Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Stopover for US$100 on One Way Saver Award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stopover for US$100 on One Way Saver Award

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 5:55 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
So, before I start badgering phone agents...is the $100 stopover on a Saver award still an option? I'm planning a trip for December and I'd /like/ to stop in Tokyo for a few days...but the website is saying I can't do this on a one-way saver award (I know I don't get one for free, but I was under the distinct impression that I could pay for one).
Yup, you can do this but the only valid routing for this would be SIN - TYO - /stopover/ - LAX (or LAX - NRT - /stopover/ - SIN - XXX the other way around but XXX should not cause a backtrack) on SQ, and it doesn't need to be on the same flight number, so you can do SIN - NRT on SQ 638 and then NRT - LAX on SQ 12. Don't know if you can do SIN - HND then NRT - LAX though.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:22 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Well, would SYD/PER/BNE-SIN-TYO-/stopover/-LAX be legal?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
Well, would SYD/PER/BNE-SIN-TYO-/stopover/-LAX be legal?
Yep
Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:35 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by lobo411
You might have to ride herd on it...I called yesterday to arrange a stopover on a o/w award ticket. Everything looked ok when I checked the website after the fact, but the last leg was on "reserved" and not "ticketed." Today I got a text from SIA telling me that I needed to complete the booking or it would be canceled, so I had to call in. Apparently, the stopover fee was not successfully charged.
It is normal that the leg that you changed the date for shows as "reserved" after adding the stopover. The ticket needs to go for reissue and it usually takes 2-3 days to be finalized and SIA will email you the updated eticket. If stopover (+ possible additional taxes / security fees) payment fails like in your case they can't complete the reissue and have to reach out to you / have you call in to settle.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 8:29 pm

I asked elsewhere, but this seems to be a more appropriate place for my questions:

Can I pay $100 each to add 5 day stopovers in both NRT and SIN on an LAX-DPS saver award flight? (I'm assuming yes)
Can I pay $100 each to add a 5 day open jaw between NRT and HIJ and a 5 day stopover at SIN on an LAX-DPS flight? (I'm assuming no)
Can I call and book a saver award flight with stopovers/open jaw as described above, and purchase two tickets for additional partners in the same phone call, with the possibility of getting seats together? (I'm assuming no here too but would love to be pleasantly surprised)

Thanks so much!
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by hodad
Can I pay $100 each to add 5 day stopovers in both NRT and SIN on an LAX-DPS saver award flight? (I'm assuming yes)
No, only 1 stop over is allowed on one-way saver awards so you need to choose either NRT or SIN, or book the first award LAX - SIN with a stop over in NRT and then a 2nd award SIN - DPS assuming you have enough miles.

Originally Posted by hodad
Can I call and book a saver award flight with stopovers/open jaw as described above, and purchase two tickets for additional partners in the same phone call, with the possibility of getting seats together? (I'm assuming no here too but would love to be pleasantly surprised)
Thanks so much!
You can book the saver award with a stop-over over the phone because this cannot be done online; they should also waive the phone booking fee for this. The cash tickets need to be booked online unless you want to pay for the phone booking fee for each ticket. Given that the new fare classes make you pay to select seats depending on the type of ticket you book (F and J are free, Y+ is free except extra legroom, Y flex is free except extra legroom, Y Standard is free for standard and forward seats, Y Lite is pay to select a seat) you can easily just pay for seat selection when you book the award ticket for all 3 seats.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: TK*S, KF Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
How to issue a stopover?

I don't seem to be able to book a Stopover in J on a standard award through the website

Do I need to call the call center?

I assume I can still issue stop over on a one way?
Old Feb 25, 2018, 9:52 am

Programs: TK*S, KF Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by STelite
I don't seem to be able to book a Stopover in J on a standard award through the website

Do I need to call the call center?

I assume I can still issue stop over on a one way?
For one way saver need to request stopover by phone and pay USD100
Old Feb 25, 2018, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by STelite
For one way saver need to request stopover by phone and pay USD100
Poster said 'standard award' which means they have a free stopover. Regardless, free or paid stopovers must be booked over the phone.
Old May 25, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I'm being refused a stopover on partner saver one-way MPM-ADD/(stop)/ADD-KGL for 32.5k SQ + $100USD. I have the reservation on hold with record locator but they refuse to ticket without paying 65k SQ each + taxes.

Has this stopover policy changed? They have tried all kinds of excuses. "Cannot back track". "Must be a direct nonstop flight for 32.5k mile price" (one-doesn't exist). "Have to call to book partner airlines" (clearly not correct...) "Partner airlines we don't allow stopovers".

Unfortunately their website is broken and will not return flights for MPM-KGL at all. I can search MPM-ADD and ADD-KGL separately no problem.

Suggestions?

Edit = I thought I read enough above, but missed that someone suggests partner awards only allow a stopover on round trip... so I guess that would explain it.

Last edited by glocklt4; May 25, 2018 at 6:01 pm
Old May 26, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: KF, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by glocklt4
Edit = I thought I read enough above, but missed that someone suggests partner awards only allow a stopover on round trip... so I guess that would explain it.
Correct.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
I'm trying to book a stopover on a one way saver suites class flight on SQ JFK-FRA-SIN with the stopover in FRA. I understand you can't book this on the website. However, there are no open flights when I want to travel and just options to waitlist. Can I waitlist a bunch of dates for JFK-SIN and if multiple flights clear the waitlist then call in to ticket it and add in the stopover and pay the $100 fee? What I am trying to figure out is how can I waitlist a JFK-SIN flight with a stopover in FRA. I've been told by SQ agents that if I wait list JFK-SIN and SIn-JFK individually that it is two reservations and they can't link them to give me the free stopover later. I really don't want to dump another 120k miles into SQ and then be told nothing is going to clear no matter how many dates I waitlist.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Does anyone know if you can add a $100 stopover on with a first class first leg and an economy/business second leg? The app only let's me price the trip as both business legs but I'm hoping one can be first and the second can be economy. I'm guessing not
Old Sep 11, 2018, 4:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by ahbitheman
Does anyone know if you can add a $100 stopover on with a first class first leg and an economy/business second leg? The app only let's me price the trip as both business legs but I'm hoping one can be first and the second can be economy. I'm guessing not
Yes, you can do that. As with any stop-over booking you can't do this online but only over the phone (so not sure what your pricing refers to). Take note that you are priced as if all travel was in the highest class you booked:

SYD-SIN in F and SIN-HKG in Y will price as a full F award (80,000 miles as saver) plus 100$ stop-over fee.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, United-Platinum, American-Platinum, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum
Do we know if we can confirm one leg while waitlisting another?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.