Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Will SQ ever allow partner programs to book F/J ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will SQ ever allow partner programs to book F/J ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2012, 12:57 am

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Sorry did you mean that they had 8 occupied seats and the rest were empty but they still did not release the empty seats?
Yup exactly that.

Also I think that third flight is to Bombay? Never heard of that, but it would be great news to have a 11am to 2pm flight from Singapore - Delhi. That will be the perfect flight
Old Oct 31, 2012, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Just booked two LHR-SIN business class redemptions using BMI miles for SQ319 on 22 Nov 2012. Just a reference point. This is no doubt due to the special arrangement between BMI and SQ, which will sadly come to an end soon. UA redemption engine shows no SQ availability in J class for the same flights
It is also possible that you got lucky. There was one flight a day between SIN and LHR which was on their 777-300 which they do make available to partners (besides United who would anyways do starnet blocking).

If this is in fact the case, you are very lucky as they changed the aircraft to the A380!
Old Oct 31, 2012, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by levy
It is also possible that you got lucky. There was one flight a day between SIN and LHR which was on their 777-300 which they do make available to partners (besides United who would anyways do starnet blocking).

If this is in fact the case, you are very lucky as they changed the aircraft to the A380!
I actually managed to get 2 x LHR-SIN-SYD in J via BMI DC and fly next week. I did book these last Nov (2011) as soon as they were available, think it was 355 days in advance but it was no bother, I was flexible on my outbound dates which possibly made things easier.

The tickets were original on the 77w from LHR-SIN but then this change to the A380 when the took the 77w off the LHR-SIN route.

Not sure if this helps anyone but thought I'd share it.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by levy
The 77W is not available in J for partners generally. Also you lose credibility with your reference to *net blocking which hasn't been in effect for 1.5 years at this point.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
ok, I was able to book 2 J seats on SQ from DEL to SIN for March 2013. Now I need 2 more, is there a possibilty that SQ will release them closer to departure? These were booked using US Dividends miles. The 2 I booked are for my parents, I will book myself in Y with J mileage requirements and hope SQ will relase the other 2 seats.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
SQ doesn't block J/F seats on 777-200s, 777-200ERs, refurbished 772s , 773s and A333 aircrafts for other *A partners. The only exception to total blank out of any F/J award seats on all SQ flights seem to be UA and VS.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
SQ doesn't block J/F seats on 777-200s, 777-200ERs, refurbished 772s , 773s and A333 aircrafts for other *A partners. The only exception to total blank out of any F/J award seats on all SQ flights seem to be UA and VS.
GB I got 2 seats for my parents but do hope that they will open up at least 2 more for us as right now we are in Y but paid J miles.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by dsquared37
The 77W is not available in J for partners generally. Also you lose credibility with your reference to *net blocking which hasn't been in effect for 1.5 years at this point.
UA is still applying *net blocking for sure and SQ's Regional Business Class is the very best example.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: CO Platinum / BA Gold
Originally Posted by SMK77
UA is still applying *net blocking for sure and SQ's Regional Business Class is the very best example.
I used MP miles to book J SIN to BKK on SQ no problems.

This isn't a UA problem, its SQ being a bad alliance partner problem. Hopefully they'll get kicked out of star in favor of Cathay.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has nothing to do with UA. SQ is playing tough to get and *A should kick them out. Let SQ compete with EK directly without alliance support and see how that plays out for them...
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: FSPP, Impresario, Prive, Virtuoso
Originally Posted by rruaco
I used MP miles to book J SIN to BKK on SQ no problems.

This isn't a UA problem, its SQ being a bad alliance partner problem. Hopefully they'll get kicked out of star in favor of Cathay.
The idea of star alliance sadly is not based on how much can you redeem on other airlines business and first class cabin. It has a significantly wider meaning, which also includes those customers who are actually profitable to fly to different places with simplicity across the world and not only limited to their airlines.

Even if Cathay joined Star, Cathay would no doubt go the SQ route with all the US Airways promotions. Cathay isn't stupid and neither is SQ
Old Nov 7, 2012, 4:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by azepine00
Has nothing to do with UA. SQ is playing tough to get and *A should kick them out. Let SQ compete with EK directly without alliance support and see how that plays out for them...
SQ does not need *A and hence *A has always been very hesitant to force SQ back into line. SQ actually got a written dispensations from *A for their new Business and First Class @:-)
Old Nov 8, 2012, 3:10 am

What makes you think CX would want to join *A? *A can go ahead and kick SQ out, and be left with neither SQ nor CX.

Thankfully *A is more logical in their decision making process.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 4:48 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by azepine00
SQ is not the only one.
I (krisflyer) don't think I can get access to Lufthansa F these days either.
Old Nov 8, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: CO Platinum / BA Gold
[QUOTE=aviationp:19643450]
Originally Posted by rruaco
It has a significantly wider meaning, which also includes those customers who are actually profitable to fly to different places with simplicity across the world and not only limited to their airlines.
These days I'm a massively profitable customer (aah, consulting... same day travel booking) and I actively avoid sq even for paid J because if they aren't going to help me travel with my wife I'm not going to give them any help either.

Thank god for tk and Thai!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.