Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Terrible Flight - Compensation offered is a joke

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Terrible Flight - Compensation offered is a joke

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Audio
Really? Then the 45,000 miles is worthless too. All the efforts and whining to get worthless stuff.

(Audio)
How so? The 45k miles don't expire within a year (if that's what you were thinking). Even if they did, I could book a flight in Dec 2020 for some point after Jan 2021 up until the end of 2021. Or extend the miles if I needed to.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 6:55 pm

Programs: Delta PM, AA PlatPro
Originally Posted by Sandeep1
Based on what I've seen, most here agree that some compensation is in order.
That’s now how I have read the replies on this thread at ALL.....

Like the other posting enjoying how bizarre this thread is - I’m quasi surprised it hasn’t locked (but happy, as it’s so entertaining).

Someone has to nominate this for longest time / energy directed at most inconsequential issue.
It’s like the Qantas guy who thought a bug bit him in J and wanted compensation. Lol
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:52 pm

Exclamation

A screw was found in the soup in Suites from SIN to AKL!!
https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/8Zs0XKGpR...o0rrJlqLz3IPn4

Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:07 pm

Yes unfortunately these things can happen. I must say though I applaud SQ and SATS that they investigated thoroughly enough to find where the screw had come from and got back to the person who brought it to their attention.
without knowing what compensation was offered I would be pretty happy with having an airline get back to me with what the investigation found.
lokijuh, cowie and DiamondMile like this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Maybe 400 SGD vouchers for the affected passenger?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:58 pm

https://mmbiz.qpic.cn/mmbiz_jpg/Pjmk...lazy=1&wx_co=1

Only S$200 KrisShop voucher because the passenger did not swallow the screw.
But luckily it was soup, imagine if it was food that needs to chew then the teeth will crack and cause bleeding. Then maybe higher compensation.
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vsepr
https://mmbiz.qpic.cn/mmbiz_jpg/Pjmk...lazy=1&wx_co=1

Only S$200 KrisShop voucher because the passenger did not swallow the screw.
But luckily it was soup, imagine if it was food that needs to chew then the teeth will crack and cause bleeding. Then maybe higher compensation.
500 SGD vouchers and a KrisFlyer Bear.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Sandeep1
500 SGD vouchers and a KrisFlyer Bear.
Make it a pair of SQ teddy bears, add some playing cards, pens and children's toys....
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:57 pm

Programs: Alaska
I don't believe this kind of accident can sue for damage. SQ does not have to pay any compensation.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by freed0m
I don't believe this kind of accident can sue for damage. SQ does not have to pay any compensation.
You may be correct. But no compensation usually implies a bad-mouthing campaign against SQ may happen.

In a PR standpoint, paying some is still better than doing nothing.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by garykung
You may be correct. But no compensation usually implies a bad-mouthing campaign against SQ may happen.

In a PR standpoint, paying some is still better than doing nothing.
One thing about SG is that SQ won't hesitate to sue for defamation if being wrongly accused.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by freed0m
One thing about SG is that SQ won't hesitate to sue for defamation if being wrongly accused.
In both cases here, none of them are libel.

Also - it is more difficult than you think to prove libel. Specifically, if defendant can prove something did happen, it will be difficult to plaintiff to win the case.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by garykung
In both cases here, none of them are libel.

Also - it is more difficult than you think to prove libel. Specifically, if defendant can prove something did happen, it will be difficult to plaintiff to win the case.
I was talking specifically about bad-mouthing.

SQ has handled the incident very professionally. Bad-mouthing has to take it out of context.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:39 am

I also have a rather bad F experience with SQ.
From CDG to SIN, MANY things went wrong.

1. An used sock from the previous passenger was on the ottoman under a sealed blanket.

2. Side container was full of garbage.

-> cabin crew moved me to another suite (only myself and 1 other passenger on this flight)

3. A plastic wrapper (may be from the slippers) was in the side container. Cabin crew Came to apologise again. And offer to move me again, I turned it down, as it wasn't a big deal, not like the first suite with an used sock.

4. The book the cook meal, rice was half cooked.
They offered me to pick another main from the inflight menu, which I refused. Have enough food.
Later she told me the other passenger also left the rice almost untouched. What a coincidence, both passengers ordered the same book the cook.

5. Headphone issue, there was a background noice, even a new pair was given. So may be a seat issue, changed seat again.

At the end, they told me they would file an Incident report. Before arriving SIN, I was given $200 Krishop voucher and a pair of SQ bear.

IFM didn't come to apologise and not much interaction with me (try to avoid me?)

So I filed an online complain, not asking any compensation. For the first incident, really a hygiene issue. No reply after a few days. So send them an email, got a generic reply.

So far this was my worst F experience of all airlines.
Ironically, my outbound flight SIN-CDG was my best experience on all F to date. It was so memorable and the cabin crew really made me feel like a VIP. The services was beyond excellent. I also wrote this in both my online complain and email.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:18 pm

SIA apologises to first-class Suites passenger who found screw in soup

https://stomp.straitstimes.com/singapore-seen/sia-apologises-to-first-class-suites-passenger-who-found-screw-in-soup

The flight was on 01 Jan 2020.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.