Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Prior thread running 2009-2021 can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1366831-general-sq-questions-2009-2021-a.html
Print Wikipost

General SQ Questions: 2022-

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2024, 7:05 am

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
Originally Posted by SpeedAdvantage
Currently have a one way single ticket award using Krisflyer XXX-SIN-YYY all SQ-operated.
Plans do change and I now have to go to ZZZ instead the same day and planning to use Krisflyer miles again to book a separate SIN-ZZZ SQ-operated.
There's ample time to connect to this SIN-ZZZ flight once I land in SIN.

How stingy is SQ/Krisflyer since I'm planning to drop the SIN-YYY leg and instead board my new SIN-ZZZ flight?
These are all award flights. Would calling SQ to drop SIN-YYY once I land in SIN help my case here?

I could not cancel and book a stand alone XXX-SIN since there's no more award availability. Neither a XXX-SIN-ZZZ flight.
Forgot to provide an update here. Got lucky with an agent over the phone and canceled my SIN-YYY flight with no additional fee.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 7:17 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by SpeedAdvantage
Forgot to provide an update here. Got lucky with an agent over the phone and canceled my SIN-YYY flight with no additional fee.
Anything refunded with regards to miles or taxes?
Old Mar 31, 2024, 7:19 am

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Anything refunded with regards to miles or taxes?
No refunds provided. This is intra ASIA, though.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 7:21 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Is 107k points for a business class flight SFO- SIN the normal award rate? Do they get any cheaper?

Thanks
According to the redemption calculator 107K is the Saver rate. 128K would be the normal award rate for a one way.
returnoftheyeti likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 3:56 pm

Programs: *Gold
Originally Posted by unityofsaints
Does SIN-EWR / JFK count as a Pacific or an Atlantic crossing for the purposes of a RTW?
Attempted to answer my own question via the contact form, this is the answer I got:

Thank you for your query regarding our flights SQ21, 22, 23, and 24. For the purposes of round the world bookings, these flights can be considered either transpacific or transatlantic, depending on the time of year and the specific routing.

We appreciate your understanding that the classification of these flights may vary based on the routing and the season. We recommend checking the specific details of your booking or reaching out to our customer service for the most accurate information.

Hmm ok but can't the flight routing change with very little notice? Like if I book a RTW now with let's say a December SQ22 included, would the direction they're planning to go as of today necessarily be the one they end up using in 8 months' time? I'm more confused than I was before this answer.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 7:13 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by unityofsaints
if I book a RTW now with let's say a December SQ22 included, would the direction they're planning to go as of today necessarily be the one they end up using in 8 months' time? I'm more confused than I was before this answer.
If they let you book it and then adjust the route, I doubt they are going to cancel your ticket.
unityofsaints likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 9:49 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Able to book SIN layover on an award redemption?? I tried searching the forum for this question, but either my search key words aren't sufficient or the answer is buried in some thread..... I am trying to understand if you are able to book a day or two layover in SIN on an award tkt. My potential routing would be LHR-SIN-AKL. If this is allowed without booking the two segments as individual awards, how would I do this? My guess is book the award without a layover so that I get the "through flight" award cost, and then if award inventory is available for my targeted date to complete the second segment to call CS and request they modify my award booking to use the original LHR-SIN segment and alter the SIN-AKL segment to my target date (1 or 2 days later)??? Is this possible??
Old Apr 1, 2024, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by Brostman
Able to book SIN layover on an award redemption?? I tried searching the forum for this question, but either my search key words aren't sufficient or the answer is buried in some thread..... I am trying to understand if you are able to book a day or two layover in SIN on an award tkt. My potential routing would be LHR-SIN-AKL. If this is allowed without booking the two segments as individual awards, how would I do this? My guess is book the award without a layover so that I get the "through flight" award cost, and then if award inventory is available for my targeted date to complete the second segment to call CS and request they modify my award booking to use the original LHR-SIN segment and alter the SIN-AKL segment to my target date (1 or 2 days later)??? Is this possible??
You're looking for a stopover rather than layover. SQ allows a free stopover on one way award redemptions if redeeming at the Advantage level.

