Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do you think Emirates is superior to SQ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
I just wish SQ would come up with a decent First Class seat for the 77W.

The Suites are the best bed I have ever tried in the sky.

But that F seat is horrible. Too wide, not long enough, hard as rock.

I still think their service in F is outstanding. But the hardware is definetely greener elsewhere...
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by GRUflyer
I just wish SQ would come up with a decent First Class seat for the 77W.

The Suites are the best bed I have ever tried in the sky.

But that F seat is horrible. Too wide, not long enough, hard as rock.

I still think their service in F is outstanding. But the hardware is definetely greener elsewhere...
Are you talking old (2007) or new (2013) F? Haven't flown the new F, but honestly not too impressed at first glance. Will reserve judgement until I actually fly it, but its not like SQ C all that much narrower.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Recently flew EK F for the first time on JFK-MXP on their 77W. Have to say I was disappointed given all the hype of EK. I only rate the hard product as I don't normally eat a lot or watch any movies. Most important for me is the ability to sleep and work.

I did not like their seat that when flat comes right up to the sliding doors. To get up from the seat, I will need to open the sliding doors to swing my legs out. The whole suite felt very tight. I don't understand why they waste so much space on the side to store the drinks that aren't even cold when they could have made the seat wider or closer to the side than to the door.

SQ Suites is still the best in the air. I haven't tried EK A380 yet, but I assume the F design is similar? SQ 77W in F, I agree is a big gap to Suites but waiting to try the 2013 slight redesign. I was told SQ is considering re-configuring the 77W F layout to be better than the 2013 design and that is why the 2013 F design has been slow to roll-out pending their decision to re-configure 77W F.
Old May 2, 2014, 11:11 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, LH FTL, FB Gold, LATAM Black Signature
Originally Posted by bagold
Recently flew EK F for the first time on JFK-MXP on their 77W. Have to say I was disappointed given all the hype of EK. I only rate the hard product as I don't normally eat a lot or watch any movies. Most important for me is the ability to sleep and work.

I did not like their seat that when flat comes right up to the sliding doors. To get up from the seat, I will need to open the sliding doors to swing my legs out. The whole suite felt very tight. I don't understand why they waste so much space on the side to store the drinks that aren't even cold when they could have made the seat wider or closer to the side than to the door.

SQ Suites is still the best in the air. I haven't tried EK A380 yet, but I assume the F design is similar? SQ 77W in F, I agree is a big gap to Suites but waiting to try the 2013 slight redesign. I was told SQ is considering re-configuring the 77W F layout to be better than the 2013 design and that is why the 2013 F design has been slow to roll-out pending their decision to re-configure 77W F.
If SQ comes up with an outstanding F seat, or similar to Suites, I will sure fly First on GRU-SIN. Otherwise, not much difference between C and F nowdays. Service-wise F is much better, but not worth the heavy premium they charge. I can fly LH F for 20% less....
Old May 2, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
I was told SQ is considering re-configuring the 77W F layout to be better than the 2013 design and that is why the 2013 F design has been slow to roll-out pending their decision to re-configure 77W F.

This is very interesting. How credible is your source?

I've not tried the 2013 F but many times on the older F. I think suites is leaps and bounds better in terms of comfort just from the fact of being able to stretch your in various directions in bed mode.

Forcing pax to sleep diagonally helps save some inches in the F cabin but seriously this is 2014 and so many other compeitiors are closing the gap on the hardware front.

Perhaps SQ should get JPA to revolutionise a new F seat!
Old May 8, 2014, 9:15 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Originally Posted by Sunil Rao
I will never fly Singapore airlines. I used a lot of miles to purchase a round trip Business Class ticket and the return was wait listed and they did not have a seat for me for 6 months out. I had to finally take Cathay Pacific back from MAA-SFO. They would not even give me the miles back saying I used part of my round trip ticket on the outbound. I feel they are crooks and will not let you use your miles in a reasonable manner.
SQ does one way awards for half the price of a round trip ... No reason to book round trip awards unless you are using their stopover rules.
Old May 8, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: SQ & QF
Etihad things SQ is better than EK!

“We first looked at what Singapore Airlines was doing with its A380” Etihad Chief Executive James Hogan told Australian Business Traveller on the sidelines of Etihad’s launch in Abu Dhabi earlier this week. “Then we took a view of what Emirates would do and how they would take it further than Singapore Airlines, and then how could we take it even further again” Hogan said. “And that’s what you see, something that is completely unique.”
http://www.ausbt.com.au/emirates-to-...ws-articleleft
Old May 10, 2014, 2:23 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by some dude
SQ does one way awards for half the price of a round trip ... No reason to book round trip awards unless you are using their stopover rules.
True, and even then a saver award only allows a stop-over on one of the legs.
Old May 10, 2014, 2:25 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
SQ Suites is still the best in the air.
True. And likewise SQ's C is the best product out there. So good that there really is little point to paying extra (or burning more miles) to be in F. For me it's either C or Suites when on the lookout for tix.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
Yes I sometimes think so as well
Old Jun 22, 2014, 3:23 am

Programs: SQ PPS, Marriott Life Gold
F 77W marginally better

Originally Posted by SQ3101
Yes I sometimes think so as well
Agreed.

The difference being ability to use separate check-in, the Private Room at Singapore T3, and have a good meal, excellent service and premium wines is worth a bit if you have the pre-flight time for a 2 hours chill out [though you can get some serious work done in 2 hours too!].

Flying F [not suites] from another non Singapore location is not going to be all that different from flying C as few locations offer meaningful ground service differences between C and F.

Am (still!) waiting to try suites, but long distance to Europe or US, rather than intra Asia / Australia which I feel would be a 60% experience at best.

One way upgrades to F is a great way if flying out from Singapore and you have miles to burn and time to hand.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 5:57 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by ranad
..Flying F [not suites] from another non Singapore location is not going to be all that different from flying C as few locations offer meaningful ground service differences between C and F.
Well SIN would be such a location. I tried very hard to figure out the difference between the F class lounge and the SK Biz one. And what the heck is the PR good for?

Compare this to a location like FRA where the Biz lounges are derelict and the FCL is fantastic. The difference is infinitely greater than in SIN.

And for the flying experience it is often the same. Look at the ridiculous Biz chairs LH is offering then their great F product on the 380. Whereas on the 77W you again have to study the advantages of F over C on SQ.

Add to this the inconsistency of SQ's C product across all hardware and planning does not appear to be at the core of SQ's operations ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.