FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer-500/)
-   -   The 'Best credit cards for KF miles accrual' master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singapore-airlines-krisflyer/1076196-best-credit-cards-kf-miles-accrual-master-thread.html)

lingua101 Jul 30, 2012 12:18 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 19025258)
Citi PM charges S$192.60 for 10,000 miles. For S$7.40 more, you get 2,000 more miles, which is a better deal.

This card is best for Asia Miles earning for all other spending (excluding shopping and groceries). Citi PM's rate for Asia Miles is lousy. 1 Citimile = 0.4 AM.

ANZ Travel card can replace Citi PM for KrisFlyer and Asia Miles unless you want to earn miles in THAI's ROP and Delta Skymiles, you need Citi PM.

It's a VISA, earns miles for every $1 spend, unlike DBS and UOB. Each redemption request must be for a minimum of 500 ANZ Travel$, unlike DBS and UOB in blocks of 10,000 miles.

For local S$ expenses for air ticket(s)/travel package(s) from travel agents & airlines, purchases at Perfumes & Cosmetics outlets in Singapore Changi Airport, please use Maybank Horizon Visa Platinum Card, S$1 = 2 miles.

Citi PM miles is no expiry date. ANZ is 5 years.

Also Citi PM gives you 2 lounge access per year, no spending requirement. ANZ must spend $1500 in previous month before can access.

Well not saying ANZ is bad... but there is pro and cons on both

lingua101 Jul 30, 2012 12:29 am

I am trying to submit the application online, but it keeps failling..... Keep getting Alert.

Alert

■We are unable to process your request now. Please try again later.

Very frustrating.... keep getting me different code every time. why they never property test the application before launch it.

vsepr Jul 30, 2012 2:21 am

It's working fine now as of 2pm singapore time.

vsepr Jul 30, 2012 2:44 am

Originally Posted by lingua101 (Post 19025407)
Citi PM miles is no expiry date. ANZ is 5 years.

Also Citi PM gives you 2 lounge access per year, no spending requirement. ANZ must spend $1500 in previous month before can access.

Well not saying ANZ is bad... but there is pro and cons on both

No, both Citi PM and ANZ Travel card gives you a free priority pass card for 2 free lounge visits a year.

http://www.anz.com/singapore/en/reso...4eabb707451b78

On top of that ANZ Travel card gives you 2 complimentary visits (per Principal Cardmember within the validity period) to any SATS Premier Lounge at T1, T2 & T3 or Rainforest at T1. No minimum spend required for the first 2 complimentary visits. Thereafter Cardmember must charge a minimum of S$1,500 on any retail transactions to his/her ANZ Travel Visa Signature Credit Card in the last 30 days prior to the day of visit to enjoy the complimentary access.

=> ANZ Travel card has 4 lounge visits!

http://www.anz.com/singapore/en/reso...78a7b707451b78

Awesom Andy Jul 30, 2012 2:45 am

But be aware that there's virtually zero support for ANZ cards in terms of facilities. You cannot even log in online to check the credit card account.

vsepr Jul 30, 2012 2:48 am

Originally Posted by Awesom Andy (Post 19025705)
But be aware that there's virtually zero support for ANZ cards in terms of facilities. You cannot even log in online to check the credit card account.

True. ANZ does not have internet banking for their cards, hence you have to call their hotline to check if the transactions are posted or wait for the hardcopy of the statement once a month, unlike Citibank.

lingua101 Jul 31, 2012 8:37 am

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 19025716)
True. ANZ does not have internet banking for their cards, hence you have to call their hotline to check if the transactions are posted or wait for the hardcopy of the statement once a month, unlike Citibank.

Not so true. ANZ DOES have internet banking. Although it is not so informative for CC

wfu03 Aug 1, 2012 2:14 am

Best card for dining?

What's the consensus here for the best rewards card for dining? Not necessarily for just earning KF miles, but the overall package.

vsepr Aug 9, 2012 3:43 am

Here are the latest facts:

For overseas transactions, usual is $1 = 1.4 miles but till 31/12/2012, there is double bonus, hence $1 = 2.8 miles, normal rate $1 = 1.4 miles wef 1/1/2013 onwards. Once the charge is posted, $1=1.4miles will be awarded, the bonus miles will be awarded within 6 weeks after 31/12/2012.

