Wiki Posts
Search

DL to SQ at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM; IC Plat; SPG Gold
DL to SQ at JFK

I'm flying into JFK on DL and then out to FRA on SQ. No checked bags. DL uses terminals 2 and 4 and SQ uses terminal 4. I can't figure out which T4 gate SQ usually uses. Can anybody shed any light on that?

Also, I'm assuming that if I arrive at terminal 2, I can take the DL jitney over to terminal 4 and avoid TSA assuming that I've checked in on line with SQ and have printed or mobile boarding pass. Correct?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
If I'm not mistaken, Singapore doesn't allow online check-in for flights originating in the US including JFK. I'm flying SQ25 out of JFK in a while and was thinking of the same option (DL flight to JFK). Can anyone confirm whether there is a way to get your SQ boarding pass airside at JFK after arriving? Thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:38 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by ctbjr1309
I'm flying into JFK on DL and then out to FRA on SQ. No checked bags. DL uses terminals 2 and 4 and SQ uses terminal 4. I can't figure out which T4 gate SQ usually uses. Can anybody shed any light on that?

Also, I'm assuming that if I arrive at terminal 2, I can take the DL jitney over to terminal 4 and avoid TSA assuming that I've checked in on line with SQ and have printed or mobile boarding pass. Correct?

Thanks in advance.
SQ uses one of the A380-capable gates in Concourse A of Terminal 4, A4 or A6, IIRC.

If you can checkin online, then you should be able to do the airside connection. Since reconfiguration of security at T4 a few years ago, the lounges are all airside now.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
SQ uses one of the A380-capable gates in Concourse A of Terminal 4, A4 or A6, IIRC.

If you can checkin online, then you should be able to do the airside connection. Since reconfiguration of security at T4 a few years ago, the lounges are all airside now.
Flew SQ25 twice last winter and they used A7 both times (not that it makes a difference really). More interesting was the return — SQ26 is scheduled in after the OZ and EY A380s and we landed early so they were both parked at the A gates and we got put at B27 (or maybe 29) instead.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:26 am

I flew SLC to LAX on DL before switching to SQ back to SIN. The staff told me at SLC they could check me in for the SQ flight if I had no check-in luggage. Unfortunately I had a lot so had to collect and then recheck my bags in at LAX.

Could be the same for you.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mlee888
I flew SLC to LAX on DL before switching to SQ back to SIN. The staff told me at SLC they could check me in for the SQ flight if I had no check-in luggage. Unfortunately I had a lot so had to collect and then recheck my bags in at LAX.

Could be the same for you.
Thanks. Was that recently?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:44 am

Thanks. Was that recently?

Yes, 3 weeks ago. The booking was interlined though. Think this has to be the case where the flights have to be booked on the same transaction. SQ and DL have an agreement there.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mlee888
Yes, 3 weeks ago. The booking was interlined though. Think this has to be the case where the flights have to be booked on the same transaction. SQ and DL have an agreement there.
Ok, thanks. I'm on 2 totally separate tickets so am thinking I'll need to go landside, check in with SQ and go through security again.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 1:39 pm

Ok, thanks. I'm on 2 totally separate tickets so am thinking I'll need to go landside, check in with SQ and go through security again.
Strange how it worked for me, I had 2 separate reference numbers (one for each airline) and then had everything handled in one transaction.

Hope it works out for you.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I know of one frequent flier who flew into JFK about 6h before his flight and had through-checked in baggage. He hung out at the Oasis lounge (which SQ used).

The Oasis lounge staff called the SQ staff to come to the lounge when they arrived on duty.

The SQ staff came, borrowed his passport, and then returned to the lounge with his passport and new boarding pass.

It may have helped that he was in R class on SQ.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I know of one frequent flier who flew into JFK about 6h before his flight and had through-checked in baggage. He hung out at the Oasis lounge (which SQ used).

The Oasis lounge staff called the SQ staff to come to the lounge when they arrived on duty.

The SQ staff came, borrowed his passport, and then returned to the lounge with his passport and new boarding pass.

It may have helped that he was in R class on SQ.
However now SQ uses the LX lounge which is post-security so one will need a BP to get there.

Also if he's flying R he should be going to the VS clubhouse
Old Apr 23, 2017, 9:38 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
SQ departs out of the A gates in T4 JFK. Took this flight last week and boarded A7. You can check-in online but NO boarding pass will be issued. You will have to pickup boarding pass at gate unless you leave airside to go to check-in counters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.