Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RTW Deals on SQ

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2008, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL
There is a fare on Expertflyer from SIN, but I can not find one from HKG (only the normal Star Alliance fares).
Old Apr 27, 2008, 8:17 pm

Sq Rtw

North American telephone sales people -- who are outsourced to India -- generally do not know about or understand these SQ RTW fares. You may have to argue with them to get them to even find the fare, much less get the rules straight. Or, work it through an SQ office or PPS desk.

In First, it's FEZSQ. No mileage limits or requirements; no minimum stay requirement; no minimum stopover requirement. NO backtracking: you cannot go through SIN to DPS, then back through SIN to SFO, for example.

Booking class is A: no good in Suites on the A380....
Old Apr 28, 2008, 1:01 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Ya, the 1 time through SIN makes an all SQ RTW pretty tough.

I'm doing (double dashes are not SQ, my own arrangements):

YVR--LAX-TPE-SIN-ZRH--FRA-JFK--YYZ--YVR
Old Apr 28, 2008, 9:43 am

I do exactly what you do, Dorian: just buy separate tickets or take the train in Europe to close gaps, get to/from Indonesia or Malaysia, etc. Still lots cheaper than *A RTW in First.

The prohibition on A class in suites may turn out to be a pain if A-380s take over more 744 routes. On the other hand, the suites fly empty most of the time on some routes (SYD - SIN) so mebbe they'll relent.

Finally, perhaps Guy Betsy could show us the rules for the FEZSQ fare (hint, hint)? here's why I ask: CEZSQ isn't valid on 21/22 and 37/38. But if there's no such restriction in the rule for the FEZSQ fare, you could buy that, accept the voluntary downgrade, use the non-stops, and it's still cheaper than buying back-to-back regular C or J tickets from EWR to SIN, and again from SIN to LAX.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 10:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan Former E
Originally Posted by Bitterroot
In First, it's FEZSQ. No mileage limits or requirements; no minimum stay requirement; no minimum stopover requirement. NO backtracking: you cannot go through SIN to DPS, then back through SIN to SFO, for example.
By backtracking, does this include transits through SIN as well? IE: YVR-CPT via SIN, and then CPT-FRA (again via SIN)? If so, it makes SQ RTW difficult to use since so many of their flights use SIN as the hub.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 11:12 am

Backtracking

Yup -- that's exactly what the restriction means: you cannot transit SIN twice on the same itinerary, even if you're just connecting.

I have been through that discussion with managers at SQ several times, and the application of the no-backtracking provision is applied very consistently, so it's not a 'fone-sales person's mis-interpretation of policy.

That's certainly one reason the basic fare is low. It may also be a reason so few SQ telephone sales reps know about the fares: they may not get that many inquiries. Even the senior ticket agent at the San Francisco ticket office had to look it up -- I told her where to find it -- last time I was in the office.

If it's a North American ticket, the only thing you can do at SIN is acquire another RT ticket from SIN to XXX and back -- either by buying it separately, or by redeeming KrisFlyer miles.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 7:19 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Gold, American Airlines Advantage Gold
Originally Posted by Jalinth
By backtracking, does this include transits through SIN as well? IE: YVR-CPT via SIN, and then CPT-FRA (again via SIN)? If so, it makes SQ RTW difficult to use since so many of their flights use SIN as the hub.
If you are trying to get to CPT, the SQ/VS RTW ticket works very well though it is more expensive.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 4:03 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by Bitterroot
I do exactly what you do, Dorian: just buy separate tickets or take the train in Europe to close gaps, get to/from Indonesia or Malaysia, etc. Still lots cheaper than *A RTW in First.

The prohibition on A class in suites may turn out to be a pain if A-380s take over more 744 routes. On the other hand, the suites fly empty most of the time on some routes (SYD - SIN) so mebbe they'll relent.

Finally, perhaps Guy Betsy could show us the rules for the FEZSQ fare (hint, hint)? here's why I ask: CEZSQ isn't valid on 21/22 and 37/38. But if there's no such restriction in the rule for the FEZSQ fare, you could buy that, accept the voluntary downgrade, use the non-stops, and it's still cheaper than buying back-to-back regular C or J tickets from EWR to SIN, and again from SIN to LAX.

I am flying SQ F RTW....but am not 21/22 nor 37/38.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 4:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Former E
Originally Posted by jbytheway
If you are trying to get to CPT, the SQ/VS RTW ticket works very well though it is more expensive.
I was planning more of a YVR-ICN-KUL-FRA-JFK routing and hoped I could "throw-in" at least one more stop. But the "single pass through SIN" is a problem even for KUL. I think that a policy of one stop (or stopover) and one transit through SIN would make this RTW much more workable.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 9:27 pm

I suggest using Jetstar for shorter trips from SIN to overcome the single SIN transit on SQ only RTW's.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 7:38 am

Is EWR-SIN considered via the Pacific or Atlantic for RTW purpose?
Old Apr 30, 2008, 9:33 am

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Has anyone tried issuing the ticket ex-IAH? My agent is telling me SQ doesn't allow ex-IAH only JFK going east bound. Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by bagold
Has anyone tried issuing the ticket ex-IAH? My agent is telling me SQ doesn't allow ex-IAH only JFK going east bound. Can anyone confirm that?

Thanks.
You have to create an itinerary first and get your agent to send to SQ for verification. As its on the 77W, chances are that it will cost more $.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 12:04 pm

Bagold:

It wouldn't cost more in First -- there's no surcharge on the SIN-SFO 77W in first, only in C and Y.

There's surely at least a US$600 surcharge in C -- if the fare's even valid from IAH.

If no one else finds out the story on IAH origins in the next day or so, I'll see if I can get a straight answer....
Old Apr 30, 2008, 1:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Is EWR-SIN considered via the Pacific or Atlantic for RTW purpose?
On the *A RTW, SIN-EWR vv is trans-pacific (rule 4E) along with YYZ-NRT/HKG/PEK/PVG/ICN, SIN-LAX/EWR, BKK-JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.