Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 15, 2022, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Prior thread running 2009-2021 can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1366831-general-sq-questions-2009-2021-a.html
Print Wikipost

General SQ Questions: 2022-

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by chacor
Does it make a difference if I don't? I only fly J (usually) on business with long-ish flights, i.e. my intra-Europe flights are normally in economy (my shorthaul LH was part of the CA itinerary). For leisure I'll mostly fly Y unless there's an awesome J fare.

To me it still feels like there's not many benefits to Silver to yell about, even travelling in Y, but that's why I'm asking for opinions
Sorry, i meant it in a way where if you're flying J anyway, then you're getting all the benefits of that tier regardless of alliance, so going out of your way for KF silver doesn't seem worth it especially since you don't really get anything useful out of it.

It also depends on what your status is with Skyteam or Oneworld (or how close you are to their tiers)
Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:16 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chacor
My question is this: Is it worth me going out of my way to get to KF Silver, knowing I'm unlikely to fly SQ itself?
No. Even if you *were* flying SQ itself, KF Silver gives you next to nothing.
chacor likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:19 am

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
Thanks! I'll not bother then and just continue using my KF as a *A accrual vehicle rather than chasing silver "status".
Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:41 am

it might be worth making a post here - Need advice on which *A FF scheme to join? - please post here
Old Mar 22, 2024, 6:53 am

Luggage Checked Through or Recheck?

We are traveling EWR-SIN-SYD on the same ticket. Will we need to retrieve our luggage in SIN and then recheck it, or will it check through to SYD? Also, what is your experience navigating EWR car return to Terminal B for a 9:35 a.m. departure? How much time should we allow to safely board? We are staying less than 5 miles away from the rental return. Thank you..
Old Mar 22, 2024, 8:29 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by BLAR
We are traveling EWR-SIN-SYD on the same ticket. Will we need to retrieve our luggage in SIN and then recheck it, or will it check through to SYD?
It should be checked through to SYD, unless you have booked a stopover (>24 hours) in SIN. But they will confirm your baggage details at checkin.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
I have a couple of questions:

1. I'm hoping to book an F award ticket for next winter in on A380-800, most likely from SIN to Australia or New Zealand. Any sense of how likely it is that the planes could be switched to the 777s between now and then?
2. I'm renewing my passport at the moment. Will I be required to provide my passport info at time of booking - and if so, is it possible to later change that info to the new passport?

Thanks for any help.
Originally Posted by flytalkflyer
#2 not a problem at all. For AKL they may switch out the A380. For SYD I think it's likely to stay for SQ231/SQ222 but obviously no one knows
Originally Posted by travellingmip
I'm sure the SIN-AKL a380 is seasonal and then its the a350.

I believe the last SIN-AKL is 30 Mar and the last AKL-SIN is 31 Mar. It may come back Oct or Nov as it has in other years.
Good to know. Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:36 am

If I fly C class on Singapore, is KrisFlyer Gold still worth it to go after? Or like all other FFP if you're already C flyer than it doesn't matter? (I was invited to challenge, 4 segments and I get KrisFlyer Gold)
Old Mar 24, 2024, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by ABC Traveler
If I fly C class on Singapore, is KrisFlyer Gold still worth it to go after? Or like all other FFP if you're already C flyer than it doesn't matter? (I was invited to challenge, 4 segments and I get KrisFlyer Gold)
If you fly a lot in C on SQ, you might want to qualify for PPS, but it's the same program anyway.

There are couple of outstations where KF Gold gets you better lounge access over flying in Business. Out of my head (and places SQ flies to: FRA, MUC, ZRH)

You'll get some milestone awards:

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...estonerewards/

And 25% tier bonus on actual miles flown.

If things go South, you might also be ahead of no-status C pax in regards to rebookings. This is true on all airlines (even outside of Star Alliance) and which I suggest even to rare flyers to enroll in a frequent flyer program. Even base status beats no status..

Quicker and more personalized answers on any inquiry (personal experience, no "hard facts")

Plus, why would you not want to collect (and eventually redeem) miles?

So yeah, if you're not going to use outstations that have better lounges and you're not interested in collecting and redeeming miles, KF Gold wouldn't get you direct benefits over just a C-class booking if everything goes smooth..

(I hope I made it clear enough that is absolutely makes sense to use KF Gold, even when in C..)
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:00 pm

Programs: *Gold
Does SIN-EWR / JFK count as a Pacific or an Atlantic crossing for the purposes of a RTW? There is an argument to be made for either as it's a polar route. There is a limitation in there that you can only cross the Pacific and Atlantic once each but I'd really like to combine SIN-JFK with a "true" Atlantic crossing so hoping it's counted as Pacific.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:36 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Posted in error!

Last edited by bpk6h; Mar 27, 2024 at 2:42 am
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:19 am

Is 107k points for a business class flight SFO- SIN the normal award rate? Do they get any cheaper?

Thanks
Jm0115 likes this.

Last edited by returnoftheyeti; Mar 28, 2024 at 8:24 am
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:23 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Is 107k points for a business class flight from the west coast of the States (sfo/lax) the normal award rate? Do they get any cheaper?

Thanks
To where?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Jm0115
To where?
Sorry, SFO-SIN. Updated the original post.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:26 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
Sorry, SFO-SIN. Updated the original post.
I have a flight in April 2024 at 87.5K using Aeroplan but I booked it 350 (or whatever the max is) days in advance and looked pretty much every few hours. Grabbed it as soon as it came up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.