Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Will SQ ever allow partner programs to book F/J ?

Old Jan 30, 12, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Looks like it's no longer possible to redeem miles from any other carrier in F/J - so why are they still part of the alliance?

Or, is there going to be an end to this blocking of award seats?
Old Jan 30, 12, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by maxmin View Post
Looks like it's no longer possible to redeem miles from any other carrier in F/J - so why are they still part of the alliance?

Or, is there going to be an end to this blocking of award seats?
You can still redeem on their intra-asia routes that are not operated by 77Ws and 388s (though some 77W routes seems to be available for J redemption). Alas, the glory days of flying SQ long-haul premium class for free is gone... and I am sad for that. But I am grateful for the 'alternatives' that are usually equally as good. So, I am not complaining (though I did initially... ). Hopefully SQ will allow partners to book their premium cabin, but this may not likely happen for another year or two...
Old Jan 30, 12, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Yes we mustn't complain - esp those of us who managed a few transpac F awards in the old days!

Is there any evidence that they will offer in the future? Or just wild speculation ?!
Old Jan 30, 12, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat (farewell DL :-<),Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold
SQ has A380 J seats for partners on some routes. I am on SQ25 on Saturday in J booked with UA miles.
Old Jan 30, 12, 2:50 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Gold, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Malaysian
I am doing SIN-LHR in Oct 12 in J on A380 booked with BMI miles.
Old Jan 30, 12, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K, BA Silver, Accor Plat, Marriott Gold, Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold
add me with SIN-SYD A388 J booked with CO miles, and another one with AC miles
Old Jan 30, 12, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by delanet View Post
SQ has A380 J seats for partners on some routes. I am on SQ25 on Saturday in J booked with UA miles.
Cool - is that JFK-FRA route? How far in advance did you book?
Old Jan 30, 12, 3:00 pm

Cool - is that JFK-FRA route? How far in advance did you book?
Yes JFK-FRA I booked about 2 months ago.
Old Jan 30, 12, 5:44 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines Krisflyer
I have done NRT-SIN on 77W J; will be doing HKG-SIN on 388 J and SIN-DME on 77W J. All on BMI DC miles.
Old Jan 30, 12, 6:26 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, MH Silver, SPG Gold
Have done business class redemptions LHR-SIN on A380, SYD-SIN on A380, MEL-SIN on 77W all in the last four months, all using BMI miles (the race is on to use them).
Old Jan 30, 12, 8:39 pm

Programs: Lifetime Globalist
There will be changes this year and SQ will allow F redemptions on 77W again. They will also give J inventory on 388 and 77W to all partners - it's a bit random at the moment.

Change was scheduled for early 2012 but I heard this is postponed to later in 2012 now.
Old Jan 31, 12, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
There will be changes this year and SQ will allow F redemptions on 77W again. They will also give J inventory on 388 and 77W to all partners - it's a bit random at the moment.

Change was scheduled for early 2012 but I heard this is postponed to later in 2012 now.
Where did you come across this info? Especially about F?
Old Jan 31, 12, 8:40 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Redeeming will surely remain a heck of a lot easier with KrisFlyer miles than trying to get an alliance reward via another FFP. I don't quite see anything wrong with this, unless everything gets pooled into one system some day where no preference is given to anyone.

As to why are they still part of the alliance? The best carrier in *A? Kind of like someone complaining about the US and asking why are they still in NATO...
Old Jan 31, 12, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP
Originally Posted by aster View Post
Redeeming will surely remain a heck of a lot easier with KrisFlyer miles than trying to get an alliance reward via another FFP. I don't quite see anything wrong with this..
No surprise here. What is more telling and disappointing is that the other *A members do not care enough for their customers to let SQ get away with such a stunt.

At the moment one can pretty much tell how customer friendly a *A program is by checking if it allows 77W or 380 bookings on SQ. And odd situation.
Old Jan 31, 12, 1:56 pm

I took SQ 26 SIN-FRA-JFK on 388 J earlier this month, on US miles.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: