Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SIN-CPT/JNB round trip - how to do stopover at JNB?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN-CPT/JNB round trip - how to do stopover at JNB?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by willythomas561
yes flight to hoedspruit is quite expensive
Redeem KF miles for SA flight then?

Suggest you contact a local SA TA to ask about your internal plans. Do you have a definite need to go to Krueger? There are other private parks that are nearer and cheaper to get into.
Old May 24, 2016, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Redeem KF miles for SA flight then?

Suggest you contact a local SA TA to ask about your internal plans.
See my previous message - when I tried to add stopover in SIN-CPT-(JHB)-SIN for stopover in Y SQ wanted 30K miles with SA Airlines. Thanks, but no thanks. I can fly for less than $100 for the same route.

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Do you have a definite need to go to Krueger? There are other private parks that are nearer and cheaper to get into.
Yes. Going there for wedding event.
Old May 24, 2016, 1:59 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by invisible
After that I told them not to proceed with the reservation, hung up and booked two one ways SIN-CTP and JHB-SIN.
Sorry for what follows I am in a flippant mood this afternoon ....

Much cheaper way of getting from JHB-SIN ... can catch a bus from JHB to JB Sentral, and then another bus from there to SIN. Or alternatively a taxi shouldn't cost any more than $100 SGD ... just allow plenty of time for crossing the causeway

(Sorry I couldn't resist, but this is flyertalk and we can get a bit pedantic about our airport codes.)

Anyway, on a more serious note, hope you enjoy the trip, and do hope you get some time to enjoy viewing the wildlife in Kruger. It can be quite amazing.
Old May 24, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Forget JB. I am amazed the OP is trying to fly to Carutapera in Brazil on SQ!
Old May 24, 2016, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
With imagination - anything possible.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: SQ*G, BA, DL
Originally Posted by Nutzzz
SQ doesn't have the rights to fly passengers between CPT and JNB. You have to book multi city SIN-CPT and JNB-SIN, and get a domestic flight

This was what I recently found out too. One has to get an open jaw and buy a domestic flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.