Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 - 2021: How likely are waitlisted awards to clear?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by nichojo
I'm scared.

I want to do JFK-FRA (Stop-Over) FRA-SIN in F with my Fiancee in August or September of 2016 but I'm scared to go ahead and transfer the miles. There is saver available on FRA-SIN but not JFK-FRA. I'm wondering if I should go ahead and book J and then F and hope the later clear to F.

What would the experts in the forum do?
Not sure I qualify as an SQ expert, but I'd check award availability on the many other routes that SQ flies from the US or even from Canada to SIN, on the off chance you can find two F seats on those. (LAX-NRT-SIN would be the best, as it's the A380 with the suites.) I'd certainly include transpacific flights as part of this search. This would of course involve your booking a separate ticket to get to, say, LAX or DFW, and probably flying a day earlier to that departure city to be on the safe side.

But if you're really determined to do JFK-FRA-SIN, then I guess book one F and one J and hope for the second F to open up. If that second F doesn't clear, then at the very worst the one of you who is in F would have no problem switching with a passenger in J so that you and your fiance could sit together. And J is still very nice.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: Show me the points!
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Not sure I qualify as an SQ expert, but I'd check award availability on the many other routes that SQ flies from the US or even from Canada to SIN, on the off chance you can find two F seats on those. (LAX-NRT-SIN would be the best, as it's the A380 with the suites.) I'd certainly include transpacific flights as part of this search. This would of course involve your booking a separate ticket to get to, say, LAX or DFW, and probably flying a day earlier to that departure city to be on the safe side.

But if you're really determined to do JFK-FRA-SIN, then I guess book one F and one J and hope for the second F to open up. If that second F doesn't clear, then at the very worst the one of you who is in F would have no problem switching with a passenger in J so that you and your fiance could sit together. And J is still very nice.
Keep in mind the A380 flies JFK-FRA-SIN as part of their "eastbound" routing. Good ideas though - and you confirmed my idea that 7 hours in J on the 380 won't be at all terrible .
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:23 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Here's a strange one for me; trying to waitlist on a SIN-MNL flight on Christmas day this year, and it doesn't even give me the option of doing so in Y and J. I have waitlisted for F - but it seems as though they're blocking redemption bookings for all other classes, which is a shame, as I would be more than happy to be in any class.

Will be keeping a close eye on whether reward seats open up for booking/waitlisting. Anyone else have this experience?
Old Oct 18, 2015, 3:43 pm

Just got emails and SMS saying that my F waitlist has cleared from LAX-NRT. A few questions.

1. I will only need the difference in miles from J to F? 131750 miles for J and 148750 miles miles for F. These figures are with the 15% discount. So am I correct in thinking I only need 17000 miles which will cover 2 seats?

2. How do I upgrade online? It does not look so straight forward.

And some clarification on this clearing. I booked a few months ago in J and got waitlisted in F. I called KF twice and they sent out a "chaser". It has been about 3-4 weeks since my last call. Got the notifications a few hours ago.

Any advice on this would be great as I am trying to confirm ASAP. Need to make a miles deposit first as well.

Thanks again FT folks.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by just_me_13
I will only need the difference in miles from J to F? 131750 miles for J and 148750 miles miles for F. These figures are with the 15% discount. So am I correct in thinking I only need 17000 miles which will cover 2 seats?
I think (not sure) that you need to call KF to refund the J miles and then top up the shortfall to the entire required amount to confirm your waitlisted F. Best wait for other guru's to chip in though.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 7:03 pm

Just got emails and SMS saying that my F waitlist has cleared from LAX-NRT. A few questions.