You would book LHR to AKL via SIN at Advantage level and if the booking window is far out enough, you should see the option to add a stopover. You would need SIN-AKL to be available at the Advantage level too for the desired SIN departure date
Old Apr 2, 2024, 8:18 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by AppleLemonLime
You're looking for a stopover rather than layover. SQ allows a free stopover on one way award redemptions if redeeming at the Advantage level.
You would book LHR to AKL via SIN at Advantage level and if the booking window is far out enough, you should see the option to add a stopover. You would need SIN-AKL to be available at the Advantage level too for the desired SIN departure date
Thank you for the info.... yes I did mean a stopover, was just a little bit loose with my terms..... but I do understand the terminology can make a big difference. Thanks again
Old Apr 4, 2024, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Brostman
Thank you for the info.... yes I did mean a stopover, was just a little bit loose with my terms..... but I do understand the terminology can make a big difference. Thanks again
use the website and you will see the option for stopover (if you choose advantage award or round trip saver award ).

it is not available in the app version
Old Apr 5, 2024, 6:15 pm

If I were to make a booking with awards to US and were to cancel it within 24hrs. How quickly do the miles get returned back to the account?
Old Apr 14, 2024, 1:37 pm

When does the fall/winter schedule gets release?
for dates after 26Oct2024

thanks
Old Apr 16, 2024, 7:06 am

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
I'm flying SQ Suites HEL-FRA-SIN 22 APR arriving 23 APR 1625, then Econ SIN-BKK 23 APR 1830. I'm TK Elite Plus (*G) and SQ KF Silver (going for Gold, using the Marriott Ambassador status match).

Will I be able to check luggage through all the way to BKK? Will I get a reasonable baggage allowance on the SIN-BKK leg (I do probably only have one checked bag at 23kg, but maybe closer to 30kg). Will I have lounge access/which lounge? I'm unclear which FF number I should use at check-in (I want to credit the segments to SQ since I'm transitioning to SQ and need 4 segments for KF Gold by 13 June). I'm slightly concerned about connection time between the two flights; the later option is TG 2050-2210 but I'd prefer to fly SQ for segment earning.

Thanks for any advice!
Old Apr 16, 2024, 8:39 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
I'm flying SQ Suites HEL-FRA-SIN 22 APR arriving 23 APR 1625, then Econ SIN-BKK 23 APR 1830. I'm TK Elite Plus (*G) and SQ KF Silver (going for Gold, using the Marriott Ambassador status match).

Will I be able to check luggage through all the way to BKK? Will I get a reasonable baggage allowance on the SIN-BKK leg (I do probably only have one checked bag at 23kg, but maybe closer to 30kg). Will I have lounge access/which lounge? I'm unclear which FF number I should use at check-in (I want to credit the segments to SQ since I'm transitioning to SQ and need 4 segments for KF Gold by 13 June). I'm slightly concerned about connection time between the two flights; the later option is TG 2050-2210 but I'd prefer to fly SQ for segment earning.
Since you're flying Suites, that determines everything else. Keep your SQ FF number on the booking. You will be able to access The Private Room on arrival, based on your incoming F flight. If it's on a single booking, your F baggage allowance will apply (50 kilos total weight, regardless of number of pieces). Star Gold will give you additional 20 kg on top of that. If it's on separate bookings, SQ economy will give you 30 kilos, if you flash your Star Gold card when checking in, it's gonna be another 20. You will be able to check the bags through anyway, and since you're flying F to SIN, nobody's probably going to be asking any questions about class on your onward flight.
rdlmitedu likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 11:23 am

Looking to fly SFO - SIN around Nov 27th, on an award ticket. I see Business is 107k, waitlisted, and I can get PE for 75k. Its a "Saver Award", changes are $25 each. I am thinking of booking now, and if a Business class ticket opens up, just changing my ticket. Are there any flaws in this strategy ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.