Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ A380 Business Class Seat Questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by YOWgary
I'm about to book a KIX-SIN business segment in the new year, and I'm wondering if there's any compelling reason to book the 380 or the 787 over the other?

My schedule is pretty flexible, and I don't get a lot of opportunities to try "real" SQ business class.

Any thoughts?
There is of course the question of whether you want to experience the a380 or the new regional business on the 787, but more important in my opinion, if you really want to "experience" business class on SQ, there is a world of difference between a daytime flight and a red-eye, so for KIX-SIN it would be the 380 until they go back to the 787, which I think is scheduled for March.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
There is of course the question of whether you want to experience the a380 or the new regional business on the 787, but more important in my opinion,
Do I have it right that the new "regional" business on the 787s is still flat-bed, rather than the angle-flat regional product currently on the 330s?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Do I have it right that the new "regional" business on the 787s is still flat-bed, rather than the angle-flat regional product currently on the 330s?
Yes, the 787-10 has the new regional business class seat, which is somewhat similar (but still different) to the new business class seat on the 380. The 380 on the KIX-SIN route is of course the old 380 seat.

For more info and links to photos for the 787-10 business class seat, look at that thread. It has mixed reviews, but it is lay flat at the push of a button, unlike on the 380.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Recently flew the new 380. I'm a Row 11 fiend, and so went on auto-pilot to turn left ... whereas first class now extends to the galley at door 1 upper.

Really like the seat (make bed after takeoff vs waiting for seatbelt sign off), and my 21" rollaboard under the seat instead of above was nice.
Only downside: noisier seat with storage lockers right in front of you ... and a chatty active crew.

Looking forward to trying the "double bed" with the Mrs soon
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Flying on the A380 with the new business class. Currently have 11K (I know the single bulkhead seats no longer have the bench for the legs, but the centre bulkheads were already taken). Is this ok from a noise and light perspective given that it is just behind the F galley, or should I try for something a bit further back (which unfortunately would be in the 90s) now that the singles are all equal design wise? Thanks.

Couldn’t seem to find anything on the above in my search, so apologies in advance if this has already been addressed and I simply missed it.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Flew 11A on one of these. I slept just as good (better) than on SQ 380 11A/K previously ...

But it is a big brighter ... and MUCH more noisy (that's where the crew hangs out / makes meals)...

Originally Posted by Wtravel
Flying on the A380 with the new business class. Currently have 11K (I know the single bulkhead seats no longer have the bench for the legs, but the centre bulkheads were already taken). Is this ok from a noise and light perspective given that it is just behind the F galley, or should I try for something a bit further back (which unfortunately would be in the 90s) now that the singles are all equal design wise? Thanks.

Couldn’t seem to find anything on the above in my search, so apologies in advance if this has already been addressed and I simply missed it.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by shuuy
Flew 11A on one of these. I slept just as good (better) than on SQ 380 11A/K previously ...

But it is a big brighter ... and MUCH more noisy (that's where the crew hangs out / makes meals)...
After having just flown on 11K agree with the light and noise, although the cew didn’t do too bad a job of trying to keep that to a minimum outside of the meal service. The most annoying part was the fact that there are a number of galley storage areas between the seat and the curtain, so not on the galley side of the curtain. As a result, the main disturbance (noise and light) actually came from the cew accessing this storage, which they had to on and off throughout much of the flight. It is beyond me why SQ didn’t try and place the curtain closer to the seat, so that this area would also have been closed off to the cabin when the curtain is drawn (the curtain really is quite far back towards the galley). Given this and all single seats being equal, row 11 singles seem best avoided in favor of a seat 2/3 rows further back (my only choice was this or the last row of the aircraft). On a positive note, was favourably impressed with the sleeping space (and comfort, but I tend to sleep on the side) of the new seat, including the space for the feet (am no giant, though); haven’t experienced much better on this count on my extensive travels in business long-haul.

Last edited by Wtravel; Sep 13, 2018 at 2:13 pm
Old Sep 19, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite.
Business class seats.

Will be travelling again next year with them (SQ288) & then onto LHR.How many of their aircraft has been retrofitted to the new biz product?Cheers
Old Oct 3, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: KF, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Can someone share their experience of the ‘double bed’ in 96 D / F in 2017 J please?
Traveling with wife and toddler, so wondering how much of a pain the noise from galley is and should I get a middle row instead?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: Singapore Airlines
Sat in 97A but slept in the double bed at 96 D/F. Galley noise was minor - no big issue.

Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:53 am

Programs: Miles&More SEN; ITA Premium, Asante Gold, IHG Platinum, BAEC Bronze, Accor Silver, Radisson Premier
Hi, I tried searching the forum and this thread and haven’t found an answer. I’m flying FRA-SIN on SQ25 in 10 days. Currently sat in 96a and wondering how often in reality the bassinet seats are used in the middle seats on this flight. I realise it’s not an exact science but wondering more if it’s a 50-50 chance or is it less likely that infants are travelling and sat here. Other noise doesn’t bother me, just don’t know if I could manage with a baby

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 14, 2018, 5:44 pm

I've flown the SQ A380 probably 50-60 times in the last 24 months. I've only seen a baby once.
Originally Posted by ChrisBub
Hi, I tried searching the forum and this thread and haven’t found an answer. I’m flying FRA-SIN on SQ25 in 10 days. Currently sat in 96a and wondering how often in reality the bassinet seats are used in the middle seats on this flight. I realise it’s not an exact science but wondering more if it’s a 50-50 chance or is it less likely that infants are travelling and sat here. Other noise doesn’t bother me, just don’t know if I could manage with a baby
ChrisBub likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: EBD
So, the A/K bulkhead seats in the new C on A380, does not have the full-width footrest?
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Douglas
So, the A/K bulkhead seats in the new C on A380, does not have the full-width footrest?
In 11A/K, not full width. But because the seat is herringbone you don't notice it. I sleep better in new C than old C. (190cm tall)
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: EBD
Originally Posted by shuuy
In 11A/K, not full width. But because the seat is herringbone you don't notice it. I sleep better in new C than old C. (190cm tall)
Thanks. I guess then needless to ask about 91A/K and 96A/K. The short-lived excitement of "scoring" 96K...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.