Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Why are all the Perth-Singapore flights at such terrible times?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why are all the Perth-Singapore flights at such terrible times?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2023, 10:06 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
At least none are as horrendous as the Scoot departure, which is 9 p.m. and arrives into Singapore at... 2:30 a.m.! Took it once, worked Pacific Time West Coast USA hours at Changi remotely, then boarded a 10 a.m. United flight home which was... horrendous.

Wouldn't have chosen that Scoot timing in my wildest dreams if my final destination was Singapore tho
Old Mar 22, 2023, 11:53 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
At least none are as horrendous as the Scoot departure, which is 9 p.m. and arrives into Singapore at... 2:30 a.m.! Took it once, worked Pacific Time West Coast USA hours at Changi remotely, then boarded a 10 a.m. United flight home which was... horrendous.

Wouldn't have chosen that Scoot timing in my wildest dreams if my final destination was Singapore tho
At the end of the day, Scoot is an LCC, so maximizing aircraft utilization is particularly important.

Btw, SQ11 (LAX-NRT-SIN) used to arrive around 3am or so back in the day, but it still performed rather well.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 6:47 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by 18wheeler_vanrekt
For Singapore resident passenger, taking a short break in Perth, the timing is probably not so bad. It allows a full day in Perth, and even a leisurely drive back from say Margaret River before flying home. If travelling HLO, and the flight was on time, landing at 2:30am I could easily be home by 3:15am. Still a good 4+ hrs sleeps + any winks on the plane before landing. Better than 100% overnight flight. Probably is a flight that is acceptable to Scoot's leisure demographic.

Last edited by lokijuh; Mar 23, 2023 at 6:55 am
Old Sep 19, 2023, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Well … all my griping and moaning notwithstanding, here I am at Perth Airport sitting in the SilverKris lounge waiting to board the red-eye SQ216, more for want of an alternative than out of choice, I hasten to add.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.