Community
Wiki Posts
Search

24 hour cancellation experience

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
The people on the phone were very friendly but said that we needed to email [email protected]. Their automated response said that it would take them 3 business days to reply, which should be tomorrow or Tuesday.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 9:55 am
Original Poster

OK they just emailed me saying that they were providing a full refund.
cowie likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Fully refunded. Rah!
Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:56 pm

I am facing similar issue, but customer service is worse. They are not pickup calls and tough to get live agent. It has been 3 weeks now but no reply/confirmation about refund/cancellation. Not sure what to do next.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 12:53 am
lya

I purchased a non-refundable ticket from SFO to SIN on the US website and tried the cancel it within 24 hours by calling the US customer service. It seemed the agents weren't familiar with the process and confirmed with me multiple time regarding the booking details and policy. It took a long time for them to process the cancellation, not to mentioned that later I found it was only a partial refund... They only refunded the base fare, and I had to call again for them to refund the taxes and fees. Again, after numerous questions and long waiting, they finally refunded the remaining amount.

It's my first time booking Singapore Airlines and I expected a much better experience for a renowned airline, but turns out to be very disappointing.

Last edited by lya; Feb 1, 2024 at 11:18 am
Old Feb 1, 2024, 5:11 am
THR

Perhaps just book when you’re certain I guess. It’s odd to book and cancel within 24 hours.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 7:55 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by THR
Perhaps just book when you’re certain I guess. It’s odd to book and cancel within 24 hours.
What a strange victim-blaming comment. There’s absolutely nothing strange about cancelling within 24 hours of booking.

Seeing that SQ is so happy to partake in the US market, it really ought to be better prepared to comply with DOT regulations.
commaspace likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 11:17 am
lya

Originally Posted by THR
There are many legit reasons to do so and it's quite common in the US. For example, secure the seats before finalizing the travel plan, generate an itinerary for visa application, or expect a price drop later. For almost all US-based airlines, it's very easy to just cancel within 24 hours on their websites without any problem. Foreign airlines seem to do a poor job in general, in terms of both IT and customer service. This will only make me more likely to choose a US-based airline if possible in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.