Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ Saver award - second stopover for $100?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by bamaPhantom
According to their call center, you can have a stopover for $100 on a one way partner ticket. I was trying to book HNL-HSV on United, but it stopped in IAH for 4 hours 5 minutes. 4+ hours connection on a domestic flight is considered a stopover. I need a small schedule change to save $100!
Thanks for the info. I was hoping to pay $100 for DPS - SIN - HKG.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 6:23 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by aster
I assume one would have to make the original booking whilst at the same time making sure that there is also a saver award available for the alternative date should a stopover be added, right?
Be interested in this, or i'll be the guinea pig and try my luck.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:57 am

was 30 days the maximum allow for a stopover?

Last edited by jjjohn; Oct 6, 2014 at 9:33 am
Old Dec 3, 2014, 5:50 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Confirmed after multiple holds. You can add a stopover for the saver with web discount price + additional taxes / fees.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 5:27 am

Trying to do this now to move the first segment of a SIN-NRT-LAX award up a few days. I had to waitlist the entire change because the NRT-LAX segment (which we actually have confirmed seats on already) doesn't have availability. So you can't book what you want for one segment then call to change another... a bit annoying.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by djibouti
Trying to do this now to move the first segment of a SIN-NRT-LAX award up a few days. I had to waitlist the entire change because the NRT-LAX segment (which we actually have confirmed seats on already) doesn't have availability. So you can't book what you want for one segment then call to change another... a bit annoying.
This is the weakness of their computer system.

When you make change to any booking, they sort of try to make a fresh booking. So if you are making a change to one segment but not the other, naturally it is not available because you have already taken the few award seats even if the new segment is actually available if booked on its own.

So Waitlist is inevitable, but after multiple calls and many many notes, it usually clears. Need a human intervention at the back end to review your case and clear it.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 10:26 am

Thanks, that's comforting. Hopefully they'll clear it tomorrow morning because the first leg immediately cleared and has to be booked by 6PM tomorrow. No idea what that even means without leg 2...

Any advice for what to ask the agents otherwise? None seem able or willing to make a call to process it immediately..
Old Dec 23, 2014, 4:49 pm

They can't do anything. Just ask them to send a chaser or reminder
Old Dec 23, 2014, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by SQueeze
They can't do anything. Just ask them to send a chaser or reminder
Could I book one way award online and add the stopover by calling the CS?
thanks!
Old Dec 23, 2014, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by jjjohn
Could I book one way award online and add the stopover by calling the CS?
thanks!
That's what I always do.
May have to try a few times though, and need to explain to them you want the -USD 100 stop over. Some agents are quite clueless
Old Dec 23, 2014, 6:56 pm

Well, mine has a happy ending (so far)--the waitlist cleared around 0830 Singapore time.

Total taxes and fees ended up being an extra S$93 with a US$20 reissue fee per ticket, for a total of about S$120/US$91 per ticket. I'm not sure if the taxes and fees dropped significantly to offset the $100 stopover fee but didn't ask.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 4:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Is it possible to book a oneway on SQ only with 2 stopovers? For example JFK-FRA(stopover)-SIN(stopover)-NRT? I know the official word is no, but has anyone tried is, I would appreciate your PM.

I was thinking booking the itin with a stopover in FRA online and then try to add the SIN stopover over the phone paying only the $100 stopover fee.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 7:19 am

You cannot even have one stopover on a one way flight by booking online.

The first stop over at usd100 has to be added offline. Not sure if the second can. I should think possible.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by SQueeze
You cannot even have one stopover on a one way flight by booking online.

The first stop over at usd100 has to be added offline. Not sure if the second can. I should think possible.
Ok, thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2014, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
Is it possible to book a oneway on SQ only with 2 stopovers? For example JFK-FRA(stopover)-SIN(stopover)-NRT? I know the official word is no, but has anyone tried is, I would appreciate your PM.

I was thinking booking the itin with a stopover in FRA online and then try to add the SIN stopover over the phone paying only the $100 stopover fee.
SQ may treat this as two awards ticket.
JFK-FRA-SIN-NRT is not a valid route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.