Wiki Posts
Search

Book the Cook 2005 - 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:04 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by kar don
We are staying at the Ritz carlton Bali, i redeemed one of my club level certificates and we are staying there 5 nights. Then off to bangkok for 5 nights and HK for 3 nights then back to phx!

Any recommendations?
I recommend staying at the Intercontinental in HKG for the best view of a man-made feature in the world!!!

And I recommend the Okura Prestige in BKK. Their pool is pretty rad!!

I am at the Intercontinental Bali currently.....probably not as nice as the Ritz.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by 355F1
I recommend staying at the Intercontinental in HKG for the best view of a man-made feature in the world!!!

And I recommend the Okura Prestige in BKK. Their pool is pretty rad!!

I am at the Intercontinental Bali currently.....probably not as nice as the Ritz.
Hey i saw you got the lobster on the SIN to DPS leg and said it was warm water lobster. I did notice that from LAX it specifically says BOSTON lobster (cold water?) where as from LAX it just says lobster. Big difference i think. Thoughts?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:51 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by kar don
Hey i saw you got the lobster on the SIN to DPS leg and said it was warm water lobster. I did notice that from LAX it specifically says BOSTON lobster (cold water?) where as from LAX it just says lobster. Big difference i think. Thoughts?
Wow...I have no idea.

But I do know that cold water lobster is better tasting.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 5:16 pm

Dont recommend the lobster thermidor at all.
Not sure why it is so highly thought of.

Maybe the FAs overcooked it but it was dry and not tasty at all.
The pairings with the rice and the veggies werent really a good fit too I feel.

Most recent trip had the soy chargrilled beef (?).
It was quite tasty but the FAs (in their rush) poured everything into a small dish and the presentation was just terrible.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:47 pm

I actually love the black cod!
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Ex-FRA in Suites

Deliciously Wholesome Farro and Avocado Salad with Red Lentil Soufflé in Red Capsicum, Lime and Jalapeno Dressing (available from 15 December 2016)
Lentils are protein dense and avocado offers healthy unsaturated fatty acids. A great dish for whole food lovers. Inspired by International Culinary Panel Chef Alfred Portale.

I thought this was DELICIOUS. I ordered it for breakfast. (It was one of only a few BTC options available for breakfast.) I would definitely order again.

Last edited by chrisny2; Apr 1, 2017 at 3:38 am Reason: (added the class of service)
Old Mar 31, 2017, 11:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Ex-FRA

Deliciously Wholesome Farro and Avocado Salad with Red Lentil Soufflé in Red Capsicum, Lime and Jalapeno Dressing (available from 15 December 2016)
Lentils are protein dense and avocado offers healthy unsaturated fatty acids. A great dish for whole food lovers. Inspired by International Culinary Panel Chef Alfred Portale.

I thought this was DELICIOUS. I ordered it for breakfast. (It was one of only a few BTC options available for breakfast.) I would definitely order again.
Wow, impressive. Only listed on the F menu though.

"Deliciously Wholesome Farro and Avocado Salad with Ballontine of Chicken in Red Capsicum, Lime and Jalapeno Dressing (available from 15 December 2016)

The cold salad is packed with the good unsaturated fats from avocado while farro's complex carbs break down slowly, keeping energy levels stable. The grain also has magnesium that relieves muscle cramps and tension making the journey more comfortable. This delicious meal is a powerhouse of valuable nutrients. Created by International Culinary Panel Chef Alfred Portale."
Old Apr 1, 2017, 12:49 am

First SQ suites experience (actually first non-economy SQ) coming up in 4 days. Didn't realize I could 'book the cook' until 2 days ago.

Researched this thread a bit and came up with the following. Would appreciate any feedback if one of these choices is not advised. Also what would standard meal encompass for breakfast? Thank you!

Me:
SIN TO FRA - supper : Wagyu sirloin
SIN TO FRA - breakfast : Warm waffle with strawberry coulis
FRA TO JFKBrunch : Boston lobster thermidor
FRA TO JFKLunch : Suckling pig with beer sauce

Husband:
SIN TO FRA - supper : Grilled chilean seabass
SIN TO FRA - breakfast: Warm waffle with strawberry coulis
FRA TO JFKBrunch : 7oz beef fillet with cafe de paris butter potato
FRA TO JFKLunch : Wholesome ballontine of chicken with farro salad
Old Apr 1, 2017, 3:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Ex-FRA in Suites

Suckling pig with dark beer sauce, savoy cabbage and potato wedges

I really liked this dish. The flight attendant noted that she finds the pork dishes from Frankfurt to be the best. She also recommended eating it with the provided hot mustard, which was quite good.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:49 pm

Kyo Kaiseki

Hello there,

I'm flying in F from LAX to NRT next week. I'm also waitlisted for the day before so I'm unable to select my book the cook meals online. I had to call SQ to give them my BTC selections. I was under the impression that I could select Kyo Kaiseki as one not the BTC options for LAX-NRT but I was told that it wasn't one of the options.

Is the Kyo Kaiseki available onboard for F passengers? I decided to only order one meal (apparently I get one bunch and one lunch selection) in the hopes of getting the Kyo Kaiseki.

Thanks a lot in advanced. It's going to be my first F flight with SQ and I'm really looking forward to it.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:37 pm

I can't decide between Kyo-Kaiseki or Boston Lobster for an ex-SIN flight.

Oh one hand some people said that the Kaiseki is bland but on the other hand you can get lobster anywhere.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by supercake

Oh one hand some people said that the Kaiseki is bland but on the other hand you can get lobster anywhere.
Kyo-Kaiseki anytime! It's elaborate, it's not easy to find (and expensive) on ground.

Boston Lobster is everywhere.. I'm in fact heading to a lobster buffet this evening lol!
Old Apr 8, 2017, 4:52 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by raik783
Hello there,

I'm flying in F from LAX to NRT next week. I'm also waitlisted for the day before so I'm unable to select my book the cook meals online. I had to call SQ to give them my BTC selections. I was under the impression that I could select Kyo Kaiseki as one not the BTC options for LAX-NRT but I was told that it wasn't one of the options.

Is the Kyo Kaiseki available onboard for F passengers? I decided to only order one meal (apparently I get one bunch and one lunch selection) in the hopes of getting the Kyo Kaiseki.

Thanks a lot in advanced. It's going to be my first F flight with SQ and I'm really looking forward to it.

kyo kaiseki is included on the menu in F for LAX-NRT
Old Apr 8, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by supercake

I had Kyo Kaiseki on SIN-MEL on for lunch Wednesday and it was amazing. It was well presented with great flavours. If you are in the mood for a reasonably light Japanese meal this is a fine choice. Worth noting that I was not offered satay or caviar with it.

Photos attached
Attached Images     
Old Apr 8, 2017, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by w4rd
I had Kyo Kaiseki on SIN-MEL on for lunch Wednesday and it was amazing. It was well presented with great flavours. If you are in the mood for a reasonably light Japanese meal this is a fine choice. Worth noting that I was not offered satay or caviar with it.

Photos attached
I had Kyo Kaiseki in September 2016, and I remember there was uni (sea urchin) on the 1st course, and the 3rd course looks different..

Does SQ implement minor changes to it periodically?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.