://www.cdgtaxi.com.sg/commuters...vn?cid=1810016

glennaa11 Dec 18, 2014 10:26 pm

I've used these guys a couple of times for airport transfers

http://www.limoservice.sg/

reliable service

lcpteck Dec 18, 2014 10:50 pm

Why not just grab a cab? Or even a Mercedes or Chrysler cab if you want it to be classy.

If more space is needed, try the MaxiCab 7-seater for S$60.

gailwynand Dec 19, 2014 12:03 am

There's also Uber. Probably the best option in this case if you insist on not taking a regular taxi which is a perfectly acceptable option in Singapore even for novice travelers.

I take it pickup is from Woodlands Checkpoint?

FlyingDoctorwu Dec 19, 2014 4:13 am

Blacklane in Singapore

My goal is to have the transfer arranged and paid for. So a cab is out. I need for all the parent to be already arranged. My parents are very seasoned travelers but I am planning and treating them to this trip. Thanks for the info and I'll check out the suggestions.

Fdw

uk1 Dec 19, 2014 4:57 am

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu (Post 24022453)
My goal is to have the transfer arranged and paid for. So a cab is out. I need for all the parent to be already arranged. My parents are very seasoned travelers but I am planning and treating them to this trip. Thanks for the info and I'll check out the suggestions.

Fdw

If it is an extra special trip - ie a "trip of a lifetime" - worthy of a luxury level splurge splurge then you might want to consider JetQuay's Quayside service.

You are met by the plane door with a name card held by a buggy driver. They take your luggage tag and a colleague goes and gets your luggage whilst you are whisked off to the CIP terminal where there's no immigration queues or anything. My cigars are always waved through ...... ;)

Your parents wait in a private terminal with some cold drinks. Your luggage is retrieved and placed into the rear of a limmo which then take your parents to their hotel. We've used it many times and it is expensive and completely unnecessary but a memorable way to travel. The driver keeps in touch with the hotel to make sure you are met properly. In our case we don't touch the luggage between LHR and the IC suite were we are checked in by a duty manager. Absolutely stress free ... :)

JetQuay and CIP Terminal

jpatokal Dec 19, 2014 4:59 am

Originally Posted by uk1 (Post 24022568)
If it is an extra special trip worthy of a splurge you might want toconsider JetQuay. You are met by the plane door...

OP's parents are flying out of Singapore, not in. Of course you can use JetQuay the other way as well, but it's even less useful when departing SIN.

uk1 Dec 19, 2014 5:04 am

Originally Posted by jpatokal (Post 24022573)
OP's parents are flying out of Singapore, not in. Of course you can use JetQuay the other way as well, but it's even less useful when departing SIN.

Sorry I should have read better.:(

To be honest I totally agree. The other way a complete waste of cash. I only ever did it the other way when it was comped by the hotel.

FlyingDoctorwu Dec 19, 2014 7:54 am

Originally Posted by glennaa11 (Post 24021683)
I've used these guys a couple of times for airport transfers

http://www.limoservice.sg/

reliable service

Thanks I've contacted them. I would like to work with a local provider to help coordinate pickup. It seems like the E and O can run late at time....

FDW

number_6 Jan 17, 2015 12:51 am

To answer the original question about Blacklane, they provide a fantastic service and use a local provider. Only their web site/servers are in Germany. The system is that you get SMS or email or both (your choice) about an hour prior which has your driver name and direct mobile number. Another SMS when driver arrives for pickup. Very efficient, at least when I used them in Singapore.

uk1 Jan 17, 2015 7:22 am

On the basis of this thread I decided to give Blacklane a go for our trip this week. The website is really easy .... you even word the sign they use at the arrival hall. I've booked them for both ways and if it is as good as they seem then it will be our regular way of choice. Bit more than taxis but to me seems great value. I like the idea of it being all-inclusive and not having to worry about cash or tips or anything. Their First Class option includes S Class Mercs.

If you search there's also 10% vouchers off the first booking.

number_6 Jan 20, 2015 8:00 pm

I booked E-class and Blacklane used S-class in one direction and E-class in the other at SIN. With the discount it was pretty close to the taxi price (no 50% premium for after midnight which made Blacklane almost the same as tax price, plus there are discount codes of various percentages readily available now).

kyee Jan 21, 2015 1:37 pm

Interesting. I think I'll give Blacklane a try for my SIN trip coming up in two weeks. Are there links anywhere for discount codes for the service?

uk1 Jan 22, 2015 3:05 am

I know it's tempting fate .... but used them yesterday for the S class .... and it's a great service. I've booked my next transfer and plan to use them when I can.