Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Prior thread running 2009-2021 can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1366831-general-sq-questions-2009-2021-a.html
Print Wikipost

General SQ Questions: 2022-

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2024, 9:12 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
New to SQ Krisflyer, did the Marriott Titanium> SQ *A Gold challenge.
I do have 175K AMEX points, and could transfer in.
What are the best uses of Krisflyer points? There must be some varying opinions!

I see that Singapore stopovers are allowed on one-way flights, that seems decent for me, a fan of SIN.
If there is already a thread about this, please lead me to it. A general google search did not give me much.
Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 7:50 pm

KrisFlyer Spontaneous Escapes

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/plan-travel/promotions/global/kf/kf-promo/kfescapes/

Great bang for the buck, but obviously it's spontaneous.

Popular routes are hard to book / need to literally book the moment the seats are becoming available some 300+ days in advance, especially for flights in First/Suites, but otherwise at least SQ doesn't do "fee scam" like M&M where you easily end up with 1000€ fees for a business class long haul redemption.. for a RT, it's often less than 100 SGD in fees when booking Business class redemptions.

Besides that, please keep in mind that, unlike other airlines, KFEG isn't anything to write home about. You only get access to the subpar Gold lounge in Changi, vs the SilverKris lounge for Business/PPS pax. PPS, and especially SPPS, are the status that really counts for SQ and that are usually getting pampered. KFEG isn't bad - but don't expect anything special.

And yes, as you noted, when you book XXX-SIN-YYY as a regular reward, you can do a 30 day stopover in Singapore, which basically means you can split your award in two.

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...Q_AwdChart.pdf

Example: A saver Business class award from Beijing (Zone 5) to Singapore (Zone 1) costs exactly as much (43k miles) as a flight from Beijing to Bali (Zone 2) with 30 days stopover in Singapore. Couple other "sweet spots" available. Please note not all Zones can be combined, but the award chart is easily readable.

You could then do your return from Bali to, say, the Maldives (Zone 6) for 43k - the same price as a direct flight from Singapore to Maldives. Again, 30 days stopover in Singapore. So you just got the Bali flight for free.

That basically means you're able to plan ahead (or eating the mileage ticket cancellation fees) so "keep on" with your redemptions, but then it's a great way to maximize your miles.
Old Apr 26, 2024, 7:23 am

No stopover for one way saver. Only for round trip saver or one way advantage award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.