Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ Award Booking using Air Canada Aeroplan - Good Idea?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Award Booking using Air Canada Aeroplan - Good Idea?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2023, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by bent
not sure if what u saw on aeroplan was phantom avail though meaning u might face an error if u actually try to ticket.
I booked three of the four J seats shown on Aeroplan that weren't showing on SQ. This was the direct LAX-SIN flight.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 12:45 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
I booked three of the four J seats shown on Aeroplan that weren't showing on SQ. This was the direct LAX-SIN flight.
Maybe, Aeroplan does pay SQ a better price for the redemption tickets, than Krisflyer does ?
Old Apr 15, 2023, 1:33 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Cambo
Maybe, Aeroplan does pay SQ a better price for the redemption tickets, than Krisflyer does ?
Yes, something like this. At any rate, I'm fairly certain Aeroplan has an allocation of seats rather than a live link to SQ award inventory.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 10:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Cambo
AC and AS will both sometimes offer long-haul award seats that are only available as Advantage awards on KF.

The other advantage is you don't have to deal with KF for changes or cancels. AS is particularly easy, with no restrictive cancel policies.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 4:03 pm

any insight as to when SQ flights show up on Aeroplan? I see a Saver level flight, but it is not showing on Aeroplan. Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by traveler202
any insight as to when SQ flights show up on Aeroplan? I see a Saver level flight, but it is not showing on Aeroplan. Thanks.
I've seen it at 360 days before the flight I believe.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Jm0115
I've seen it at 360 days before the flight I believe.
Hm okay. Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus
Sorry, it is 355 days!
Old Aug 1, 2023, 4:26 pm

Sorry, it is 355 days!
Okay, thanks. So it is safe to assume that if Saver shows on SQ website, but not on Aeroplan that it's unavailable on Aeroplan and will not be?
Jm0115 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 10:20 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Okay, thanks. So it is safe to assume that if Saver shows on SQ website, but not on Aeroplan that it's unavailable on Aeroplan and will not be?
This website is useful to show when partner airlines release tickets for Aeroplan award bookings:
https://thecanadianjetsetter.com/aer...ing-dates.html

Your assumption is right 90% of the time. Some partners do release another batch of tickets closer to the day of the flight so you might get lucky (I am not sure if that is the case for SQ), but for booking purposes it's best to look for alternate dates if possible, or book with another airline.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 6:54 am
formerly rt23456p

Yes, SIN-DXB currently got 9 award space through AC in J for many dates in September.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 9:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
So it is safe to assume that if Saver shows on SQ website, but not on Aeroplan that it's unavailable on Aeroplan and will not be?
No, that is not an accurate assumption. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 5:49 am
formerly rt23456p

Yes, there are some tickets as well that are not available even for advantage with SQ KF, but are available with Aeroplan.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 8:44 am

Is it possible to get Singapore Airlines to hold the reservation while the points transfer?
I redeemed 4 award J in 2019. It is TPE-SIN-AKL. The system hold the awards for several days.
I also redeemed J in 2023, which is TPE-SIN. The system also hold the award as well.

PS. There are more than 100K miles in my accounts. The shortage is about 10%, I don't know did it matter or not.

FYR
Old Aug 29, 2023, 9:44 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by hardworking21
OP & folks on the thread - if any of you are SG based, go to the customer service centre in ION Orchard, as they can hold award tickets for you at the saver rate for one month; this has saved me a few times when I saw limited saver space and was waiting on a KF miles to transfer in.

Note that to then book the held ticket, you can either 1) do it online via the SQ website / in your account for free or 2) call customer service / return back to the ION Orchard centre to have them ticket it, for an extra $25 or $50 USD fee (exact amount I forget, would need to double check).
I thought if ION has put a redemption on hold, difficult to ticket on-line afterwards. Is that not the case?

In any case, i have found phone agents will hold award reservation for a week or two but then are happy to extend deadline closer to first deadline to ticket. I have got deadline extended upto 4 months out on the phone, but you need to get a good agent and have to talk to him/her nicely

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.