Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ Saver award - second stopover for $100?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Saver award - second stopover for $100?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2014, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by SQueeze
That's what I always do.
May have to try a few times though, and need to explain to them you want the -USD 100 stop over. Some agents are quite clueless
thanks^
Old Dec 26, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by jjjohn
SQ may treat this as two awards ticket.
JFK-FRA-SIN-NRT is not a valid route.
Agreed. SQ is very stingy on backtracking.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA*GS, AS-75K, DL-Pt, Marriot-Ti, Hilton-G
I just managed to add a stopover on a saver ticket. Originally Booked AKL-SIN for 2 in suites, then found space on SQ16 for 2 in F after 3 nights in Singapore. Called the krisflyer line and asked to modify the existing res to make it AKL-SFO with a 3 night stopover. I was on hold for about 5 min when they came back and said sure thing, that will take 55k miles to top up the award to 119k per person (there was no question that I was getting the 15% discount, and they didn't treat it as two awards), and it is $100 per person stopover fee.
Interesting thing is that the website will not allow a redemption on AKL/CHC-SFO/LAX as it is backtracking. No issues with call center.
Very simple phone call, and standard great customer service. Now to see if I can upgrade the 3rd person to F from J...
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: SQ KF Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat
Congratulations, that sounds like a very nice trip indeed.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by dingo155
Interesting thing is that the website will not allow a redemption on AKL/CHC-SFO/LAX as it is backtracking. No issues with call center.
Very simple phone call, and standard great customer service. Now to see if I can upgrade the 3rd person to F from J...
I've noticed the same too. It works on the mobile app interestingly enough.

My experience with booking a stopover was as follows:

I booked AKL-JFK online initially without a stopover. When I saw the dates I wanted I called in to the SIN service centre about changing it to include a stopover. Initially rep tells me that although she can see Saver availability on AKL-SIN, there isn't SIN-JFK availability. I protested that it was available on an individual search, and then she says "because of quota management, etc. etc.". I ask if there's anything she can do - she puts me on hold. 5 minutes later she comes back and said "OK, I have confirmed the new itinerary for you, what is your credit card number for the SGD 140 for the new taxes and fees."

Kept the 15% online discount, paying 116,875 miles. Not pleased about paying almost SGD 900 in taxes/fees on such an itinerary, but it is Suites after all. ^
Old Feb 14, 2015, 6:30 pm

I'm trying to book the following itinerary: SGN-SIN-ZRH on SQ, arriving at ZRH at 8am, then ZRH-MAD on the same day at 12:30pm on LX. I'm trying to book Suite or Business saver award (one way).
Could anyone please tell me if it is possible to add the ZRH-MAD as the 100USD stop over?
Old Feb 14, 2015, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mbfanos
I'm trying to book the following itinerary: SGN-SIN-ZRH on SQ, arriving at ZRH at 8am, then ZRH-MAD on the same day at 12:30pm on LX. I'm trying to book Suite or Business saver award (one way).
Could anyone please tell me if it is possible to add the ZRH-MAD as the 100USD stop over?
It's not a stopover if you stay less than 24 hours so it won't cost you the $100 fee, but it will cost you a lot more in miles and taxes if you were previously taking advantage of the web discount. You might want to look into whether you can book the ZRH-MAD leg more cheaply separately.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 11:43 pm

Hey guys - Sorry for asking the same question again, but I could not find a clear answer here and am a newbie to SQ.

I have a one way saver F class ticket booked from BOM-SFO with a connection in SIN. I had no idea about the $100/layover option.

Since my ticket is one way F Saver class, can I still get the $100/layover stopover as long as there is flight availability the next day on the SIN-SFO flight? Appreciate your help!
Old Feb 22, 2015, 7:58 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by nashstat
Hey guys - Sorry for asking the same question again, but I could not find a clear answer here and am a newbie to SQ.

I have a one way saver F class ticket booked from BOM-SFO with a connection in SIN. I had no idea about the $100/layover option.

Since my ticket is one way F Saver class, can I still get the $100/layover stopover as long as there is flight availability the next day on the SIN-SFO flight? Appreciate your help!
Yes. If under 24 hours, then will not count as a stopover... so you get it for free...
Old Feb 22, 2015, 8:02 am

Anybody had any luck to book 2 stopovers on a one way saver award.

Booked GRU - BCN - SIN - HKG and managed to book a stopover in SIN for US$100. However they didn't want to let me add a second stopover in BCN for a further US$100

Got the 15% discount too... wonder why they don't just let us book this online for us$100 extra...
Old Apr 10, 2015, 4:58 am

do you know if there is a limit on the length of stopover?
website only allows for 30 days.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:22 pm

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
I am trying to route LAX-NRT-SIN-MEL/SYD in saver F. Currently, LAX-NRT-SIN is available in F (saver), and with a 36 hour layover in SIN there is saver availability to SIN-SYD or SIN-MEL. All the legs I want are available in saver, and even with the $100 stop-over they have to waitlist the SIN-MLB/SYD legs. Should I keep trying and hope to get an agent that can make it happen? I have made 3 attempts so far with no luck.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by sonomawine
I am trying to route LAX-NRT-SIN-MEL/SYD in saver F. Currently, LAX-NRT-SIN is available in F (saver), and with a 36 hour layover in SIN there is saver availability to SIN-SYD or SIN-MEL. All the legs I want are available in saver, and even with the $100 stop-over they have to waitlist the SIN-MLB/SYD legs. Should I keep trying and hope to get an agent that can make it happen? I have made 3 attempts so far with no luck.
Yes you need to try another agent.

Had the exact same problem with AKL-SIN-JFK. AKL-SIN and SIN-JFK were showing up separately (with a 5 day stopover in between) but the agent told me I couldn't get it. I pointed out availability on both segments, she gave me the spiel about quota is by O/D, but then I pushed and asked if something could be done as it seemed dumb.

Couple minutes later she came back and confirmed the space for me. ^
Old Jul 25, 2015, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
This thread is really helpful! I plan to book JFK-FRA-SIN first, when my desired date is open, I will call SQ to add a stopover in FRA. Any suggestion?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:11 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by maxswanson
This thread is really helpful! I plan to book JFK-FRA-SIN first, when my desired date is open, I will call SQ to add a stopover in FRA. Any suggestion?
Award space from JFK-FRA is very poor. Other than that its pretty simple. Just make sure to call the Singapore call center.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.