Conversion to cash rebate: 10500 Travel$ = $50, which means spend $7500 = $50, equal to 0.667% cashback.

Conversion to Rewards points ($25 fee applies): 28000 Travel$=4000 Rewards points, in increment of 350 Travel$=50 Rewards points. Hence, $5 (5x1.4)= 1 Rewards points, same as ANZ Platinum cards points earning rate. 400 to 500 Rewards points = S$10 voucher = 0.4 to 0.5% cashback.

Conversion to KrisFlyer or Asia Miles. $25 fee applies. In blocks of 500 miles. 500, 1000, 1500, 2000 etc...

Hence, ANZ Travel card is only good for local S$ expenses from 1/1/2013 onwards!!

luv_flying Aug 11, 2012 8:26 pm

Thanks for all the detailed analysis.

I have Citi PM, Maybank Horizon and DBS Altitude Visa. Now ANZ. 4 cards + Rewards Card to manage. But seriously I may end up paying more because of the conversion fee. Do you guys think this is worth the effort?

Also, I have 3 Priority Pass , sometimes forgot which card I have utilized the 2 free visits. Worse, the 2 visits differs from one another. Some is within the calendar year...some is within membership year! :td:

And the fuming part is the Citi PM, only gives 0.4 mile for Asia Miles :mad:

Yes, I am complaining. :D

vsepr Aug 11, 2012 9:01 pm

Maybank Horizon has free conversion to KrisFlyer. Drop DBS Altitude VISA (earn points for every $5 and transfer in huge blocks of 10,000miles). Keep Citi PM for KrisFlyer. ANZ and Citi Rewards card for both KrisFlyer and Asia Miles.

Transfer only when you need the miles. Worth it if you are redeeming First/Business class tickets because they are worth a few times the price of Economy Class tickets, after deducting the taxes you have to pay for redemption tickets.

Archieflyer Aug 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Actually, I'll consider dropping the Citi PM as well. ANZ Travel Visa is strictly better except for overseas expenses next year (when the 2.8 miles /$ promo ends). In which case, you can charge to the Horizon Visa.

Only reason to retain PM would be if you shop at places which offer Citi Rebates (such as Starbucks).

BTW, one reason to keep the Altitude Visa is because you can pay your taxes (both income & property) with that card. In some cases, this can be a rather significant source of miles. :D

vsepr Aug 11, 2012 9:42 pm

For Starbucks, charge to Citi Clear Platinum and earn $1=2 miles
(5x). The Citidollars can be combined with Citi Rewards Card by calling the hotline to combine before transferring to FFPs.

You are right, DBS/POSB is the ONLY card to charge at AXS for IRAS Income & property tax. Both Citi PM and DBS are the only cards to be charged for insurance like NTUC Income, AVIVA and town council fees at AXS and earn points. It takes some time to accumulate $8335 (=10,000miles) worth of IRAS Income & property tax, unless you combine insurance, town council and other bills payable at AXS together with IRAS.

luv_flying Aug 11, 2012 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 19103751)
Drop DBS Altitude VISA (earn points for every $5 and transfer in huge blocks of 10,000miles).

Ehhh, think I just keep it to slowly get the 10K renewal bonus plus the free 2 lounge visit :D

lingua101 Aug 11, 2012 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by vsepr (Post 19103876)
For Starbucks, charge to Citi Clear Platinum and earn $1=2 miles
(5x). The Citidollars can be combined with Citi Rewards Card by calling the hotline to combine before transferring to FFPs.

You are right, DBS/POSB is the ONLY card to charge at AXS for IRAS Income & property tax. Both Citi PM and DBS are the only cards to be charged for insurance like NTUC Income, AVIVA and town council fees at AXS and earn points. It takes some time to accumulate $8335 (=10,000miles) worth of IRAS Income & property tax, unless you combine insurance, town council and other bills payable at AXS together with IRAS.

Hmmm I did not know Citi PM can be used to pay NTUC Income. Is it moto-insurance only?