Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW Deals on SQ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2008, 9:42 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by SFO777
This fare is only valid x-US so your second RTW starting and ending in SIN would not qualify under that FEZSQ fare... not sure what the x-SIN fares are.
I looked up the fares with KVS and they have an Ex-SIN fare AEZSQ for USD8551. Not as good a deal as the FEZSQ Ex N America
Old Jul 21, 2008, 1:59 pm

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
On expertflyer, I found a FRW fare on SQ only ex-AUH with side trips to LGK and SYD (at extra costs). Can anyone with access to the rules can confirm the following routing with a final cost adjustment:

AUH-SIN-SYD-SIN-LGK-SIN-JFK-FRA

Thanks in advance !

Last edited by ngfan; Jul 21, 2008 at 2:20 pm
Old Jul 21, 2008, 5:08 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by ngfan
On expertflyer, I found a FRW fare on SQ only ex-AUH with side trips to LGK and SYD (at extra costs). Can anyone with access to the rules can confirm the following routing with a final cost adjustment:

AUH-SIN-SYD-SIN-LGK-SIN-JFK-FRA

Thanks in advance !
SQ does not operate First Class on the AUH-SIN sector. You should fly out of Dubai, where SQ have first class.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 3:06 am

If SQ has left some (obviously really old and not updated) RW fares and fare basis searchable are they nescessarily bookable. If they are bookable....will SQ honour them? Even if they involve travel on a third party airline that may no longer be an SQ partner?
Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Starwood,
4 things:

1. As mentioned, points accrue, but does Aeroplan boost Status Miles
for C and F in SQ?

2. Would this work? LAX-NRT-SIN-SYD-SIN-DXB-DME-IAH........

3. Does SQ have a mileage limit for RTW?

4. Is the SQ website price of $5299 and $6699 better than most for prices?
Old Jul 22, 2008, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by davethewave
4 things:

1. As mentioned, points accrue, but does Aeroplan boost Status Miles
for C and F in SQ?

2. Would this work? LAX-NRT-SIN-SYD-SIN-DXB-DME-IAH........

3. Does SQ have a mileage limit for RTW?

4. Is the SQ website price of $5299 and $6699 better than most for prices?
1. Yes, 25% bonus for J, 50% bonus for F. We earned 28,000 Aeroplan status pts for our 18,600 mile RTW.
2. No, the all-SQ metal RTW restricts you to one pass thru any city, even if you are just connecting... so once you arrive/depart SIN, you can't come back. If you cut out SYD, your itin should work.
3. I don't believe so, just more or less one continuous direction and only one time thru SIN.
4. There may be cheaper RTWs x-other countries, but for x-US/Canada, that's the best I found. Taxes and fuel surcharge will add close to $500 per ticket.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 9:38 pm

No mileage restriction or requirement, and no minimum number of stopovers.

But, when you go to compare the SQ fares to, say, *A or xONEx fares, keep in mind that you will need to buy tickets from YYZ to the west coast, and then back from JFK to YYZ. If you do those legs in paid First, it may add a couple of thousand dollars to the total (in the US, we can close the gap SFO or LAX-JFK for $700 on VX, or the gap to IAH for $650 on CO; but the last AC biz class ticket I bought SFO-YYZ was $2225 each way....).

Still: RTW in First for US$7700 to $7800 all in beats *A by almost $4000.....and you don't have to stay gone 10 days.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 12:58 pm

Travel from YYZ makes little economic sense. One ways from BUF or DTW to LAX and return from IAH are half the price...Frontier Airlines anyone?!

Called SQ as well. Agent said it would have to be used within 3 months of purchase, and strangely, said there was no mileage accrual since it was "such a special price."
Oh, no destination in Australia or NZ can be used for the SQ only pass.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 1:06 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt

Called SQ as well. Agent said it would have to be used within 3 months of purchase, and strangely, said there was no mileage accrual since it was "such a special price."
I just booked one last night. That SQ agent was definitely wrong. My agent asked me for my FF number for mileage accrual

Travel from YYZ makes little economic sense. One ways from BUF or DTW to LAX and return from IAH are half the price...Frontier Airlines anyone?!
Yes, AC wants >$800 for the Tango Plus fare to connect me from YYZ to SFO and IAH. That's a ripoff compared to the RTW ticket in F!!

Last edited by jarusoba; Jul 23, 2008 at 1:11 pm
Old Jul 23, 2008, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Called SQ as well. Agent said it would have to be used within 3 months of purchase, and strangely, said there was no mileage accrual since it was "such a special price." Oh, no destination in Australia or NZ can be used for the SQ only pass.
The mileage accrual part is flat out wrong. I had all 28,200 status miles posted to my aeroplan account within 24 hours of my return to SFO.

The 3 month restriction is from date of departure... you must complete the trip within 3 months. No restriction on advance purchase other than minimum 7 days.

You got the no OZ/NZ part correct, though.

For the correct info, don't call the 800#, try one of the US sales offices.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 1:13 pm

For the correct info, don't call the 800#, try one of the US sales offices.
Or the Vancouver sales office. They know about this fare very well too.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jarusoba
Or the Vancouver sales office. They know about this fare very well too.
Yes indeed, forgot the YVR office.
What routing and flights did you book?
Old Jul 23, 2008, 2:22 pm

Yes indeed, forgot the YVR office.
What routing and flights did you book?
I booked 4 RTW tickets for the 4 of us. So in some flights we'll be occupying almost half of the F cabin!!!

SFO-HKG-SIN-DEL DXB-DME-IAH

I haven't issued the tickets yet but hopefully will do so tomorrow.

Now I am hoping they will have the A380 running the SQ1 by June 2009 and they'll bump us up to Suite class!!
Old Jul 23, 2008, 4:11 pm

Excellent to hear, TYVM! This is the number I have for YVR: 604-689-1223......Where was the #800 yahoo I talked to???

Do you need to get a visa to land at DME, even if you keep going to IAH?

Last edited by davethewave; Jul 23, 2008 at 4:26 pm
Old Jul 23, 2008, 4:31 pm

Do you need to get a visa to land at DME, even if you keep going to IAH?
I don't know. I have never been to Moscow. So we plan to stay there for 2 days before heading back home. So we will need visas anyways. There was a thread on FT about visa in transit. I think you should have your boarding pass for IAH flight then you don't need a visa. But don't hold me to it. I am not sure.

Since there are only a few A class seats in each flight and there are 4 of us, I have to make the booking so far in advance to secure the flights. There was already a flight from DXB to DME that we initially wanted to book that didn't have enough seats for us and we had to adjust our plan a bit. I'm glad it's all sorted out now.

I'm probably going to book another one of these a month later! This time, I will route through JFK-FRA-IST-DXB-SIN-BKK-NRT-SFO. This is such a bargain considering the normal one-way F fare for any long segment would be more than the whole RTW fare.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.