FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   Private Room - Renovation Status? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1998899-private-room-renovation-status.html)

wallertown Dec 8, 19 12:12 pm

Private Room - Renovation Status?

I'll be flying SQ F later this month via SIN and wonder if anyone knows whether the THR is open and, if not, what's being offered for SQ F passengers. Thanks.

SQTraveller Dec 8, 19 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by wallertown (Post 31818837)
I'll be flying SQ F later this month via SIN and wonder if anyone knows whether the THR is open and, if not, what's being offered for SQ F passengers. Thanks.

My understanding is the work has only begun on the KrisFlyer Gold Lounge, so assuming you are eligible, you can use The Private Room as usual.

shipsmail Dec 13, 19 12:58 am

At least it was open when I was there end of November. Business as usual. Will check again end of December.

mationsbuds Dec 14, 19 12:44 am

The latest update as at 9 December was:

“Please allow us to share that the closure for the Private room and First Class lounge will be carried out from the first half 2020 to early 2021.

Approximately one month prior to the closure of the lounges, our website will be updated and email notification will be sent to the affected passengers.”

jamienbaker Dec 14, 19 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by mationsbuds (Post 31838510)
The latest update as at 9 December was:

Flying Suites, SINFRAJFK in July with wife (kids in J). So pretty disappointed with this.

Anybody guesses as to what SQ will provide in terms of accommodation? Obviously not the end of the world, but if J lounge is the only option, it argues for getting to the airport with virtually no time to spare.

sbs2716g Dec 14, 19 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by jamienbaker (Post 31840512)
Flying Suites, SINFRAJFK in July with wife (kids in J). So pretty disappointed with this.

Anybody guesses as to what SQ will provide in terms of accommodation? Obviously not the end of the world, but if J lounge is the only option, it argues for getting to the airport with virtually no time to spare.

I dun think you will be affected. As per press release, they will renovate the business class lounge first. (So they will use the gold lounge space for silver Kris business class lounge?). Then after that they will renovate the first class lounge (most likely at the current premise of Silver Kris lounge). So the current first class lounge should still be in operation.

The gold lounge will be the last one to be renovated.

I might be wrong.

Sinter Dec 19, 19 1:39 pm

Will be interesting to see exactly when in the "first half" this will occur. Flying Suites at the end of March myself.

shuigao Dec 19, 19 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Sinter (Post 31857748)
Will be interesting to see exactly when in the "first half" this will occur. Flying Suites at the end of March myself.

Hoping for the second half of the first half. Doing SQ638 on the 26th Mar overnight.

daniellam Dec 20, 19 11:21 pm

Just a thought...

Perhaps SQ can consider having their F/Suites passengers check-in at JetQuay instead of Terminal 3? Once checked in, passengers would enjoy similar services to those offered in the Private Room in the JetQuay lounge and then later taken by buggy to the gate of their SQ flight.

nevansm Feb 3, 20 7:27 pm

Any update on this? I don't see any updates on the lounge pages. I'm flying suites (old AND new :-D) later this month.

shuigao Feb 3, 20 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by nevansm (Post 32029459)
Any update on this? I don't see any updates on the lounge pages. I'm flying suites (old AND new :-D) later this month.

Well from the earlier update: "Approximately one month prior to the closure of the lounges, our website will be updated and email notification will be sent to the affected passengers"

So I guess no news means good news.

Firemansam Feb 4, 20 5:40 am

Not sure if this actually means all that much, but I was nosing around on the ichangi app tonight and noticed it's showing all T3 silverkris lounges on the map as "under renovation" . I'm almost certain that wasn't the case a few weeks ago?

maanfi24 Feb 4, 20 11:50 am

TPR was very much open on Sunday 2/2

alocsin Feb 10, 20 7:30 am

We were in the Private Room on 2/3, Singapore Time.

sbs2716g Feb 10, 20 8:28 am

Anyone going to the TPR this month maybe can ask the staff on the renovation status. I think they should know when it will undergo renovation.