Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ New updated Travel Waiver Policy (9th Apr 2020)

Old Apr 9, 20, 6:16 am
Original Poster

SQ have updated new travel waiver policy as of 9th April

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...t/?id=k8jxbjvz

they are now offering refunds or flight credit (with bonus as well)

expired miles will be extended as well
pls do read through the FAQ as those who cancelled before today might not benefit.
Old Apr 9, 20, 9:18 am

Programs: A3 Gold
this is a nice update! one thing to note though is that it replaced the old waiver policy that allowed rebookings without fare top ups as long as the destination and fare class is the same. guessing this bonus credit is the substitute for that now, so this is good if your rebooked itinerary costs exactly the same as your old itinerary or if the fare top up is less than the bonus credit. But the refund option is a welcome addition!
Old Apr 9, 20, 1:36 pm

Programs: *S (TK), Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold
OK, so this only applies to flights departing on or before May 31.

I used KF miles to book an Air Canada flight for July, so it doesn't qualify currently. The miles would have expired Sep 2019. But let's say the flight were before May 31 and I cancel it. The miles would have expired by now, but the FAQ says miles expired by Mar 2020 would be extended to 30 June 2021. Is that how it would work?

Last edited by italdesign; Apr 9, 20 at 1:44 pm
Old Apr 9, 20, 3:37 pm

Programs: TK Gold
Originally Posted by arthursiew View Post
this is a nice update! one thing to note though is that it replaced the old waiver policy that allowed rebookings without fare top ups as long as the destination and fare class is the same. guessing this bonus credit is the substitute for that now, so this is good if your rebooked itinerary costs exactly the same as your old itinerary or if the fare top up is less than the bonus credit. But the refund option is a welcome addition!
Agreed - this is a nice update. Unfortunately I have a half completed fare ARN-SYD with PER-ARN remaining unused. I hope that when things start up again I can rebook PER-ARN or even change it to SYD-ARN without any extra needing to be paid but I'm not so hopeful of that at this stage.
Old Apr 9, 20, 6:43 pm

My flight from JFK to FRA was cancelled a while back. It was on an biz award ticket booked last year for May 27, 2020 travel. My award miles expired in 2019. With this new policy does it mean I can cancel and use the award points to book for a flight by June 2021? And do I need to find the same flight segment on saver biz ticket?
Old Apr 10, 20, 1:45 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by metoo View Post
My flight from JFK to FRA was cancelled a while back. It was on an biz award ticket booked last year for May 27, 2020 travel. My award miles expired in 2019. With this new policy does it mean I can cancel and use the award points to book for a flight by June 2021? And do I need to find the same flight segment on saver biz ticket?
Once you complete the refund form your miles will be redeposited back with a June 2021 expiry. You can then use them in the normal way, so that will mean you need award availability
tbm13 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 20, 10:23 am

Would the bonus flight credits be for one-way each on one ticket? So if you flew economy from NZ to SG, then SG back to NZ on one ticket, does that count as getting two x $75SGD bonus credits?
Old Apr 10, 20, 9:18 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold
No, it's per ticket (if you've got mixed classes in the ticket you get the highest credit)
tbm13 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 20, 11:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, GHA Black
I wish they would give us bonus miles for redemption tickets too
tbm13 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 20, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by sammyg901 View Post
Once you complete the refund form your miles will be redeposited back with a June 2021 expiry. You can then use them in the normal way, so that will mean you need award availability
Just to confirm.....I have a JFK to FRA Biz award ticket which has been cancelled. Original flight would have been May 25, 2020. For my 75k points to be redeposited back to my account, a refund of taxes back into my credit card AND the June 2021 expiration date to use the 75k points, I would check off the " I would like a refund" box . Is this correct?

I would like to extend my ticket validity and retain the value as flight credits
I am ready to change or rebook my flights
I would like a refund
Other Covid-19 related assistance

PS. if it were not for the NEW June 2021 expiration date, my point would have already expired (believe expired date was August 2019)
Old Apr 12, 20, 7:28 am

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
They describe charges on their receipt as airport / government taxes. The refund notification on the website states refunds for only airport taxes - strange or nothing to worry about?

Have quite a few LHR departures for > 480 quid each
Old Apr 13, 20, 12:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, GHA Black
Requested a refund for my SIN-NRT award booking. The booking has disappeared from my SIA login page I think on Friday, but I haven't gotten any email updates / points redeposited / credit card refunds. Will just keep it in view for a few days or a couple of weeks for now I guess.
Old Apr 13, 20, 11:55 am

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by shuigao View Post
Requested a refund for my SIN-NRT award booking. The booking has disappeared from my SIA login page I think on Friday, but I haven't gotten any email updates / points redeposited / credit card refunds. Will just keep it in view for a few days or a couple of weeks for now I guess.
I cancelled an award ticket on Friday, and was told it would take up to a month for the miles to be redeposited.
Old Apr 13, 20, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by williamluk View Post
I cancelled an award ticket on Friday, and was told it would take up to a month for the miles to be redeposited.
Was the cancellation online or by phone
Old Apr 13, 20, 3:34 pm

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by metoo View Post
Was the cancellation online or by phone
By phone

Search this Thread
Search Engine: