Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ New updated Travel Waiver Policy (9th Apr 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ New updated Travel Waiver Policy (9th Apr 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2020, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by supatight80
Thanks!

Got another quick question,

My departing flight is on July 30th & my return flight is on August 12 (1 ticket)

If I choose the refund route, does that mean I only get refunded half what I paid since the return flight is after July 31st?

I read from the waiver policy that the "unutilised sectors" have to be on or before July 31st.

for return ticket i would think once the first journey is cancel, you will be entitled to refund for the entire ticket.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 2:13 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
for return ticket i would think once the first journey is cancel, you will be entitled to refund for the entire ticket.
So in order for me to get a full refund on my non-refundable ticket, the flight has to be canceled first by Singapore Airlines?

I thought I can get a full refund even though the flight is not canceled as long as the departing flight is on or before July 31st.

Do you mind clarifying?

Thanks!
Old Jun 10, 2020, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by supatight80
So in order for me to get a full refund on my non-refundable ticket, the flight has to be canceled first by Singapore Airlines?

I thought I can get a full refund even though the flight is not canceled as long as the departing flight is on or before July 31st.

Do you mind clarifying?

Thanks!
As long as your flight is before 31/7 (provided you book before 15/3) you can apply for refunds.

They have already cancelled most of the flights for July as per their press release. But your individual booking won’t reflect yet.

Even if your flights are still ongoing in July, you can also apply for refund.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 5:04 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
I have an upcoming commercial ticket from SIN-BKK in J class in July bought in end Feb 2020. Chances of flying is extremely low.

Any thoughts on the advantage of retaining as flight credits as opposed to a refund? Thanks.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 9:20 pm

So I haven't heard back from Chase/Expedia yet (not a surprise, I suppose based on my past experiences). I guess I'm going to have to call them and see if they heard back from SQ. Presumably the refund will take several weeks to be processed.

Last edited by MisterBill; Jun 18, 2020 at 9:30 pm
Old Jun 21, 2020, 3:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
For anyone who got your SQ miles and taxes refunded recently, how long did it take? Thanks.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
For anyone who got your SQ miles and taxes refunded recently, how long did it take? Thanks.
Check the thread below re: "Refund processing times".
italdesign likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 3:07 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Guest Rewards Platinum
Surely it should be soon that they will add August to this list?
Old Jun 25, 2020, 3:16 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Guest Rewards Platinum
Originally Posted by sonyxperiageek
Lol they literally just emailed me saying that my flights in August have been cancelled seconds after posting this.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sonyxperiageek
i tot they have already added August to the waiver.

Old Jun 25, 2020, 7:02 am
Original Poster

And from the SQ Facebook agent reply, if u have a return trip on same tickets and the first trip start in Aug and return trip is in Sept or later, you will be eligible for full refunds for the entire ticket.
sonyxperiageek likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 11:29 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Had a one-way KF Saver redemption ticket booked in Jan 2020 for travel in Aug 2020 that I now needed to move to Dec 2020 (just date change, all else stayed the same).

Called KF hotline and no wait (after entering my KF# & 6-digit PIN) plus a smooth change without even any mention of a change fee or such. All done in under 5mins and the revalidated tickets were in my Inbox before I hang up.

While this was an easy change, at least the agent was well informed and all worked smoothly as it should unlike in the earlier days so we'll done SQ.

Last edited by demue; Jun 27, 2020 at 11:36 pm
Old Jun 29, 2020, 4:15 am

Programs: KF, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
The miles expiry policy seems a bit (only a bit) unfair. The new expiry date for miles that are being refunded now is still June 30 2021, for those that would’ve expired originally.
this policy was announced in March, so a 15 month extension seemed fair. But for miles refunded this month or next, that’s less than 12 months to plan and book. Still better than nothing I guess.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K
They just extended the waiver to end of September
Old Jul 30, 2020, 9:14 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Has anybody had success using their flight credits?

I have a half-used J open-jaw return ticket: ARN-SYD used with PER-ARN remaining which I converted to a flight credit ($ value unknown).

I now want to fly SYD-ARN (or at a pinch PER-ARN).

I'm guessing the unused value of my original ticket (ie the value of my flight credit) will be a lot less than half of my original fare and the cost of my new booked "return" leg (PER-ARN) will be at the one-way price and of course now there is no discounted business available. ie. I lose three ways.

Does anybody have any good news for me?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.