Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy/KrisFlyer partnership

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:18 am

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
Originally Posted by wkc
A new data point appeared on a Facebook group today: https://imgur.com/a/lKnAC4W

Looks like SQ and United Airlines are best friends here! 1 itinerary/trip/reservation = 1 flight
Originally Posted by wkc
In case you were wondering, the itinerary in question was:

HND>SIN
SIN>MLE
MLE>SIN
SIN>HND

booked on a single PNR
Is this a flight YOU took? Is the SA customer service text to you or some person on FB? Would be nice to have a link to the FB group.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:10 pm
wkc

Originally Posted by kalo93406
Is this a flight YOU took? Is the SA customer service text to you or some person on FB? Would be nice to have a link to the FB group.
I tend to refrain sharing FB links from private groups as not every FTer would want to jump through the hoops of applying for group access, but here you go: https://www.facebook.com/groups/marr...0314703978393/
kalo93406 likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by adl73x
Has this worked for anyone yet?
Not for me until now ...

I am Marriott Gold and was KF Blue, linked my accounts, received confirmation that I will be matched to KF Silver after taking 2 SQ flights, flew them, waited but nothing ...

Chatted with three different agents:
Agent 1: Match should happen within 48-72 hours after completing the flights - it did not
Agent 2: Match should happen within 7-10 business days after completing the flights - it did not
Agent 3: Had no clue what I was talking about

Sent a formal inquiry, after a few days received a response that my account was "under review" and they needed a passport copy to "normalise" it ?!? (sounded like google-translate-English to me but WTH ...) Sent the passport copy, another few days passed, received acknowledgement it was received, they were reviewing my request and I should be patient and understanding ...

I mean ... what kind of a shambles operation is this? If nothing happens, I will definitely address this back to Marriott, they should sort this mess out internally with SQ ...

In reality, has anyone confirmed a successful match / upgrade until now?
NoY and tropikey like this.

Last edited by MichaelA380; Jan 13, 2024 at 2:27 pm
Old Jan 13, 2024, 6:21 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by MichaelA380
Not for me until now ...

I am Marriott Gold and was KF Blue, linked my accounts, received confirmation that I will be matched to KF Silver after taking 2 SQ flights, flew them, waited but nothing ...

Chatted with three different agents:
Agent 1: Match should happen within 48-72 hours after completing the flights - it did not
Agent 2: Match should happen within 7-10 business days after completing the flights - it did not
Agent 3: Had no clue what I was talking about

Sent a formal inquiry, after a few days received a response that my account was "under review" and they needed a passport copy to "normalise" it ?!? (sounded like google-translate-English to me but WTH ...) Sent the passport copy, another few days passed, received acknowledgement it was received, they were reviewing my request and I should be patient and understanding ...

I mean ... what kind of a shambles operation is this? If nothing happens, I will definitely address this back to Marriott, they should sort this mess out internally with SQ ...

In reality, has anyone confirmed a successful match / upgrade until now?
Were your 2 flights on 2 PNRs or a single PNR?
Old Jan 13, 2024, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
Were your 2 flights on 2 PNRs or a single PNR?
Both were on the same itinerary
Old Jan 14, 2024, 2:16 am

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
I did another chat from Singapore Airlines website and got a second confirmation that four separate bookings are not needed. Hope someone gets Krisflyer Gold soon, one way or the other! Link to entire text of chat: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
NoY likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 8:30 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
Originally Posted by kalo93406
I did another chat from Singapore Airlines website and got a second confirmation that four separate bookings are not needed. Hope someone gets Krisflyer Gold soon, one way or the other! Link to entire text of chat: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
That's encouraging. Because the reality is if I did four full Y trips from where I live in the UK to family in Australia I'd make gold the regular way. 😑
kalo93406 and NoY like this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by MichaelA380
I mean ... what kind of a shambles operation is this?
Welcome to the world of SQ. Friendly and polite, but ineffective.
NoY and MichaelA380 like this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 7:00 pm

Milelion has reached out to SQ who confirmed it's 4 flights regardless of single PNR or not.
How to get KrisFlyer Elite Gold with just four flights - The MileLion

What is pending is the time lag between completing the flights and getting the status upgraded.
lokijuh, kalo93406, NoY and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 9:29 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by bent
Milelion has reached out to SQ who confirmed it's 4 flights regardless of single PNR or not.

What is pending is the time lag between completing the flights and getting the status upgraded.
This sounds very promising & thanks for highlighting Now, let's see when (if?) this actually happens
adl73x likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by bent

That's great news. I reached out to SQ Chat again yesterday as it's now been 18 days. They said there's a lot of activity because of this promotion and that my account would be reviewed. I take from this that they got the instant Silver match process working before launch but there is as yet no automatic process to confer Gold once the criteria are met,
Old Jan 15, 2024, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by ffgap
Welcome to the world of SQ. Friendly and polite, but ineffective.
Thank you for the heads-up, I am new to SQ, however I was already getting the feeling ...

That being said, to my surprise, my account was finally upgraded to Silver today in the morning, so it all worked fine at the end.
NoY, bent and adl73x like this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 4:07 am

Fantastic! So glad to see that work. Fingers crossed mine gets updated soon.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by AnttiV
Does anyone know for certain that SQ ticketed Scoot operated flights do not count towards the required flights? Would rather do CNX-SIN-PEN r/t than CNX-BKK/BKK-SIN-PEN.
Confirmed. Scoot flights do NOT count.

Last edited by adl73x; Jan 15, 2024 at 4:10 am Reason: Spelling error
Old Jan 16, 2024, 12:28 am

Woohooo!!! My Gold came through this morning!

So it does work, but I cannot confirm if the calls and chats I had with CS were necessary or if I really just needed to wait 19 days after qualifying flights credited.

For the data points, these were four SQ sectors on one PNR on SQ metal.

The flights you take are not counted toward requalification, but that's hardly surprising, so your requalification starts at zero which SQ backdated to December, so you may only get 11 full months of benefit.
kalo93406, NoY, bent and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.