Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Stopover for US$100 on One Way Saver Award

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stopover for US$100 on One Way Saver Award

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2016, 6:19 pm

I thought when you called the United States Krisflyer number it routes to Singapore? Is this not the case, is there a special number to dial to get agents in Singapore
Old Aug 7, 2016, 7:09 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
No
Cool, that I didn't know. Last year we flew SYD-SIN-NRT-LAX and just recently SYD-SIN-HKG-SFO, with paid $US100 stopopver in NRT and SIN respectively.

For partner awards, let's just say CDG-BKK-SYD flying TG, can I pay for a stopover in BKK?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by alanslegal
Cool, that I didn't know. Last year we flew SYD-SIN-NRT-LAX and just recently SYD-SIN-HKG-SFO, with paid $US100 stopopver in NRT and SIN respectively.

For partner awards, let's just say CDG-BKK-SYD flying TG, can I pay for a stopover in BKK?
The $100 stopover in my experience works on SQ Metal only YMMV
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL PM
I couldn't building a one way stopover on HND-SIN-HKG?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:42 am

Programs: UA *G, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platnium
Just got off the phone with Singapore air and they said that stopovers are only permitted on SQ metal on one way awards.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: KF, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hitairplane
Just got off the phone with Singapore air and they said that stopovers are only permitted on SQ metal on one way awards.
One Stopover permitted on partner airlines on round trip awards
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:30 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by tennislover9
I couldn't building a one way stopover on HND-SIN-HKG?
Isn't HND-SIN-HKG backtracking, thus actually being priced as two awards? There's no need to add a stopover since it's actually a HND-SIN and SIN-HKG award. If you book SIN-HKG-HND/NRT you won't be able to add a stopover in HKG on a one-way award since HKG-HND/NRT is only serviced by a *A partner (ANA).
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:06 am

I’m trying to book a stopover online using the new redemption capability. But it says “Your stopover duration must be between 1 day and 31 days”.

Not aware of this - is this now a new limitation or requirement? Can I say book the stopover for say 30 days, then call up and change the date to another day farther out in the future?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I’m trying to book a stopover online using the new redemption capability. But it says “Your stopover duration must be between 1 day and 31 days”.

Not aware of this - is this now a new limitation or requirement? Can I say book the stopover for say 30 days, then call up and change the date to another day farther out in the future?
You can call them and the 31 day limit would not apply - I think it is 1 year then.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
So, before I start badgering phone agents...is the $100 stopover on a Saver award still an option? I'm planning a trip for December and I'd /like/ to stop in Tokyo for a few days...but the website is saying I can't do this on a one-way saver award.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
So, before I start badgering phone agents...is the $100 stopover on a Saver award still an option? I'm planning a trip for December and I'd /like/ to stop in Tokyo for a few days...but the website is saying I can't do this on a one-way saver award (I know I don't get one for free, but I was under the distinct impression that I could pay for one).
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:28 am
THR

Unless it has changed recently, I booked it for a stopover in Singapore in June.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:38 pm

Alright, looks like it'll be time to put the points in and hope this works out.

(If I can't do it then this isn't the end of the world...but it would be nice if I could.)
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:14 pm

You might have to ride herd on it...I called yesterday to arrange a stopover on a o/w award ticket. Everything looked ok when I checked the website after the fact, but the last leg was on "reserved" and not "ticketed." Today I got a text from SIA telling me that I needed to complete the booking or it would be canceled, so I had to call in. Apparently, the stopover fee was not successfully charged.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
So, before I start badgering phone agents...is the $100 stopover on a Saver award still an option? I'm planning a trip for December and I'd /like/ to stop in Tokyo for a few days...but the website is saying I can't do this on a one-way saver award (I know I don't get one for free, but I was under the distinct impression that I could pay for one).
Yes still an option but stopover only valid if it's on the way. What is origin and destination?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.