Private Room - Renovation Status?

Old Dec 8, 19, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services
Private Room - Renovation Status?

I'll be flying SQ F later this month via SIN and wonder if anyone knows whether the THR is open and, if not, what's being offered for SQ F passengers. Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 19, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by wallertown View Post
I'll be flying SQ F later this month via SIN and wonder if anyone knows whether the THR is open and, if not, what's being offered for SQ F passengers. Thanks.
My understanding is the work has only begun on the KrisFlyer Gold Lounge, so assuming you are eligible, you can use The Private Room as usual.
Old Dec 13, 19, 12:58 am

Programs: LH HON
At least it was open when I was there end of November. Business as usual. Will check again end of December.
Old Dec 14, 19, 12:44 am

Programs: SQ, QF, AM
The latest update as at 9 December was:

“Please allow us to share that the closure for the Private room and First Class lounge will be carried out from the first half 2020 to early 2021.

Approximately one month prior to the closure of the lounges, our website will be updated and email notification will be sent to the affected passengers.”
Sinter likes this.
Old Dec 14, 19, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by mationsbuds View Post
The latest update as at 9 December was:
Flying Suites, SINFRAJFK in July with wife (kids in J). So pretty disappointed with this.

Anybody guesses as to what SQ will provide in terms of accommodation? Obviously not the end of the world, but if J lounge is the only option, it argues for getting to the airport with virtually no time to spare.
Old Dec 14, 19, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by jamienbaker View Post
Flying Suites, SINFRAJFK in July with wife (kids in J). So pretty disappointed with this.

Anybody guesses as to what SQ will provide in terms of accommodation? Obviously not the end of the world, but if J lounge is the only option, it argues for getting to the airport with virtually no time to spare.
I dun think you will be affected. As per press release, they will renovate the business class lounge first. (So they will use the gold lounge space for silver Kris business class lounge?). Then after that they will renovate the first class lounge (most likely at the current premise of Silver Kris lounge). So the current first class lounge should still be in operation.

The gold lounge will be the last one to be renovated.

I might be wrong.
jamienbaker likes this.
Old Dec 19, 19, 1:39 pm

Programs: Multiple
Will be interesting to see exactly when in the "first half" this will occur. Flying Suites at the end of March myself.
Old Dec 19, 19, 5:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, GHA Black
Originally Posted by Sinter View Post
Will be interesting to see exactly when in the "first half" this will occur. Flying Suites at the end of March myself.
Hoping for the second half of the first half. Doing SQ638 on the 26th Mar overnight.
Old Dec 20, 19, 11:21 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Just a thought...

Perhaps SQ can consider having their F/Suites passengers check-in at JetQuay instead of Terminal 3? Once checked in, passengers would enjoy similar services to those offered in the Private Room in the JetQuay lounge and then later taken by buggy to the gate of their SQ flight.
Old Feb 3, 20, 7:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Any update on this? I don't see any updates on the lounge pages. I'm flying suites (old AND new :-D) later this month.
Old Feb 3, 20, 7:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, GHA Black
Originally Posted by nevansm View Post
Any update on this? I don't see any updates on the lounge pages. I'm flying suites (old AND new :-D) later this month.
Well from the earlier update: "Approximately one month prior to the closure of the lounges, our website will be updated and email notification will be sent to the affected passengers"

So I guess no news means good news.
Old Feb 4, 20, 5:40 am

Not sure if this actually means all that much, but I was nosing around on the ichangi app tonight and noticed it's showing all T3 silverkris lounges on the map as "under renovation" . I'm almost certain that wasn't the case a few weeks ago?
Old Feb 4, 20, 11:50 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest Companion Pass
TPR was very much open on Sunday 2/2
Old Feb 10, 20, 7:30 am

We were in the Private Room on 2/3, Singapore Time.

Last edited by alocsin; Feb 10, 20 at 9:44 am
Old Feb 10, 20, 8:28 am

Anyone going to the TPR this month maybe can ask the staff on the renovation status. I think they should know when it will undergo renovation.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: