Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

How can I add United MileagePlus number in Singapore flight bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How can I add United MileagePlus number in Singapore flight bookings

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2023, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PlatPro UA Gold HH Marriott
Angry How can I add United MileagePlus number in Singapore flight bookings

Since both Airlines are Star Alliance I figured this would be easy. I have looked to add my United MileagePlus number in the Booking on Singapore Airlines but United doesn't even show up in the list. I went to the Add Partner Programmes Link on Singapore Air web site and had the same issue. I know they do code share on some routes and they are both Star Alliance members. Does anyone else have this problem and have you found a solution to it. It would be a waste to not collect the United miles for some extensive travel on Singapore Air.. Thanks.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Mileage Plus does not show up? I have definitely added that before with no issues.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PlatPro UA Gold HH Marriott
No it does not show up, which is why I ask. I thought it use too
Old Aug 4, 2023, 7:19 pm

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
just checked one of my upcoming bookings, and you're right - there's no option for United Mileage Plus which is really weird. But to be honest, the website is a bit clunky, and making changes to the frequent flyer program you want associated with your booking doesn't always work properly.

Either call in, or just get it done at check in.
Rnak likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2023, 8:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yes, you can always just add at check-in.
Rnak likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 7:18 pm

it appears that UA and CA have been removed from the Singapore site, unsure why (they did put a message there to remind one to add at check-in counter if the partner program is not listed). So yea, you should do add it in at the counter.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 9:04 pm

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Also just noticed that they now require a one time pin to be sent to your email before you can add your FFP to your booking and yes both UA and AC are missing from the drop down menu.

Contact centre agents (at least the few I have spoken to) are now saying they are not allowed to touch anything relating to FFP changes and advised to have the number added at check in.

There must have been quite a lot of FFP theft.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Also just noticed that they now require a one time pin to be sent to your email before you can add your FFP to your booking and yes both UA and AC are missing from the drop down menu.

Contact centre agents (at least the few I have spoken to) are now saying they are not allowed to touch anything relating to FFP changes and advised to have the number added at check in.

i think the OTP has always been there...if u wanna add the FFP, esp for non KF members.
Yea, prob theft of FFP miles, esp those travel agent bookings - you know how travel agents have access to all PNR details. can be quite scary,
Old Aug 7, 2023, 9:39 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, UA 1K MM
If you are logged into the web site with your KrisFlyer account when making or editing bookings, the ability to switch mileage accrual to some of the other programs is restricted. This is part of a broader site-wide security mandate (which is why you see 2FA for some actions as well).

However, the change of accrual to MileagePlus (or any other eligible program) can be done at check-in with no issues.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Xiaotung

How interesting - this appears to coincide with my experience with Singapore Airlines on one of my l
flights that didn't credit and was fraudlently credited to a United MileagePlus account at check-in.

Who's responsible when miles are credited wrongly? Unable to claim missing miles!

The requirement for a OTP to make any changes has always been there AFAIK, but the removal of UA and AC is new.
​​​​​

Last edited by Yunnnn; Aug 9, 2023 at 4:56 am
Old Aug 10, 2023, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Yunnnn
How interesting - this appears to coincide with my experience with Singapore Airlines on one of my l
flights that didn't credit and was fraudlently credited to a United MileagePlus account at check-in.

Who's responsible when miles are credited wrongly? Unable to claim missing miles!

The requirement for a OTP to make any changes has always been there AFAIK, but the removal of UA and AC is new.
​​​​​
prob seen more cases of stolen miles to UA FFP. Always the danger when you book via travel agent! Where possible try to book direct with the airline.
Old Aug 10, 2023, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by bent
prob seen more cases of stolen miles to UA FFP. Always the danger when you book via travel agent! Where possible try to book direct with the airline.
I booked direct with the airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.