Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ A380 Business Class Seat Questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:36 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I have booked a flight on the new A380 business class to travel in 2018 and noticed that there is a row 97 in the small section at the rear of the business class section. Previously the older A380 only has a row 96.

Two questions:
1. Has anyone managed to get any bulkhead seat on the new A380 business class? It seems like all bulkhead seats (with or without bassinet) are blocked off automatically. If such, how can we get those bulkhead seats?

2. Are row 96 and 97 seats better being in a small section of the plane or does it not matter?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:04 pm

Does anyone know when SQ will have the new Business Class seats installed on their a380's on the JFK-FRA route, as well as their JFK-SIN route? I'm talking specifically about this product:

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...usiness-class/
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:35 am

Never. That product is not new, despite what their blurb might say. The 380s will eventually see the actual new product and not the one in your link. In terms of Frankfurt and New York being serviced by equipment with the new seats, no one knows when that will happen.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Phaze
Never. That product is not new, despite what their blurb might say. The 380s will eventually see the actual new product and not the one in your link. In terms of Frankfurt and New York being serviced by equipment with the new seats, no one knows when that will happen.
That's too bad, because the new product looks decidedly inferior to the one they had planned to launch. Not only are the seats on the new product less spacious, but the wall of the suite actually blocks the window. This is a design I absolutely despise. The only good thing about it apparently is the privacy it offers. I kind of regret transferring my ThankYou points to Singapore. I did so thinking that the link I sent you represented the new J class they were planning to install on their a380's.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum
The new J on the A380 is a disaster.

The overhead storage is way too small to fit my rimowa cabin luggage. The underseat storage is also too short. Again my rimowa did not fit.

The seat feels tight and small. Who ever designed this new J needs to be shot.

Seriously underwhelming J. The J on A359 and 77W are so much better.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:01 am

The new J is also much harder to sit and sleep on. If you like hard seat and bed you will like it. But having flown over 15 hours to Singapore. I really miss the A359 bed.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by joer1212
Does anyone know when SQ will have the new Business Class seats installed on their a380's on the JFK-FRA route, as well as their JFK-SIN route? I'm talking specifically about this product:

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...usiness-class/
Becareful in what you ask for. While the privacy is great. Lots of storage compartment but the spaces are small. Any rimowa larger than Air trolly won’t fit over head or underneath the seat (window seats). Barely fits middle seats

The seats are super hard and very uncomfortable.

I flew in on SQ31 and had great sleep on the A359. It was comfortable. But the A380 new J so far has been quiet pathetic.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:26 am

Wow, the new J looks a lot more cramped. Wonder what happened in the design.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by 9V-SIA
We are discussing best seats in A380 not 77W.

In which case, front row of front cabin is the worst seat as it has no window and narrower footrest than normal bulkhead
I appreciate you are discussing the A380 here but I have a question relating to Boeing 777-300ER (77W) and am relatively new to this forum and still can't see how to start a new topic.
I booked a flight for my Niece and selected her seat -17K Now I am concerned it might be over the wing. Can anyone advise if this is so. Thanks.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 10:08 pm

Are all J Lavatories the same on the A380? Should not be on the older seats, but all J upper deck.

I'd be travelling with kids and infant, like to check if any of the lavatories are bigger or do not have changing table. I was on BR 77W J, IIRC, one of lavatories did not have a changing table. Probably the one at the nose does not have changing table as there is not bassinet for the front row?

Otherwise, I'm sticking to my bet of rows 93/94 for better access to lavatories. Would there be too much foot traffic for the lavatories behind?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Wondering about seat selection on the new A380 ... what rows have the views blocked by the wing? I'm currently sat at 12A but am willing to sit in the 90s if that's a better location (and a smaller cabin)
Old Feb 24, 2018, 6:20 am

This new seat is a disaster. Terribly uncomfortable to sleep on, with the side table constraining the already narrower seat width. Sigh.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:08 am

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Is upper deck J or main deck J better for new A380?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by k3nnis
Is upper deck J or main deck J better for new A380?
There has never been a main deck J on SQ's A380s, either in the old configuration or new one.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by TravelwhileyouEat
There has never been a main deck J on SQ's A380s, either in the old configuration or new one.
oh ok. How come the seat numbers jump from 11 to 94 or something like that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.