Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Star Alliance Awards Devaluation, Online Star Alliance Awards & New Service Fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Awards Devaluation, Online Star Alliance Awards & New Service Fees

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
my search of LH F shows the old mileage in the "Booking summary" overlay
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines
Another Singapore Airlines IT joke...

Mobile Link: https://mainlymiles.com/2017/12/07/k...hey-dont-work/
Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:18 pm

I am looking to use Singapore before the devaluation to book RT award flight from NYC to TLV week of June 24 return July 17ish. Have 2 adults, a 13 year old, and 3 between 2-10 years old. I am having trouble finding something. Can anyone help?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Re: new *A search engine

SQ must have hired the I.T team behind Avianca's website
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:59 pm

Well makes sense, because Avianca doesn't allow mixed class. Now that's a real devaluation.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by currentjer
Well makes sense, because Avianca doesn't allow mixed class. Now that's a real devaluation.
They have introduced mixed class, for less than the higher class fare too. When I checked SIN-BKK-LHR a couple of weeks ago, it required less points (and could be booked) if you took SIN-BKK in Y, than doing the whole journey in J.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
my search of LH F shows the old mileage in the "Booking summary" overlay
Did you book any tickets with the old mileage rates for LH F class?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:07 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
I can certainly see availability on Virgin Australia in late January with redemption tickets costing roughly the same number of points on both airlines ~ 11,000. However it looks as though points bookings are not available for routes that SQ themselves fly. I tried Sydney-Bangkok at the end of January - no seats available for *A airlines, and message if I hover over *A that says "Flights operated by our Star Alliance partner airlines are not available for this route". I got the same message for Sydney-Narita. Bangkok- Narita - same message. Sydney - Los Angeles - again, same message. I wonder what routes I can book a *A ticket using KF points
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:19 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by RTWFF
I can certainly see availability on Virgin Australia in late January with redemption tickets costing roughly the same number of points on both airlines ~ 11,000. However it looks as though points bookings are not available for routes that SQ themselves fly. I tried Sydney-Bangkok at the end of January - no seats available for *A airlines, and message if I hover over *A that says "Flights operated by our Star Alliance partner airlines are not available for this route". I got the same message for Sydney-Narita. Bangkok- Narita - same message. Sydney - Los Angeles - again, same message. I wonder what routes I can book a *A ticket using KF points
please read post 47. Someone has done a sweep and it seems only LH and NZ are available using the online booking interface.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 54austin
I've been getting conflicting info re changes to existing *A award tickets. Trying to make last-minute changes to two tickets so been calling them lots. Asked three agents over the past 24 hours - two said only the fees would increase, not the mileage whereas one said the mileage would increase as per the new chart (at 12/7 midnight Singapore local time). The latter is consistent with what I was told by a rep a few days ago. I plan on confirming one ticket today before the deadline and will likely have to wait to confirm the other, so I'll report back on the increase, if any.
New *A chart definitely applies when making changes to a ticket from earlier. Got a failed called and then a text message from SQ this morning so excitedly called in hoping my waitlist had cleared. Unfortuately, it was to inform me of increased mileage requirements as per the new chart.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Did you book any tickets with the old mileage rates for LH F class?
No, I have an existing booking on SQ suites that I want to change to LH F but not yet in the 14 day window. Just searched to see if SQ could see same availability as UA
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by merridius
the star alliance search tool seems to be up, but i don't think its working at the moment, doesn't show any availability at all
can you point me in the right direction.
I even not found this picture
I searched for FRA-DXB in the hope to find LH
but of course nothing showed up @ all
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA, QF, VS, AA, US, HH, SPG
Well when I go into the SQ web site - I cannot even find how to book a *A award - when I select book flights and select redeem miles all I get is the old booking page. Help please.

Last edited by pschafer; Dec 7, 2017 at 7:03 pm Reason: Actually figured it out.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:13 pm

nothing works. Not sure if it's even able to do connections, the simplest Europe-JFK finds nothing.
So LH is not shown neither. A complete failure.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
nothing works. Not sure if it's even able to do connections, the simplest Europe-JFK finds nothing.
So LH is not shown neither. A complete failure.
Very simple flights like SYD-AKL with NZ appears but other than that, all that hype for little gain - probably more backwards gain given all the frustration members have spent 'searching' for *A awards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.