Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Private Room - Renovation Status?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2022, 9:09 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
According to one lounge staff member, who has made us many Singapore Slings and other cocktails for us in the F lounge over the years, current forecast opening is some time during May.
bpk6h, FlyerEC and cactus319 like this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:55 pm

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
Originally Posted by jongesander
You can also use TPR if you arrive in F.
Confirming this - arrived in F from BOM connecting to LAX in J, and was allowed in to F wing of SilverKris lounge a few days ago. It was basically the same as the J facilities but less crowded and with slightly better food & beverage. No J or F lines at gate post-security so priority pax (including multiple in F) had to wait for doc check to get to gate area for SQ12 to NRT/LAX. Not a very nice experience overall.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by lokijuh
According to one lounge staff member, who has made us many Singapore Slings and other cocktails for us in the F lounge over the years, current forecast opening is some time during May.
Yep.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: UAPP, Marriott Platinum Premier, HHonors Diamond, HGP Diamond, FPC Premier, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by djsflynn
Yep.
That is what you’re hearing as well?
djsflynn likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 11:26 am

Arriving Suites from JFK. Departing Scoot in Y (different terminal, I know). PR access?

If yes...

Arriving Business from JFK. Departing Scoot in Y. No Star Alliance status. SilverKris access in T2?
Old Apr 8, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Arriving Suites from JFK. Departing Scoot in Y (different terminal, I know). PR access?

If yes...

Arriving Business from JFK. Departing Scoot in Y. No Star Alliance status. SilverKris access in T2?
If you arrive in suites you can access TPR (well, the first section in the Silverkris Lounge currently). Just show your suites boarding pass.
jamienbaker likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 2:42 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jongesander
If you arrive in suites you can access TPR (well, the first section in the Silverkris Lounge currently). Just show your suites boarding pass.
Just don't expect much . . .
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
TPR won’t be open before June.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:46 am

Programs: Krisflyer
Originally Posted by SMK77
TPR won’t be open before June.
Clearly they subcontracted the job to the same people who handle phone enquiries... I am travelling through in mid July, hope it's open by then.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Just don't expect much . . .
So here's a question. Is the current SilverKris lounge packed to the gills? Would the PriorityPass lounge options be superior? Traveling end of May, two hour layover, 0700~0900 or thereabouts.

Also, within SilverKris, any differentiation for F passengers? Or is it like LH where they just rope off a few seats and drop a rose on the table?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:14 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
So here's a question. Is the current SilverKris lounge packed to the gills?
I was there from ~07:30-09:15 about a week ago. It was packed to the gills to the point it was almost impossible to find a seat. About 09:00, it started to clear out.

Would the PriorityPass lounge options be superior? Traveling end of May, two hour layover, 0700~0900 or thereabouts.
Really couldn't be worse. This temporary SQ lounge has almost nothing in common with the old SQ lounge.

Also, within SilverKris, any differentiation for F passengers? Or is it like LH where they just rope off a few seats and drop a rose on the table?
There is a separate roped off area. I was in business so don't know how it was in that area, but at a glance it pretty much looked the same as the business section. I think someone else said they had a little better food offerings [not a hard standard to beat].

I'm in F on SQ next week to ZRH so I'll get to experience it myself first-hand.

[What rocket scientist at SQ concluded that a 01:25 departure to ZRH was a good idea????]
jamienbaker likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:08 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
I was there from ~07:30-09:15 about a week ago. It was packed to the gills to the point it was almost impossible to find a seat. About 09:00, it started to clear out.

Really couldn't be worse. This temporary SQ lounge has almost nothing in common with the old SQ lounge.

There is a separate roped off area. I was in business so don't know how it was in that area, but at a glance it pretty much looked the same as the business section. I think someone else said they had a little better food offerings [not a hard standard to beat].

I'm in F on SQ next week to ZRH so I'll get to experience it myself first-hand.

[What rocket scientist at SQ concluded that a 01:25 departure to ZRH was a good idea????]
I've been to the roped off F area a few times. Last time was fairly crowded. Only differences are a couple food choices and the wine/champagne. I'm hoping the new F lounge will be ready by my next flight in May... understand it will be opened at some point in May.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
TPR will not be open before June according to decision makers I spoke to.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:04 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by SMK77
TPR will not be open before June according to decision makers I spoke to.
Is that early or late June? Is June a realistic date or is it more likely still 5 - 6 months away?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:27 pm

Programs: UAPP, Marriott Platinum Premier, HHonors Diamond, HGP Diamond, FPC Premier, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by HB7
Is that early or late June? Is June a realistic date or is it more likely still 5 - 6 months away?
Like others, selfishly praying for 20JUN!! .
HB7 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.