Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Stopover for US$100 on One Way Saver Award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat

I am flying in August from SIN to MAN via MUC on a one way redemption saver award.

I would like to do a stopover for a few days in MUC before continuing with my trip to MAN.

I have read blogs that say this possible by paying US$100, but I just called and the agent said this isn't the case.

After reading the KF guide below, I did not find any significant information that supports my case.

Can someone who has done this before clarify? Thanks.

https://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/pps...rammeGuide.pdf
Old Jul 10, 2016, 6:56 am

Programs: KF
Well, why dont u call again? try SG day time, sometimes u can get an agent who is willing to find way

Last edited by wanderer9020; Jul 10, 2016 at 7:39 am
Old Jul 10, 2016, 8:17 am

That should be possible. In my experience some agents don't really understand the $100 stopover rule in saver award. Sometimes you have to explain them step by step what you're trying to do. Call center in Singapore has knowledgeable agents vs US call center.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: SQ PPS Golden Circle Diamond
Hi Zjunyuan.

I booked two 1 way savers last week (LHR and FRA) and called the Call Centre for a stop over in Singapore, not a problem at all and they confirmed the cost of US$100. They also applied the 15% discount. I am PPS but I don't think that it should make a difference.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
It's allowed. You need to call again and get a more knowledgeable agent
Old Jul 16, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Definitely possible! Did it only two days ago, building a stopover into JFK-FRA-SIN. Call the Singapore KF number, and as others have correctly pointed out, if you get an agent who doesn't know how to do this / says it's not possible, just hang up and call again. Persevere, and you shall succeed! ^
Old Aug 3, 2016, 5:59 pm

Singapore Air doesn't offer straight flight from LAX to DPS (Bali).

The route includes stopover in NRT and SIN. Is it possible to pay $100 for stoppover in either one of the location (NRT or SIN)? I would like to extend 4 to 5 days in NRT to go Disney.

Is this even possible?
Brendan likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by ponickka
Singapore Air doesn't offer straight flight from LAX to DPS (Bali).

The route includes stopover in NRT and SIN. Is it possible to pay $100 for stoppover in either one of the location (NRT or SIN)? I would like to extend 4 to 5 days in NRT to go Disney.

Is this even possible?
Yes, this should be no problem. Just call the SQ call centre in SG and explain to them what you want to do. If your agent doesn't get you, simply try again with another agent 5 mins later, and again until you find a competent enough agent...
Brendan likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 5:14 am
THR

This might sound like a stupid and obvious question but if you book a ticket, say SYD-ZUR, and want to do a stopover in SIN, that must mean that post booking, they move the departure on the SIN-ZUR leg. So electing to take a stopover then must require availability on the SIN-ZUR leg a few days later (whenever the stopover ends), correct?

Thus, stopovers depend on availability of flights?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by THR
This might sound like a stupid and obvious question but if you book a ticket, say SYD-ZUR, and want to do a stopover in SIN, that must mean that post booking, they move the departure on the SIN-ZUR leg. So electing to take a stopover then must require availability on the SIN-ZUR leg a few days later (whenever the stopover ends), correct?

Thus, stopovers depend on availability of flights?
As some wise chap said long before me: There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers, so relax...

Your assumption is absolutely correct: If you want to build in a stopover, then you need to have availability for the segment on the date that you wish to fly.

PS: I presume you are going to Zurich? The correct airport code for that destination is ZRH.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Yes, this should be no problem. Just call the SQ call centre in SG and explain to them what you want to do. If your agent doesn't get you, simply try again with another agent 5 mins later, and again until you find a competent enough agent...
Even if this is under the award saver and not the standard?

Sorry for repeating the question but Singapore airline is totally new to me.

The current flight schedule is (LAX - DPS) is followed:

LAX - NRT - SIN - DPS making it a 32 hours flight (layover included).

Can I do this on a ONE WAY AWARD SAVER

Pay the $100 to stay 5 days in NRT. Then go from NRT - SIN - DPS.

Is this impossible?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:35 pm

It is definitely possible to have the US$100 stopover on a saver award as we just organised one yesterday.

As others have stated ring SQ Krisflyer, of course there has to be availability on the proceeding flights from NRT.

The $ charge comes up under "fare", above the breakdown of taxes, when you're issued your e-ticket.
Brendan likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 4:06 am
THR

Originally Posted by NetJets Germany

PS: I presume you are going to Zurich? The correct airport code for that destination is ZRH.
Hah! Stupid me

I just used it as an example, although it might be our destination of choice (just trying to get a few more points so we can do F return).
Old Aug 6, 2016, 6:42 am

will it possible to have two stopover on one way saver award?
Old Aug 6, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by jjjohn
will it possible to have two stopover on one way saver award?
No

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.