Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Will SQ ever allow partner programs to book F/J ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will SQ ever allow partner programs to book F/J ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 10:13 pm

Programs: CX SL, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by maxmin
So selfish!

I bear no grudge against the exchange of the humble KrisFlyer mile for the superior premium cabin of United! Not to mention the additional benefits of access to the UA lounges in Singapore etc, far superior to anything SQ might have to offer, IMHO.
Haha! I am sure people are dying to fly on United as compared to SQ In all seriousness though, as a United Mileage Plus member, I would really appreciate the chance to redeem a long haul SQ J award. But then again, if this were the case, the SQ business product would no longer have the elusive and mystique factor.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Actually most partner programs have access to SQ's premium award seats excluding Suites. For UA MP, it's more likely that SQ is blocking them given SQ's long disdain with MP. (Unconfirmed officially, but known in SQ circles)
Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Actually most partner programs have access to SQ's premium award seats excluding Suites. For UA MP, it's more likely that SQ is blocking them given SQ's long disdain with MP. (Unconfirmed officially, but known in SQ circles)
Then why are all the SQ SFO-HKG saver redemption seats in J/F that are available to KrisFlyer not available to US Airways Dividend Miles? Take a look at the next four weeks.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 2:04 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by BAmemberUSD2009
Then why are all the SQ SFO-HKG saver redemption seats in J/F that are available to KrisFlyer not available to US Airways Dividend Miles? Take a look at the next four weeks.
The question itself is of course impossible to answer accurately without simultaneous knowledge of both systems and their inventory management.

But to LH M&M, the availability on the front cabins sans suites is actually quite good.

SQ will get away with that for quite a while I guess. The two leading horses in the *A UA and LH have entirely stopped caring about their elites (even to a worse degree than SQ did), so even if the complaints will keep piling up, they won't care.
So SQ can go ahead for a while with the trickery regarding their premium cabin awards and operating SilkAir without being booted from the *A.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Nelumbo
I took SQ 26 SIN-FRA-JFK on 388 J earlier this month, on US miles.
Is this a RT or one way? Do US allow one way redeemtion?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
Is this a RT or one way? Do US allow one way redeemtion?
US does not allow one way redemption.
Old May 5, 2012, 4:51 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
UA MP now shows SQ J award availability SFO-HKG, JFK-FRA and SFO-ICN in May. Is this new that we humble MP members can now redeem awards in SQ J???

Last edited by chinatraderjmr; May 5, 2012 at 6:58 am
Old May 5, 2012, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
UA MP now shows SQ J award availability JFK-HKG and SFO-ICN in May. Is this new that we humble MP members can now redeem awards in SQ J???
Strange as there are no JFK-HKG SQ flights.
Old May 5, 2012, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Strange as there are no JFK-HKG SQ flights.
My mistake. I meant HKG-SFO and JFK-FRA Sorry
Old May 5, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum, Marriott & Discovery Platinum, IGH Diamond
Originally Posted by weero
The question itself is of course impossible to answer accurately without simultaneous knowledge of both systems and their inventory management.

But to LH M&M, the availability on the front cabins sans suites is actually quite good.

SQ will get away with that for quite a while I guess. The two leading horses in the *A UA and LH have entirely stopped caring about their elites (even to a worse degree than SQ did), so even if the complaints will keep piling up, they won't care.
So SQ can go ahead for a while with the trickery regarding their premium cabin awards and operating SilkAir without being booted from the *A.
I guess you meant M&M availability in J on SQ is quite good... As far as I know, there is absolutely no way to book an F seat on SQ using M&M or any other *A miles. Of course, except some intra-asian flights on 772/773, that is.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante.
Old May 5, 2012, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by El Puerco Volante
I guess you meant M&M availability in J on SQ is quite good... As far as I know, there is absolutely no way to book an F seat on SQ using M&M or any other *A miles. Of course, except some intra-asian flights on 772/773, that is.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante.
No, I meant UA MP has the availability on SQ J You are 100pct correct in what you say about how UA is treating us lowly 1K million mile flyers (it's disgusting) BUT since the merger the award availability has actually gotten better. We can now mix *A and partner (QR) on same award, even one way and as I pointed out, SQ J seats avail which I have not seen in a long time.

(just an FYI, had no problem booking an F award JFK-MUC-BKK-NRT-FRA-JFK With one weeks notice all on LH and TG including the 380 (all F). Before merger this was unheard of
Old May 5, 2012, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
UA MP now shows SQ J award availability SFO-HKG, JFK-FRA and SFO-ICN in May. Is this new that we humble MP members can now redeem awards in SQ J???
For Krisflyer members, I see saver redemption availability on May 9 2012 in both J and F on SQ1 from SFO to HKG. However, when I call both US Airways and United, the agents do not see them.
Old May 14, 2012, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS Gold
Originally Posted by BAmemberUSD2009
For Krisflyer members, I see saver redemption availability on May 9 2012 in both J and F on SQ1 from SFO to HKG. However, when I call both US Airways and United, the agents do not see them.
No surprises there!
Old May 14, 2012, 11:36 am

Someone has reported that SQ26 flys with a pretty empty J. I guess it is the same situation at the Suites. Can they do this for much longer?
Old May 14, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Originally Posted by unfrequentflyer
Someone has reported that SQ26 flys with a pretty empty J. I guess it is the same situation at the Suites. Can they do this for much longer?
SQ will continue to fly planes with empty J and C class. They have had very strict upgrade policies for years and I don't see that changing. I think the problem is their FF redemption rates / upgrade rates are really absurd when using KF miles, and until they rectify that with their primarily customer base, it is unlikely they would do the same with global customer base.

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Just to add more fuel for the fire. UA isn't an SQ code share partner either while US is!

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/ab...codeshare-psh/

Last edited by DHalltheway; May 14, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.