Search

Advice on SKL Lounge Visit/Timing in SIN

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2024, 12:45 pm
pH
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Advice on SKL Lounge Visit/Timing in SIN

Hello all, I am a first time SQ flyer with a connection at SIN. Will be arriving into T2, departing T3 in J with a 2hr 40m connection.

My plan is to visit the T3 SKL, but my onward flight (to Australia) normally departs from the shared security gates (A1-A8 or B1-B4.)

Would certainly appreciate advice on two points:
1. With this itinerary (2h 40m connection) how long should I expect to spend in the lounge assuming all is on schedule?
2. How long before departure of the Australia flight should I arrive at the shared security checkpoint?
I understand the queue/line can be enormous with multiple flights departing and there is no fast track for J/F. I certainly do not want to miss the flight!

Thank you so much for helping an SQ novice!
Old Mar 1, 2024, 2:42 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
you should have 90min to spend in lounge. T2 and T3 are effectively 1 big terminal with easy transfer

shared gates or not (thr A1-A8 area) line up is never "massive" i would say if you arrive at gate 40min before the departure time you are just fine.
pH likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 5:30 pm

I hate Changi's security-at-gate setup. Many of the times it's a zoo. Zero dedicated line for premium cabin or status or "TSA-Pre"-like. Everybody go into one line, which spilled out into the main concourse. No sign whatsoever what to take out, what to leave inside. Body scan sometimes don't work, necessitates manual pat down for each person and add to the chaos.

For the OP, I would look up Changi map so you know where you're going. That'd help with timing.
Unimatrix One and pH like this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 11:54 pm
pH
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Thank you for the advice! I know many departure destinations tare grouped together (ie. Australia/US) at hubs.

My booking arrives from Japan so, at present, would come to T2, but the recent arrival gates have varied widely between E and F gates.

Based on the advice above, I am hoping to reach the T3 SKL lounge roughly 30 minutes after landing, have ~90 minutes to enjoy and then head to the departure T3 gate - reaching it about 40 minutes before departure.

My next question is what sort of crowd should I expect roughly 9-11am at the T3 SKL? I know there are banked departures/arrivals but am unsure about when the lounges are busiest.

Thank you again for the advice!
Old Mar 2, 2024, 12:11 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pH
My booking arrives from Japan so, at present, would come to T2, but the recent arrival gates have varied widely between E and F gates.
Note that if you are booked on SQ on your inbound flight, it can arrive at any terminal (other than T4).

As for the lounge, I think you'll miss the heaviest part of the morning bank. You'll be there for the tail end.
pH likes this.

Last edited by bpk6h; Mar 2, 2024 at 12:22 am
Old Mar 2, 2024, 2:03 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
I typically leave the lounge at 25-30 minutes before departure depending on distance to the gate.

If not going from a shared gate there is never a queue for security of any note after T-30. And if there is, they're all on your same flight. Also I don't understand the obsession with people wanting priority - you only really need priority to get into the holding pen earlier than everyone else.. Whether you're in a queue for 10 mins or stuck in the holding pen for 10 mins longer it makes no difference to me. Problem is also solved reaching gate after T-30 for individual gates anyway..

If going from a shared gate, not always the case that multiple flights will have big loads of passengers going through at the same time. However a few times I have encountered this. Sometimes at T-25 quite a long queue, however as multiple lanes open - usually make it through in 5 minutes. A couple of times at T-20 with long queue, just went to security and said I'm on the flight leaving in 20 mins and not the one leaving in an hour and 20 minutes, and they let me jump the queue.

I never stress about flying SQ out of Changi, it's all very chill. LCC's more likely to be stressful encounters with long queues when boarding has already started.
pH and Kacee like this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 7:35 am

I think the lounge will be busy, but you'll be able to find a seat in any of the sitting area whether quiet area or dining room..
pH likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 4:59 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by pH
My next question is what sort of crowd should I expect roughly 9-11am at the T3 SKL? I know there are banked departures/arrivals but am unsure about when the lounges are busiest.
Can't comment on the SKL, but I've taken the 10:55 to FRA and 11:00 to MEL multiple times over the last two years, and the FCL seems to be extremely quiet between 9 and 10:30.

If you look at 9-11am in the lounge (so covering departures from say 9:45-11:45), there are just , 6 SQ departures from T3 during that time.
pH and bpk6h like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 8:00 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by lokijuh
Can't comment on the SKL, but I've taken the 10:55 to FRA and 11:00 to MEL multiple times over the last two years, and the FCL seems to be extremely quiet between 9 and 10:30.

If you look at 9-11am in the lounge (so covering departures from say 9:45-11:45), there are just , 6 SQ departures from T3 during that time.
+1 in my view as well. SQ326 is my usual flight and since it moved to the 10:55am departure slot I have not had a crowded T3 SKL post 9am.
bpk6h and lokijuh like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 8:28 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Nothing better than the midday T3 ground experience ! I've been a usual on SQ878 and SQ318 over the years...bliss. The FCL can verge on being a ghost town middle of the day.

Last edited by bpk6h; Mar 6, 2024 at 10:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.