Hi,

I am in the same situation as well.
I will be travelling to NYC later this week and was waitlisted for a Biz class upgrade on the return leg. I received the text/email this morning that the upgrade was available for confirmation. I tried to confirm it via Manage my booking/Redeem an upgrade, but the system at the Shopping Cart does not allow me to proceed to payment to confirm it. I will be calling SQ tonight to settle this.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by phelansg
Hi,

I am in the same situation as well.
I will be travelling to NYC later this week and was waitlisted for a Biz class upgrade on the return leg. I received the text/email this morning that the upgrade was available for confirmation. I tried to confirm it via Manage my booking/Redeem an upgrade, but the system at the Shopping Cart does not allow me to proceed to payment to confirm it. I will be calling SQ tonight to settle this.
phelansg,

So I found out the reason why I was not able to confirm online was due to the original way I booked the reservation. Since I had to book over the phone, I had to confirm over the phone. I just finished up and am super excited now.

Hope this helps you.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by shuigao
I think (not sure) that you need to call KF to refund the J miles and then top up the shortfall to the entire required amount to confirm your waitlisted F. Best wait for other guru's to chip in though.
shuigao,

you were right, i had to call. they were able to take care of everything for me.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 11:29 pm

phelansg,

So I found out the reason why I was not able to confirm online was due to the original way I booked the reservation. Since I had to book over the phone, I had to confirm over the phone. I just finished up and am super excited now.

Hope this helps you.
Thanks. I got onto the waitlist over the phone as well, as when I was trying for a upgrade, only standard and full upgrades were available, but they put me on a waitlist for a saver upgrade. I will give them a call tonight rather than mess around with my booking.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 3:45 am

currently, i have an award for 27th Nov, SQ638 and i would like to change to 24th Nov, SQ638, currently only waitlist available. However, i do not have additional miles available, any idea when will the waitlist be available for changing existing rewards? T-7 or T-14 perhaps?
Old Oct 21, 2015, 7:51 am

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Originally Posted by tboons
currently, i have an award for 27th Nov, SQ638 and i would like to change to 24th Nov, SQ638, currently only waitlist available. However, i do not have additional miles available, any idea when will the waitlist be available for changing existing rewards? T-7 or T-14 perhaps?
I have a very similar question - except I'm wondering if there is a process for waitlisting a change.

I am confirmed on F for SYD-SIN-HND, but only SYD-SIN is in Suites. I'd want to change my flights iff SIN-NRT opens up Suites space. It doesn't seem right to waitlist with miles when all I need to do is pay $12 to change.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 3:04 pm

I'm trying to add a SIN-DPS leg onto a confirmed FRA-SIN suites saver ticket. Problem is that while SIN-DPS and FRA-SIN have saver availability, FRA-SIN-DPS does not. Any chance this opens up in the next year?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by nichojo
I'm trying to add a SIN-DPS leg onto a confirmed FRA-SIN suites saver ticket. Problem is that while SIN-DPS and FRA-SIN have saver availability, FRA-SIN-DPS does not. Any chance this opens up in the next year?
Datapoint - it cleared overnight
Old Oct 29, 2015, 4:30 pm

1. I will only need the difference in miles from J to F? 131750 miles for J and 148750 miles miles for F. These figures are with the 15% discount. So am I correct in thinking I only need 17000 miles which will cover 2 seats?

And some clarification on this clearing. I booked a few months ago in J and got waitlisted in F. I called KF twice and they sent out a "chaser". It has been about 3-4 weeks since my last call. Got the notifications a few hours ago.

Any advice on this would be great as I am trying to confirm ASAP. Need to make a miles deposit first as well.

Thanks again FT folks.
When are you flying?

I'm planning the same trip, LAX - NRT for Jan 12th to Jan 17th. I just need 1 seat but I'm scared of transferring the miles over..
Old Oct 29, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by im.daniel
Here's a strange one for me; trying to waitlist on a SIN-MNL flight on Christmas day this year, and it doesn't even give me the option of doing so in Y and J. I have waitlisted for F - but it seems as though they're blocking redemption bookings for all other classes, which is a shame, as I would be more than happy to be in any class.

Will be keeping a close eye on whether reward seats open up for booking/waitlisting. Anyone else have this experience?
Waitlist for F cleared two days ago, 2 months out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.