Wiki Posts
Search

Storage

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2022, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Storage

Hi all,

fairly new here, but a long time flyer. Wife & I have always flown China Airlines, we recently flew SA and honestly will not go back to CA. My question is our flight out of LAX has an 8hr transit layover in SINGAPORE and wife want to go into the new mall attached to airport (flights in March), we are in bus class, is there a way to store our carry ons in the Silver Kris lounge so they dont have to be dragged around?

Thanks in advance
Big
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:59 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
I don't think the lounge will do this. Just use the baggage store in the airport. https://www.changiairport.com/en/air...e-storage.html
Old Jun 24, 2022, 4:23 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by onlySIA
I don't think the lounge will do this. Just use the baggage store in the airport. https://www.changiairport.com/en/air...e-storage.html

No storage facilities in the lounge.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks much appreciated
Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:08 am

I was in the airport about 5 days ago. There is a storage option airside, but they don't take any luggage with electronics or a laptop in it (there are multiple signs marking the spot for luggage storage). But the same company has a luggage storage just after you clear immigration where you can leave your luggage with electronics.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:50 pm

Programs: LH HON; UA GS; AF Plat; AA PP
Originally Posted by abhic2007
I was in the airport about 5 days ago. There is a storage option airside, but they don't take any luggage with electronics or a laptop in it (there are multiple signs marking the spot for luggage storage). But the same company has a luggage storage just after you clear immigration where you can leave your luggage with electronics.
Do they scan the luggage? Wondering how they would know if there are actually electronics inside ...
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:03 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by burg_rtw
Do they scan the luggage? Wondering how they would know if there are actually electronics inside ...
I assume it's just for insurance reasons - don't want people claiming their laptop was stolen/damaged... but could also be safety paranoia about lithium batteries. Either way I don't think they scan, an X-ray machine would be very expensive.
burg_rtw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.